Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jake Query Tweets: Caldwell Will Stay As Colts Hc

MTC

Jay Gruden is the OC for the Bengals and is the brother of John Gruden(the one at ESPN). Zimmer hasn't been hired yet and Fewell would gladly take a head coaching posistion over a coordinators job anyday. The point is, there are plenty of head coaching candidates available to be had if the colts would just do the right thing and fire Caldwell. We don't necessarily have to have a big name coach, just one that has an idea of what he is doing, clearly something that Caldwell does not.

Sorry, I always keep mixing up the two Grudens. :(

I wouldn't keep Caldwell anyway, but I just would like to see suitable candidates, who would come ti Indy.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone here just needs to calm down. It's January! What a lot of you don't realize is that there is still a lot of administrative/business decisions and season evaluation work that needs to take place in the next month or so. Players must be evaluated, IR players must be reviewed on their returnability. Why on earth would you pull a new guy into a room with some game film and expect him to know more than the coaching staff that has been in the games, practices, and one-on-one coaching sessions with the players? The smart thing to do is to let all the coaching staff do this work thinking that their jobs depend on it then fire them after it's all done. It's ruthless but it is the best thing to do.

I for one was in Caldwell's camp for a long time but even with Painter and Orlovsky as your backups you should win at lest 5-6 games. I mean our defense wasn't that bad in at least 3 or 4 games that we lost. But even that couldn't be done. I hope that the established HC's of this league are all left sitting by the phone because I think our GM should be looking for great HC's in waiting. There are many great coordinators both offense denfense that are primed to become future HC's in this league.

I do not want to keep caldwell !!

BUT..

assuming Manning is back ... what do we do for a coach if he is Offensive minded? Would they come in and change the offense that Peyton runs? Would they be ok with letting Peyton run the offense as he has done for years?

I'm all for a new HC .. Defensive minded..

I do not want to keep caldwell !!

BUT..

assuming Manning is back ... what do we do for a coach if he is Offensive minded? Would they come in and change the offense that Peyton runs? Would they be ok with letting Peyton run the offense as he has done for years?

I'm all for a new HC .. Defensive minded..

Mike Zimmer would be perfect IMO! Just need to hurry up and get him before the Dolphins snag him...

John Gruden, Brian Billick, Steve Mariucci, Bill Cowher, Herm Edwards, Jay Gruden, Perry Fewell, MIke Zimmer, Rob Ryan, Steve Spagnuolo, Mike Sherman, Les Miles, Chuck Pagano, Clarence Shelmon, Tony Dungy!! ... to name a few.

Some have questionable records, but I would take any of them over JC...

You like those names it doesn't mean the Colts do. Also Tony Dungy isn't on the market. He's in broadcasting and has said more than once he's happy there and doesn't want to come back into coaching.

We shall see like keeps being said it's a rumor that the Colts are going to keep Caldwell. If they do it COULD, key word could, because they don't like the other options out there. Just because someone is a "hot" name with the fans doesn't mean that person is a hot name with Irsay or the new GM. With that said if the Colts do make a change the Colts could do a lot worse than hiring several of the names you listed.

You like those names it doesn't mean the Colts do. Also Tony Dungy isn't on the market. He's in broadcasting and has said more than once he's happy there and doesn't want to come back into coaching.

We shall see like keeps being said it's a rumor that the Colts are going to keep Caldwell. If they do it COULD, key word could, because they don't like the other options out there. Just because someone is a "hot" name with the fans doesn't mean that person is a hot name with Irsay or the new GM. With that said if the Colts do make a change the Colts could do a lot worse than hiring several of the names you listed.

This (Caldwell doesn't really bother much as long as a "STRONG DC" is hired.

well since irsay hasn't refuted this tweet like he did shefter's i tend to think the rumor is true

I agree... it would be totally "horrible" business to let a coach twist in the wind like this if he was not comeing back.

And I will say this. Indy did not quit on JC... and there is a lot to be said for that .... It is hard to get teams to play wiith pride. ..esp when they are losong teams.

This (Caldwell doesn't really bother much as long as a "STRONG DC" is hired.

I feel you on that one. I know I keep saying this but I think we need one who has former HC experience and let Caldwell stick to offense which is where his back ground is and let the DC pretty much have total control of the defense if Caldwell stays

I agree... it would be totally "horrible" business to let a coach twist in the wind like this if he was not comeing back.

And I will say this. Indy did not quit on JC... and there is a lot to be said for that .... It is hard to get teams to play wiith pride. ..esp when they are losong teams.

Right on..Dee..

Tampa quit...Indy didnt..

Irsay controlled this move; another dump year on the horizon-this is just Pathetic-Let's keep Cover 2, smurf size d players, NEW ERA, my backside. OLD ERA here to stay- Hiring a new GM was just for to lull into a false sense of optimism. On the other hand, didn't same reporter weeks ago indicate Caldwell was going to be part of Black Monday.

