Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Compare SB 3 to SB 50

King Colt

Joe Namath was a brash young proven QB and he was up against one of the great old timers of the game in Johnny Unitas. John Facenda said in one of the old NFL films Namath learned there was "still room for an whiley old vet in a young mans game". This game will unfortunately be too heavily emphasized on the QBs instead of the team personnel. The media loves this kind of storyline. Watch at the end of this matchup how many times you will hear the mouthpieces talk of Manning's future. Namath called his game and it will be interesting to see how Newton does in his SB debut Sunday. 

There are some similarities , and some differences. Osweiler is not starting like Morrall did. Johnny got into the game when it was almost over, but did produce a touchdown, but also an INT. Always wonder what might have happened if Johnny started, but in all fairness to Shula, Morrall was the 1968 MVP. You do have the young master versus old master of QB's going though. 

Colts were 17 point favorites. I remember disliking the arrogance of Namath and frustration when the Colts could not stop the Jet's offense.

I'm hoping Denver will shock the world this Sunday. I believe the Panthers are a bit of a "paper tiger" in that they only beat 2 teams with winning records, during the regular season. We shall see....

14 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Colts were 17 point favorites. I remember disliking the arrogance of Namath and frustration when the Colts could not stop the Jet's offense.

I'm hoping Denver will shock the world this Sunday. I believe the Panthers are a bit of a "paper tiger" in that they only beat 2 teams with winning records, during the regular season. We shall see....

Panthers beat four teams with winning records in the regular season, not two. Denver beat five but Denver did have a more difficult schedule.