Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shannon Sharpe Destryos Colin Cowherd

Fx Stryker

1 hour ago, BrentMc11 said:

When I was single, I was on ESPN all of the time the time (I know, shoot me :))  Watched Mike and Mike...then I went to Colin Cowherd.  I grew to like how brash he was...not being afraid to say stuff to rattle cages.  Besides If I did not watch him I would have to watch Skip Bayless. :no:

Cowherd made sense on most of the things he said, but he would go off on a tangent with zero knowledge of the teams, statistics.  Very unprepared.

Since he moved to Fox Sports1, I think he is a total *** hat.  His ego has gone to his head.  I will not even turn on the show.  I am glad someone put him in his place  As a talk show host gets more known they tend to let it go to their heads.  Cowherd is the perfect example of this.  

Listen to Mike Francesa in the afternoon on WFAN. Cowherd went to Fox Sports 1 when he decided to leave after a year. Howard Stern in the morning and Mike Francesa in the afternoon is the play.

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

Listen to Mike Francesa in the afternoon on WFAN. Cowherd went to Fox Sports 1 when he decided to leave after a year. Howard Stern in the morning and Mike Francesa in the afternoon is the play.

I am laughing about Howard Stern...What the hell does he know about...er...uh...say the NFL?  :spit:

16 minutes ago, Fx Stryker said:

Sorry, in what way has Brady been better?

Manning has a better completion percentage, better yards per game, better TD percentage, better rating, more head to head playoff wins, more MVPs, more Super Bowl trips, more 1st Pro all-team selections, more offensive player of the weeks.

Brady has a Super Bowl win, and throws less interceptions.

You might want to check their stats the last two years again. I don't know what rock you've been living under, but Peyton's performance has fallen off quite a bit since his record breaking year. In 2013 and before, Peyton was the better QB.

6 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I am laughing about Howard Stern...What the hell does he know about...er...uh...say the NFL?  :spit:

Nothing about sports, he did defend Gostkowski when he was reading the tweets people were sending him and is really adamant lately on if you live in a state you have to be a fan of the local team lol other than that it's just the celebrity interviews and goofing around before afternoon sports talk radio is on.

Great video and great posts.  Love the logic of Shannon Sharpe.  

The sad thing is if this were Peyton and the Colts, we would not have a Shannon Sharpe (ex player) to defend Peyton publicly.  Dungy is the closest we have in the media and he is too understated and classy to really "give" it to Cowherd.  Shannon , oth, ...has never been accused of being understated.   I'm glad someone stuck up for Peyton over the huge East Coast Media Bias we fans have to listen to.

2 hours ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Gronk, Edelman, Talib, REVIS a dynamite offensive line every season and the best coach in NFL history.

The O-line coach the Pats had for the longest time retired a few years ago. (Dante Scarnecchia 2000-2013)  Since his departure they haven't quite been the fortress they've been, but they've still been in the top half of the league. This year they probably would have been good again, but the injuries REALLY caught up with them.

Brady has or had  the best TE in history, the best coach in history, and the best WR in history. (Moss)  I say Moss because unlike Rice he didn't use stickum. Also two players who were born to play the slot (Welker/Edelman) and excel at it probably better than anyone.   That's not even counting his defensive players or great special teams. (IMO Revis is the best corner ever)

No need for stickum when they allow you to wear those gloves.

5 hours ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Gronk, Edelman, Talib, REVIS a dynamite offensive line every season and the best coach in NFL history.

The O-line coach the Pats had for the longest time retired a few years ago. (Dante Scarnecchia 2000-2013)  Since his departure they haven't quite been the fortress they've been, but they've still been in the top half of the league. This year they probably would have been good again, but the injuries REALLY caught up with them.

Brady has or had  the best TE in history, the best coach in history, and the best WR in history. (Moss)  I say Moss because unlike Rice he didn't use stickum. Also two players who were born to play the slot (Welker/Edelman) and excel at it probably better than anyone.   That's not even counting his defensive players or great special teams. (IMO Revis is the best corner ever)

I don't mean to derail the thread.    But Revis the best corner ever?   You must be young.   Revis doesn't crack my top 10 all time

12 hours ago, bababooey said:

Mentioned in another thread but deserves mention here. The narrative was written long ago and people are too lazy to do research and look at it at a granular level

The losses in the playoffs that he gets blamed for

- Non-first round playoff exits - NEx2, NO, SEA

All won the SB, including one team they had to change the rules on for DPI and another was a complete blowout despite PM completing the most SB passes in a single game at the time. Only two QBs in history won a playoff game at NE (Flacco & Sanchez)

9 one and dones - two were not close (NYJ before his prime and Indy last year when everyone said he was done)

- 7 of 9 were by less than one score. call him "not clutch" but....

--Vanderjagt misses a FG against Miami and Pitt = two wins erased (Pitt won the SB)

--Dallas Clark drops third down game sealing pass vs SD, we punt and they score and win

--PM's last game in Indy, scores what should be the winning score, defense gives up entire field in under a minute to Mark Sanchez and they win on a FG (NYJ beats the Pats next week)

--Champ Bailey gets TORCHED in the final minute of the game on a hail mary in PM's first playoff game for Denver (BAL won the SB)

Four different coaches on two different teams (two were fired after reaching SB w him), not one coach who is the greatest of all time. Finally has the defensive pieces minus Freeney/Mathis/Sanders of 06 vs the guy who won on the backs of Bruschi, Seymour, Vrabel, Wilfork, Law, Harrison, and the foot of Adam V. Also whose opponents are still crying foul to this day over who knew the plays that were coming and were subsequently penalized a ton of money and a first round pick.

