Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why do most of you want to see Peyton get another ring?

Tsarquise

On 2/1/2016 at 7:32 PM, Fx Stryker said:

What are they saying that is false though? Truth hurts sometimes.

What isn't true is the belief that the Colts organization is incompetent and that they failed to build a good team around him thus believing that Manning would have won multiple Super Bowls if he was on another team.  

This idea is displayed in this comment by a Broncos fan below.

"Yep, but happy for Manning to win his first.. Manning should have asked for a trade, he easily could have won multiple in his prime if it weren't for the Colts... "

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

Don't feel bad, I didn't root for Unitas when he was on the Chargers, nor did I buy an Ed Reed Texans jersey. That being said, as Manning never played for the Ravens, I would like to see him go out on top, although I dislike Elway also. 

Thank You Crow

I thought about Johnny U  although not a Colts fan back in the day I believe you older fans can appreciate whether in Baltimore or Indy some Colts fans prefer there Legends in Blue wearin the horse Shoe .

I 'm very well aware of Colts history & Elway was a punk IMO  was'nt the man Peyton Manning proved to be starting in 1998 after a great career as a Colt our legend 18 ends up in Denver something no Colts fan ever wanted, to lose our QB & Even worse to Elway .

I'm a selfish Colts fans Peyton Manning came in & made history that something all Colts fans can be proud of & I don't like sharing with the Broncos while I wish  18 good luck I also hope he loses & he comes back to Indy soon to retire as a Colt with no Orange baggage to confuse were & what colors he wears when he retires .

I liked Eric Dickerson & I loved the big game he had against Denver when he was a Colt & I could be wrong but I think he retired a Colt & to me thats just wrong on several levels .

I have great Peyton Manning memories my fav was him with the Lombardi in a Colts uniform & thats the way I like it , Orange is ugly & Elway is not worthy .

14 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

What isn't true is the belief that the Colts organization is incompetent and that they failed to build a good team around him thus believing that Manning would have won multiple Super Bowls if he was on another team.  

"Yep, but happy for Manning to win his first.. Manning should have asked for a trade, he easily could have won multiple in his prime if it weren't for the Colts... "

The Colts Organization SQUANDERED The Manning years & YES incompetence did exist .

The Tampa 2 defense was a joke Tony Dungy was hired to fix the defense while he was by all accounts a good coach he did'nt accomplish what he was hired to do  the Lombardi gives him a pass but what could of been had he actually done his job .

The league worst regular season defense in 2006 won a SB & they played great in that playoff run it was remarkable & the only time it happened while Dungy was here .

Keep in mind Tom Moore & the offense did'nt need help they were already in place .

Now here we are again its Deja Vu ,

The Colts Organization have Andrew Luck hes like the bionic man bigger stronger able to leap small buildings will we squander him as well & then cut him so some other team can give him the weapons he needs to be successful ?

Are we gonna let Elway & the Broncos have 12 too ?

Drafting 18 was a no brainer drafting 12 was a no brainer as well with the Colts recent history in regards to our QB's they have been great 18 & 12 but without the Defense & protection & lack of a running game means your not serious about WINNING IT ALL  that was & is obvious for this Colts fan & should be a no brainer for anyone serious about winning in the playoffs .

Like Dungy we expect an improved defense by Chuck Pagano like Dungy the progress has been lack luster .

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 1:01 PM, NFLfan said:

How can a Colts fan not root for a guy who says the following upon his departure from the team:

"This town and this team mean so much to me. It truly has been an honor to play in Indianapolis. I do love it here. I love the fans. And I will always enjoy having played for such a great team," he said. "I will leave the Colts with nothing but good thoughts and gratitude."

"Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart," he said. "I truly have enjoyed being your quarterback."

"I'll always be a Colt, that will never change," he said.

It is hard not to root for someone so classy!

I've said this before in this forum...I remember sitting in a parking lot before a sales call, listening to this on the radio. I had to take a few minutes to compose myself before going inside. I love Peyton. IMO, Peyton Manning is not only one of the best to ever play the game, but an all-around great human being, gentleman, philanthropist...just a good guy.  

