Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jake Query Tweets: Caldwell Will Stay As Colts Hc

MTC

@JakeQuery via Twitter

#JimCaldwell will be retained as Head Coach of the #Indianapolis #Colts. Official announcement to come within 4 days.

This guy has been half right/half wrong most of the time. If it is true, its a really sad time for Colts fans.. :(

https://twitter.com/#!/jakequery/status/158302112231604225

Edited by Maureen
added link to tweet

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Irsay controlled this move; another dump year on the horizon-this is just Pathetic-Let's keep Cover 2, smurf size d players, NEW ERA, my backside. OLD ERA here to stay- Hiring a new GM was just for to lull into a false sense of optimism. On the other hand, didn't same reporter weeks ago indicate Caldwell was going to be part of Black Monday.

Irsay controlled this move; another dump year on the horizon-this is just Pathetic-Let's keep Cover 2, smurf size d players, NEW ERA, my backside. OLD ERA here to stay- Hiring a new GM was just for to lull into a false sense of optimism. On the other hand, didn't same reporter weeks ago indicate Caldwell was going to be part of Black Monday.

You can get off the ledge.

It's not official.

Ok, when official there will be a LONG, LONG line on that ledge, Irsay will just set the team back keeping that wet noodle. Is Irsay afraid to can Caldwell due to worrying about Dungy backlash as he and Caldwell are BFF's. Maybe Polian wa sfired for wnating to get rid of Caldwell? Who knows anymore.

It is ridiculous that we keep Caldwell, Caldwell has horrible game management skills, completely gets out coached in every game, has no strategy and refuses to make adjustments at half time.

More importantly Caldwell was a QB coach, what exactly did he coach to Painter, because Painter did not grasp anything in the time he was in indy. Caldwell should have recognized Painter couldn't be manning and adapted the offense to him but he had no idea how to maximize his potential.

We need a new coach, though sadly I believe that he might stay as Irsay would have fired him with polians.

Ok, when official there will be a LONG, LONG line on that ledge, Irsay will just set the team back keeping that wet noodle. Is Irsay afraid to can Caldwell due to worrying about Dungy backlash as he and Caldwell are BFF's. Maybe Polian wa sfired for wnating to get rid of Caldwell? Who knows anymore.

I'm sure it's a communist plot to tick you off.

Chin up, at least Sean Payton isn't our coach.

Did you see that game today?

How does any coach call 63 pass plays against 10 running plays.

What coach doesn't see an Alex Smith bootleg.

The only reason he won a SB is by riding on the coat tails of Brees.

That guy's a loser.

Yeah That loser Sean Payton kicked our tails in the Super Bowl the last I checked !! Yeah and Caldwell was riding on th coat tails of Manning. Is Brees better than Manning to you? Saints won that game because there head coach was playing to win with that onside kick, and all Caldwell can do is play to not lose !!

Yeah That loser Sean Payton kicked our tails in the Super Bowl the last I checked !! Yeah and Caldwell was riding on th coat tails of Manning. Is Brees better than Manning to you? Saints won that game because there head coach was playing to win with that onside kick, and all Caldwell can do is play to not lose !!

Payton played not to lose twice today.

Didn't work out too good for him either.

Ok, when official there will be a LONG, LONG line on that ledge, Irsay will just set the team back keeping that wet noodle. Is Irsay afraid to can Caldwell due to worrying about Dungy backlash as he and Caldwell are BFF's.

That makes zero sense.

Sean Payton is a good coach and he just lost because his defense wasn't good enough.

Irsay fired Bill Polian, so he isn't a coward.

Grigson will find us better talent than we've had in last 4-5 years, I bet.

Caldwell isn't the worst coach ever. That belongs to Brad Childress...and he still won because he had lots of talent.

I take Sean Payton anyday over Caldwell, wish the reporter was right first time saying caldwell was out- Keeping him, will send the team to the bottom, U watch Ollie Luck will insists on having his son not come to Indy and ask for a trade because of Mr. Laughs Caldwell.

