Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats-Broncs Game

-JJ-

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the Pats always worry more about breaking records than avoiding injury. It is my hope that they get made to pay for their arrogance by watching Brady get whacked out for the rest of the post-season while trying to break this TD record.. I really don't want to wish injury on any player, but the pats deserve it.

Seems like the Pats always worry more about breaking records than avoiding injury. It is my hope that they get made to pay for their arrogance by watching Brady get whacked out for the rest of the post-season while trying to break this TD record.. I really don't want to wish injury on any player, but the pats deserve it.

I really hope that somebody takes a cheap shot on Hernandez one day. I hate that thing where he looks back at the defender and does his high-step deal.

Only positive thing I came up with in this game:

Have Gronk on my mom's friend's fantasy team. I'm sure everyone else in our league does too (we don't draft, the rules are you need someone from each team), but if the good majority of people passed on Gronk...

KER-CHING

So you were one of the few Colts fans who supported Caldwell when he chose not go for the perfect record?

So you were one of the few Colts fans who supported Caldwell when he chose not go for the perfect record?

Yep. But I seriously doubt that Caldwell had the last word on that. I believe all he had to say about that was "Yes boss".

Honestly, how would you feel if Brady got his knee cracked trying for a TD record?

There's a difference between taking your players out at half time of a meaningless game and it's another thing to keep throwing with your starters when you're up by 35.

There's a difference between taking your players out at half time of a meaningless game and it's another thing to keep throwing with your starters when you're up by 35.

Still a philosophical similarity. Placing an onus on the SB and not bragging rights seems only sensible to me. So many of Peyton's records have been destroyed by Brady whom was breaking these records in situations where Manning would sit.

dude its not about records..he's not going for records...its midway 3rd qtr and you play..you stay sharp because there's another game and its the playoffs. You don't play scared.

Yep. But I seriously doubt that Caldwell had the last word on that. I believe all he had to say about that was "Yes boss".

Honestly, how would you feel if Brady got his knee cracked trying for a TD record?

I would feel terrible...but if it were up to me, and obviously it is not, I still want him to go for the record. Opportunities to break a record, any record, in professional sports are far and few in between so in my humble opinion, you go for it when you have the chance.

dude its not about records..he's not going for records...its midway 3rd qtr and you play..you stay sharp because there's another game and its the playoffs. You don't play scared.

You don't play injured either. They might want to think about what that means.

Did you read the post I replied to? He tried to compare pulling our starters to this game.

I would feel terrible...but if it were up to me, and obviously it is not, I still want him to go for the record. Opportunities to break a record, any record, in professional sports are far and few in between so in my humble opinion, you go for it when you have the chance.

So risk the entire franchises chance at a SB for an individual stat record? Sounds smart. But then again, brave and smart are two different things.

You don't play injured either. They might want to think about what that means.

oh its an automatic injury? You don't play football scared of injuries. BB doesn't care about records. If I'm coach with my tactical knowledge I care about keeping my team sharp,confident, and down right nasty. At least to some part of 4th qtr:)

I like broken records...probably the reason I often sound like one.

So risk the entire franchises chance at a SB for an individual stat record? Sounds smart. But then again, brave and smart are two different things.

This is the last post I am allowed to make. I am still a restricted newbie.

I understand what you saying and would probably agree with you if it weren't for the fact that Brady has a legitimate chance to be the greatest QB in the history of NFL. When it comes to determining the greatest in the NFL, stats and records matter so if it were up to me, I would go for it. I think BB will do so as well.

Its NOT about the stats. Seriously.

Another 15 minutes of play isn't going to do anything but risk death to their SB chances. Seriously.

I'd say a 5 TD lead strongly indicates that they are "sharp" enough.

However, they didn't try to throw for a TD there and now they're kicking.....so....maybe I'm just a bitter, jealous creep thats hatin on the Pats?

I hate it when I'm wrong. Why do I suck?

I hate you JJ......lol

Do you like broken records if they come at the cost of Peyton breaking his leg?

I just noticed I am allowed to make another post. To answer your question, yes! As I am a Patriots fan :ashamed:

In all seriousness, I NEVER want a player to be injured, especially a class act and an immortal like Peyton Manning.