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=peyton+manning+i+loved+being+your+quarterback&view=detail&mid=F1D5A1928BEA861DB0EDF1D5A1928BEA861DB0ED&FORM=VIRE1

5 minutes ago, 18Manning said:

I've said this before in this forum...I remember sitting in a parking lot before a sales call, listening to this on the radio. I had to take a few minutes to compose myself before going inside. I love Peyton. IMO, Peyton Manning is not only one of the best to ever play the game, but an all-around great human being, gentleman, philanthropist...just a good guy.  

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=peyton+manning+i+loved+being+your+quarterback&view=detail&mid=F1D5A1928BEA861DB0EDF1D5A1928BEA861DB0ED&FORM=VIRE1

That's why I cant understand how anyone can say he would ever dis our organization and not come back here for the Ring of Honor. I have no doubt he will come back for that, even Faulk did. What NFL Posted sums up how he feels.

2 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Only 1 team can win the SB each season and we did at least win 1 where other great franchises haven't like the Bills of the 90's, Eagles and Chargers in general throughout their history, and the Vikings throughout their history. Dolphins didn't even get 1 with Marino. What should be noted the Colts lost to the eventual SB winner 4 times in the Playoffs during the Peyton era from 2003-2009 being the 2003 and 2004 Patriots, 2005 Steelers, and the 2009 Saints who beat us.

5 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

So you think that under Manning we were only good enough for one championship?

17 minutes ago, Fx Stryker said:

So you think that under Manning we were only good enough for one championship?

That's a loaded question... But I'll answer.

No, we were good enough for multiple championships. Luck has a big impact upon who wins the Super Bowl. Manning also under performed in some games too. Luck is the reason why the Broncos are in the Super Bowl now; The Broncos didn't dominate. If Gostowski or Touscant don't screw up, the Broncos might be at home.

The point is that the Colts surrounded Manning with talent all around him; his time during the Broncos isn't the only period when Manning had good teams. With the exception of this year, the surrounding Broncos teams have been over rated; and at best have matched what the Colts surrounded Manning with. At least the Colts didn't get blown out in any Super Bowl like the Broncos did against the Seahawks. People forget how dominating the Bears were that year the Colts beat them in the Super Bowl.

So, like I have said before, if the Broncos win the Super Bowl, we might hear how the Broncos did Manning right by surrounding him with a good team while the Colts were inept and failed Manning; I for one, do not want to hear that and that is why I want Carolina to win.

12 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

No, we were good enough for multiple championships. Luck has a big impact upon who wins the Super Bowl. Manning also under performed in some games too. Luck is the reason why the Broncos are in the Super Bowl now; The Broncos didn't dominate. If Gostowski or Touscant don't screw up, the Broncos might be at home.

The point is that the Colts surrounded Manning with talent all around him; his time during the Broncos isn't the only period when Manning had good teams. With the exception of this year, the surrounding Broncos teams have been over rated; and at best have matched what the Colts surrounded Manning with. At least the Colts didn't get blown out in any Super Bowl like the Broncos did against the Seahawks. People forget how dominating the Bears were that year the Colts beat them in the Super Bowl.

So, like I have said before, if the Broncos win the Super Bowl, we might hear how the Broncos did Manning right by surrounding him with a good team while the Colts were inept and failed Manning; I for one, do not want to hear that and that is why I want Carolina to win.

I'm pickin up what your puttin down   there was talented players maybe not enough on defense but talented no less its alway been my opinion that the lack of talent was all the coachs not named Tom Moore or Roger Mudd ..

You do make a good point there was talent I'll give you that unfortunately it really only surfaced for 1 Lombardi when the leagues worst defense finally showed up to take some weight off the shoulders of Peyton Manning & the offense who's coachs earned there keep, while the other side allowed teams to just march down the field with the bend but don't break defense .

Colts Management failed period  hopefully they have learned a lesson & don't do the same with Andrew Luck ..

14 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

It wasn't a matter of surrounding him with "more talent" per say. It's just that the talent and great coaching happen to be on the side of the ball that usually correlates into winning championships.

Were those Colts teams good enough to win more than one title? Sure. But Manning winning another one in a different uniform won't deter what he did in Indy, it'll just speak to his greatness as a player.

On February 2, 2016 at 3:48 PM, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Thank You Crow

I thought about Johnny U  although not a Colts fan back in the day I believe you older fans can appreciate whether in Baltimore or Indy some Colts fans prefer there Legends in Blue wearin the horse Shoe .