To me, Jim Irsay should have cleaned house totally when he had a chance to!!! He puts Ryan Grigson in a position to be the guy who let go of Jim Caldwell as opposed to Irsay doing it!!! Since the Polians, in all likelihood were fired for non-football reasons primarily, Jim Irsay does not trust himself to make a football related firing and wants Grigson to do that, if necessary!!! That is my take on it.

Kinda like what Al Davis' son did with Hue Jackson, got Reggie McKenzie to fire him instead of him pulling the plug on Hue Jackson himself.

Painter could not replace him, different teams- Anyway, sean payton would be able to squeeze out more wins if Brees did go down. Your right, it is my opinion as you have yours. Also, Fischer will have more wins with Rams then Caldwell will as everthing will be bland and status quo with running a game. Getting fed up with that Irsay Evalute Caldwell line. Probably working on giving him a life time coaching contract-Has he not been following his coaching games skills since he was the bright bulb who hired him.

Perhaps Irsay realizes you can't do a proper rebuild with one year's worth of top draft picks. With JC he improves the odds that we'll get high picks again next year.... My optimism is turning to concern, an unproven first-time GM and a proven sub-par coach. Doesn't sound like the recipe for a quick return to prominence.

I have to admit Buccolts this is one of the funniest conversation strings I've read in a long time on this forum. How much longer do you think they will continue it?

I don't know.

Denver's getting killed right now, so I'm going to have to come up with some Fox stuff.

Also, I just visited the Saint's site, and they're laying some blame on Payton, but the DC is getting killed.

Oh, and guess what, their defense is old, Dline doesn't get pressure on the QB, etc.

IRSAY YOU COWARD!

ha I love how people are flipping on Irsay after two weeks because he was championed for firing the Polians.

Why don't we see how this plays out? There could be several reasons Irsay doesn't fire Caldwell if he doesn't fire him (remember it is only a rumor at this point.)

1. It could be that the new GM and him took a look at the coaches out there and none really made them that excited.

2. It was pretty clear from his presser that Irsay thinks highly of Jim Caldwell and didn't view him as should have been fired beore the season started like most fans did. I think irsay honestly looked at this time this year and felt the reason we had a losing season had more to do with the talent level on this team than the coaching which is why the GM was fired and Caldwell may not be.

3. It could be we are going to do what the Browns did a couple of years ago keep Caldwell for a year and then unless he has a really good season fire him next year and bring in the coach then. Who knows maybe in a year a guy like Gruden or Cowher is more interested in coming out of the broadcast booth or maybe another coach comes on the market like Dungy did by being fired by his team after next season. A good example could be Andy Reid. Say the Eagles have another down year next year it's a very good chance the Eagles will run him out of town. Maybe the Colts bring him in then. Just a theory I am throwing out there.

4. He might still fire him this a rumor after all.

Painter could not replace him, different teams- Anyway, sean payton would be able to squeeze out more wins if Brees did go down. Your right, it is my opinion as you have yours. Also, Fischer will have more wins with Rams then Caldwell will as everthing will be bland and status quo with running a game. Getting fed up with that Irsay Evalute Caldwell line. Probably working on giving him a life time coaching contract-Has he not been following his coaching games skills since he was the bright bulb who hired him.

Fisher WILL, or you believe he will. Big difference, especially when I'm pondering asking you for lottery numbers.

You're fed up with that Irsay evaluate Caldwell line? I've only heard him say it once, perhaps he's said it again since then, but I don't follow him around, so I couldn't know for sure. In either case, it was only a week ago. How could you be sick of it already, unless he's whispering it in your ear every 5 minutes. That'd annoy me no end, regardless what he was sayin'.

Again, it's not official yet. You really should calm down. But, that's just my opinion.

I BELIEVE THIS RUMOR IS TRUE.

Irsay is just prolonging the inevitable

With Caldwell we will have to suffer through another terrible season, then he will be fired next year.

Then we can draft Tyler Bray as our third sting quarterback with our 1st pick haha