You have hit this on the head. What were we thinking? The Colts were going to improve and get better organization wise? Ok the new GM really knows talent. Where are the coaches to take advantage of this new talent well. The same outstanding bunch from last year! Now if Caldwell and any of his hand picked coaches have a job here come April, then we will all know what we have in a new GM.

well since irsay hasn't refuted this tweet like he did shefter's i tend to think the rumor is true

I am not sure Irsay follows Query. If you look he tweeted something later that weekend naming I think the media guys he pays attention and none of them were Jake Query.

With that said it could very well be true.

Bob Kravitz and Jake Query were batleing on Twitter about Jake's tweet...

For details, check this article StampedeBlue:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/1/16/2710782/conflicting-reports-emerge-regarding-the-colts-and-jim-caldwell#storyjump

I would highlight Kravitz's 2 tweet:

Re: Colts/Caldwell. If you're in a bad marriage, you don't wait for somebody better to come along to get out of the marriage. #loveyahoney

and

Irsay has also gone public with unhappiness with Caldwell's time management and Q about coaching hires. So I don't see the lure.

StampedeBlue also expects Jim Caldwell to be fired.

IMO Jake Query tweeted only an unconfirmed rumour.

This makes no sense to me clearly Caldwell can not coach, if he didnt want to show loyalty to Polian who had been a good GM why show any to a guy who shouldn't even be coach in the NFL? Thanks Jim! NOT!

I have little doubt if/when he is fired from Indy he will not ever coach in the NFL again, least not as a head coach.

Phil Wilson also is hearing Caldwell stays.

@pwilson24 Big Phil, Woodman here. Caldwell returning a done deal? New DC? What's the word?

13 hours ago

@pwilson24Phillip B Wilson

@prettymansc I'm hearing he's staying. Don't know about D.C.

Kavanaugh

@

@pwilson24 so Caldwell stays?

1 hour ago

wilson24 Phillip B Wilson

@

@jkav08 Don't know for sure. But that's the rumor.

1 hour ago

I see Caldwell staying. Maybe there's something there that we don't see. To me, I see Peyton giving Caldwell the "what are you doing?" looks. I see Caldwell standing there on the sidelines with blank looks on his face. He doesn't seem to inspire the players.

I suppose Irsay and Grigson see qualities in Caldwell that we don't understand. Caldwell seems like a heck of a guy but I have doubts about his coaching abilities. Maybe he would be better suited as a coordinator.

I see Caldwell staying. Maybe there's something there that we don't see. To me, I see Peyton giving Caldwell the "what are you doing?" looks. I see Caldwell standing there on the sidelines with blank looks on his face. He doesn't seem to inspire the players.

I suppose Irsay and Grigson see qualities in Caldwell that we don't understand. Caldwell seems like a heck of a guy but I have doubts about his coaching abilities. Maybe he would be better suited as a coordinator.

To me, the things that he struggles with as a head coach are the very things that he would struggle with as a coordinator. Ironically, I think he needs the experience as a coordinator to be a better head coach, but I don't think he's qualified to be a coordinator to begin with.

If Caldwell stay it's a good decision. He knows the players and our system. It would take about 2 years to get a new system into place. Now if Caldwell shows he can coach and adjust then he'll stay longer.

i dont know. didnt take harbaugh 2 years to implement his system. i think there is alot of factors that go into it. im just ready for a change. im not sure that its gonna be the end of the world if caldwell is retained... i just think we need some new blood in there. someone with alot of passion and fire. but if i am to really be honest about the situation, i really cant make an absolute fair decision about caldwell unless i see what he could do next year, after all the changes. (although that goes against what i want and what i think is best 4 the team) thats my 2 cents

Hope Irsay decision to keep Caldwell not based on one's ethnical background to put it so gently. If Mora had a 13 game losing streak, you bet he would have been fired during the season and remained under evaluation for weeks on end? i mean lets' get real here 2 and 14, 13 game losing streak, no sense of game adjustments and so on.

Hope Irsay decision to keep Caldwell not based on one's ethnical background to put it so gently. If Mora had a 13 game losing streak, you bet he would have been fired during the season and remained under evaluation for weeks on end? i mean lets' get real here 2 and 14, 13 game losing streak, no sense of game adjustments and so on.

Mora was going to keep his job till he refused to fire his DC. I think the fact that Jim Caldwell is black has NOTHING to do with his job status.

Oddly enough, Mora's DC is in the playoffs right now, getting ready for Little Manning.

That is odd, even if only because I hadn't heard his name in a few years.

Many people DO learn/change over the years, or finally get the personnel to fit what they believe, don't know which applies here.

Having brought that up, does anyone recall under what circumstances Jimmy Johnson left the Colts?

Jimmy Johnson the former Eagles DC, not the Cowboys/Dolphins HC that is.