I 'm very well aware of Colts history & Elway was a punk IMO  was'nt the man Peyton Manning proved to be starting in 1998 after a great career as a Colt our legend 18 ends up in Denver something no Colts fan ever wanted, to lose our QB & Even worse to Elway .

I'm a selfish Colts fans Peyton Manning came in & made history that something all Colts fans can be proud of & I don't like sharing with the Broncos while I wish  18 good luck I also hope he loses & he comes back to Indy soon to retire as a Colt with no Orange baggage to confuse were & what colors he wears when he retires .

I liked Eric Dickerson & I loved the big game he had against Denver when he was a Colt & I could be wrong but I think he retired a Colt & to me thats just wrong on several levels .

I have great Peyton Manning memories my fav was him with the Lombardi in a Colts uniform & thats the way I like it , Orange is ugly & Elway is not worthy .

I definitely get what you are saying. I remember when Orioles Mike Mussina went to the Yankees. I didn't want him to win there , and he didn't. The other bad thing is if he does go in the baseball HOF, and he wears a Yankees hat in, he's a bum for me forever. If he gets in and goes in as an Oriole , I can forgive the Yankees indiscretion. If Manning played for the Ravens, I would definitely have mixed feeling. A great guy, but who likes Denver and Elway ? No Colts fan from any era should ever like Elway. 

On February 3, 2016 at 8:48 PM, Tsarquise said:

I respect the bravery it took to right this answer Tsq which took guts. I just have 1 question for you though: You want the Panthers to win as opposed to the Broncos? Why to prove what a solid HC & GM can do in Carolina when they surround a QB with weapons & a fast defense that flies to the football? 

I'm not mocking you just asking you for confirmation that's all. So basically, what you're saying is Carolina deserves to win the SB because they built a better offensive line & defensive line than most teams in the league did this year & it will compel other front offices to duplicate the exact same formula & eventually win a Championship? I just wanna make sure that I understand your perspective completely. 

If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me. Thank you. 

On January 29, 2016 at 1:20 AM, Superman said:

Because I like him.

Very basic, straight to the point and self explanatory....but yet, the perfect answer.

Listen Superman, I like a person who cuts straight to the chase, you're hired.  Feel free to let me know when you want to start.  The city could use someone like you.  Ever since Jimmy "Small Toes" Smalls went missing we've been looking for someone like you as his replacement.  Just don't disappoint me, that's my number one rule.

On 2/2/2016 at 1:08 PM, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

The Colts Organization SQUANDERED The Manning years & YES incompetence did exist .

The Tampa 2 defense was a joke Tony Dungy was hired to fix the defense while he was by all accounts a good coach he did'nt accomplish what he was hired to do  the Lombardi gives him a pass but what could of been had he actually done his job .

The league worst regular season defense in 2006 won a SB & they played great in that playoff run it was remarkable & the only time it happened while Dungy was here .

Keep in mind Tom Moore & the offense did'nt need help they were already in place .

The Colts Organization have Andrew Luck hes like the bionic man bigger stronger able to leap small buildings will we squander him as well & then cut him so some other team can give him the weapons he needs to be successful ?

Drafting 18 was a no brainer drafting 12 was a no brainer as well with the Colts recent history in regards to our QB's they have been great 18 & 12 but without the Defense & protection & lack of a running game means your not serious about WINNING IT ALL  that was & is obvious for this Colts fan & should be a no brainer for anyone serious about winning in the playoffs .

Like Dungy we expect an improved defense by Chuck Pagano like Dungy the progress has been lack luster .

You took the words right out of my mouth! Andrew got hurt trying to win the game.. by himself.  having to throw 40 passes a game is not the blue print, the fact that this organization has not figured that out is amazing. 

9 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I respect the bravery it took to right this answer Tsq which took guts. I just have 1 question for you though: You want the Panthers to win as opposed to the Broncos? Why to prove what a solid HC & GM can do in Carolina when they surround a QB with weapons & a fast defense that flies to the football? 

I'm not mocking you just asking you for confirmation that's all. So basically, what you're saying is Carolina deserves to win the SB because they built a better offensive line & defensive line than most teams in the league did this year & it will compel other front offices to duplicate the exact same formula & eventually win a Championship? I just wanna make sure that I understand your perspective completely. 

If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me. Thank you. 

I have stated this in a bunch of posts, but I want the Panthers to win because I want Manning remembered more as a Colt and I don't want the narrative that the Broncos put a team around Manning while the Colts didn't.

On 2/2/2016 at 3:25 PM, Tsarquise said:

comments like that by broncos fan are almost enough for me to not root for them in the SB

Then I have to remember it's not all fans that post like that.

Ignore them

9 minutes ago, Nadine said:

comments like that by broncos fan are almost enough for me to not root for them in the SB

Then I have to remember it's not all fans that post like that.

Ignore them

Well you're so much better than me; i can't!

But, whether they win or not, or regardless of what narrative begins to form, I take solace in the fact that the Colts, during the Manning era, owned the Bronco, and that they still own them in the Luck era!

And here's to some more Broncos ownage!

2 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Well you're so much better than me; i can't!

But, whether they win or not, or regardless of what narrative begins to form, I take solace in the fact that the Colts, during the Manning era, owned the Bronco, and that they still own them in the Luck era!

And here's to some more Broncos ownage!

I hear you.  I've been put off by some comments made by some management and some fans. 

But, my husbands best friend is a broncos fan and they have a lot of fun with back and forth and bets and what not.  I think most broncos fans are just passionate about their team.  No need for trashtalk

Most of us fans get along with each other just fine.  I wonder if in real life (not hiding behind an anonymous internet personna) how many people really say these things to each other.

Just now, Nadine said:

I hear you.  I've been put off by some comments made by some management and some fans. 

But, my husbands best friend is a broncos fan and they have a lot of fun with back and forth and bets and what not.  I think most broncos fans are just passionate about their team.  No need for trashtalk

Most of us fans get along with each other just fine.  I wonder if in real life (not hiding behind an anonymous internet personna) how many people really say these things to each other.

Probably not many; people, in real life, are a lot more cordial.

That's why the internet is so interesting; you get to see what's really going on people's minds. 

11 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Probably not many; people, in real life, are a lot more cordial.

That's why the internet is so interesting; you get to see what's really going on people's minds. 

This always puzzles me.

With me..... what you see is what you get.  I'm the same with my comments in real life as I am on the forum.   I guess that's not always the case with some people. :scratch:

49 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

This always puzzles me.

With me..... what you see is what you get.  I'm the same with my comments in real life as I am on the forum.   I guess that's not always the case with some people. :scratch:

Forums a little bit different; especially if you're a regular poster and have a sens of community. Comments from people on things such as articles and youtube videos, or first time posters are different. 

This thread is awesome...

So awesome that I quit reading after the first page...

I can't seem to wrap my head around the logic that any Colts fan, especially any that actually live in the Indy area would have any negative feelings, or have the ability to root against Peyton in a SB appearance, (especially one where he defeated Bill & Tom en route)...

Truly baffling... 

Indy, especially downtown, is a different place pre-post Manning, simply put...

On Tuesday, February 02, 2016 at 3:08 PM, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

What do you think could have been done?  The previous years teams were better on D than the team that won a SB.  but lost games in the waning minutes and seconds on defense.  What players were available to get that could have secured a championship.  There are so many factors that you are ignoring. Back up you're statements with some solid evidence, cause all you're proving is your ignorance. 

42 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

I can't seem to wrap my head around the logic that any Colts fan, especially any that actually live in the Indy area would have any negative feelings, or have the ability to root against Peyton in a SB appearance, (especially one where he defeated Bill & Tom en route)...

Truly baffling... 

The Broncos don't consist of 53 Peyton Mannings and the GM and owner are't two Peyton Mannings.

He already has a Ring.... Stupid QB stat... 

2 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Truly baffling... 

The people that are rooting against Peyton don't live in Indianapolis is my guess, well at least for the most part. Not really sure but I bet people like Ts and Jules for example don't live in Indiananpolis, I could be wrong but by the way they Post it seems like it. I would honestly say 99% of people are rooting for Peyton that were born here and live here now like me. I wouldn't let it bother you that a few Colts fans are rooting against him, it did me at first but it is what it is. Everyone has their reasons why. Living in the Indianapolis area is even much different than just living Indiana, you can live in Indiana and still be 2 or 3 hours away from LOS being way North or South. Typically people that live way North in Indiana are Bears fans.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The people that are rooting against Peyton don't live in Indianapolis is my guess, well at least for the most part. Not really sure but I bet people like Ts and Jules for example don't live in Indiananpolis, I could be wrong but by the way they Post it seems like it. I would honestly say 99% of people are rooting for Peyton that were born here and live here now like me. I wouldn't let it bother you that a few Colts fans are rooting against him, it did me at first but it is what it is. Everyone has their reasons why. Living in the Indianapolis area is even much different than just living Indiana, you can live in Indiana and still be 2 or 3 hours away from LOS being way North or South. Typically people that live way North in Indiana are Bears fans.

Born and raised, and current resident of Indianapolis. I grew up in Pike Township on the North West side.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bears fan but they come after my Colts . Terre Haute

7 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Born and raised, and current resident of Indianapolis. I grew up in Pike Township on the North West side.

See I was wrong haha Typically people from the Indianapolis area are rooting for Peyton are the vibes I am getting around here. Like I said in my Post it doesn't bother me that you want him to lose. I get your reasons and know you cant stand Elway.

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Personally dont get it < grew up in Brooklyn, moved north of detrot , stayed a colt fan since Unitas came in for a hurt QB drafted high& probably before that, just tghat Unitaas sticks out as starting point

If u r a colt fan to me u loved watching Peyton & relished in all he did, how can u dismiss that now no matter where u live unless he was playing the Colts

I fully understand not Liking Elway, i was taking a bath when heard he wouldn't let colts draft him and shocked so much i opened mouth in WHAT did i just here double take and water came rushing into my mouth , started coughing etc etc so yeah Remember the Elway craap 

but this game is for Peyton so win baby just win

4 minutes ago, bayone said:

Personally dont get it < grew up in Brooklyn, moved north of detrot , stayed a colt fan since Unitas came in for a hurt QB drafted high& probably before that, just tghat Unitaas sticks out as starting point

If u r a colt fan to me u loved watching Peyton & relished in all he did, how can u dismiss that now no matter where u live unless he was playing the Colts

I fully understand not Liking Elway, i was taking a bath when heard he wouldn't let colts draft him and shocked so much i opened mouth in WHAT did i just here double take and water came rushing into my mouth , started coughing etc etc so yeah Remember the Elway craap 

With you on that , by the way loved the Colts back in that day as well as when Burt Jones was there. Some of these folks missed out on some great football.

3 minutes ago, bayone said:

The game is for the Denver Broncos. 

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

With you on that , by the way loved the Colts back in that day as well as when Burt Jones was there. Some of these folks missed out on some great football.

Peyton could use his arm strength , he had some stellar seasons

9 minutes ago, bayone said:

Peyton was to Indianapolis as Michael Jordan was to Chicago IMO. Put both of their cities on the map regarding their sports. Both also won 5 League MVP's how similar, Peyton doesn't have the Championships that Michael has but he still got 1. The only 1 we have in pro sports history here unless you count the ABA, most people don't count the ABA. Not even Reggie Miller could win us 1 and I love Reggie. Eventhough I am a diehard Colts fan, have been since 1984, to me Peyton meant so much to our team and city that I will root for him no matter what unless he plays the Colts. Not only that his teams have kept the Patriots out of the SB twice while in Denver, that alone is worth rooting for him.

Don't know why this is acting up , but anyway he must rely on his mind in this game . No mistakes he wins IMO

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Peyton was to Indianapolis as Michael Jordan was to Chicago IMO. Put both of their cities on the map regarding their sports. Both also won 5 League MVP's how similar, Peyton doesn't have the Championships that Michael has but he still got 1. The only 1 we have in pro sports history here unless you count the ABA, most people don't count the ABA. Not even Reggie Miller could win us 1 and I love Reggie. Eventhough I am a diehard Colts fan, have been since 1984, to me Peyton meant so much to our team and city that I will root for him no matter what unless he plays the Colts. Not only that his teams have kept the Patriots out of the SB twice while in Denver, that alone is worth rooting for him.

I count the ABA as remember going to Nassau , Long Island Colosseum for 

1. Many a great Concert.

2. 2nd fight between  George Foreman  & Frazier & he corners him and wow just wow what a knockout punch, No Brains like Ali to win , Just like Peyton the smartest QB

3, Think was still ABA when Denver Nuggets were destroing the NY Nets in early 4th quarter plaoffs anf Dr. J , Julius Erving went absolutlly nuts taking over the game and nets won, the 2 fans in front of me were from Denver too

anyway , have to go, all have a great night

Barry