Gostkowski missing that XP to Peyton is the equivalent to the luck Brady has seen in the tuck rule, Evans catching the winning TD pass then having it knocked out of his hands when he landed, Cundiff shanking a chipshot, and Carroll calling for a throw on the goal line with the best back in football in his backfield. Also the same luck Eli had on the helmet catch. Finally something broke his way in the playoffs and finally he has a complete team that he can manage instead of put the game on his back.

One team went 11-5 without their QB, the other went 2-14.

AFC Championships - "Choker" 3, "Greatest of all time" 1. Hasn't lost to him in 11 years when it counts. Don't even need to look at career and playoff stats which PM owns. Would be funny to see how many more SBs NE wins if PM played for the best coach and a great complete team, and whatever else they did that they got penalized draft picks for.

Even if he doesn't win next Sunday I wouldn't change a single thing.

Win.

I repeat.  Manning is the only QB in history to be in the GOAT conversation without a game changing revolutionary coach at his side. 

The discredit of his achievements have always been laughable.  Manning can literally have 2 minutes left drive down score, have his defense give up an 80 yard TD pass, go down score again, have his defense choke again and then get a tipped ball for an interception and be called a choker.

Then you have Brady who can throw nothing but high balls and interceptions (see his last 2 games against Manning in the playoffs) and be the sole reason why the team is losing but makes one glimpse of life at the end of the game and is called clutch.  It's rediculous

I'll one up everyone in this thread.  Leave Brady with the defense and leave him with the coach.  Just take AV and gostkowski away from him and he most likely has around 30 more losses in his Reg season career 2 less superbowls and 5 or so more one and dones.  He's pathetic and it's even worse that he cheats.  

Take BB away from him when he enters the league? He probably barely makes a practice squad.

20 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Another QB that has a bad rap is Bradshaw. No one want to give him credit for his super bowl rings because of the team he played on. He was a victim of media calling him stupid and dumb and it has followed him his whole career. When some talk about him it's always how great the steel curtain was and he wouldn't have won anything without them. Well Bradshaw does have two super bowl MVPs that were won regardless of the steel curtain. I jus bring this up as an example of what the media says and reality. :)

Terry Bradshaw career stats

212 td 210 ints

52% completion

thats why people say that

51 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't mean to derail the thread.    But Revis the best corner ever?   You must be young.   Revis doesn't crack my top 10 all time

Ever was a stretch. More like this generation.

But yeah, as much of a tool as he is it's definitely Meon Sanders.

2 hours ago, Bubbz said:

Terry Bradshaw career stats

212 td 210 ints

52% completion

thats why people say that

Yep, that comes from an era of time when the QB and the receivers were not protected. But it don't matter anyway, he has four rings just like Montana and Brady doesn't he. He was the first QB to win three super bowls and also the first to win four super bowls. Two time super bowl MVP. One time league MVP. Two times was the leagues passing TD leader. Oh, did I mention he is a hall of famer? He just played in an era where the NFL players did play smash mouth football. Not just his team but every team.

We all know the topic of G.O.A.T will always be subjective. Bart Starr has 5 championships. Dan Marino had none but one could make a case for him being the greatest pure passer that ever played. Johnny Unitas held the record for most consecutive games with a TD, brought football into the limelight with his play against the Giants and was innovative (inventing the two-minute drill and throwing to a spot). Montana shined in pressure situations having 14 TDs and no INTs in the playoffs. 

Peyton took the game to a whole new level, with his ability to see things at the line of scrimmage and make adjustments.. As much as I dislike the Pats, Brady is in the conversation, but by no means is he as clear-cut a choice as some people believe, given the coach he has played for and as Shannon pointed out, the players he has played with.

Now, people are touting Cam as a "new style" of QB that no one has seen before. To me, it is only a matter of time before he gets hurt and his "style" is limited to a more conservative level. Those are big boys playing in the NFL!

Can we really define the QB G.O.A.T. objectively? Only in a room or bar where all the patrons are 49ers, Colts, Steelers, Cowboys or Pats fans. There you might see 100% agreement.

On 1/28/2016 at 1:15 AM, RockThatBlue said:

His ridiculous hatred of Peyton is sad. He also made a ridiculous comment saying Pacers fans were racist a few years back, never listened to him since. He's a total jackwad.

He often uses race baiting tactics to try and stir up the pot. He's just using the ESPN "journalist" blueprint, when the consensus goes right, go left and hope publicity follows.

On 1/29/2016 at 7:01 PM, Surge89 said:

I repeat.  Manning is the only QB in history to be in the GOAT conversation without a game changing revolutionary coach at his side. 

The discredit of his achievements have always been laughable.  Manning can literally have 2 minutes left drive down score, have his defense give up an 80 yard TD pass, go down score again, have his defense choke again and then get a tipped ball for an interception and be called a choker.

Then you have Brady who can throw nothing but high balls and interceptions (see his last 2 games against Manning in the playoffs) and be the sole reason why the team is losing but makes one glimpse of life at the end of the game and is called clutch.  It's rediculous

I'll one up everyone in this thread.  Leave Brady with the defense and leave him with the coach.  Just take AV and gostkowski away from him and he most likely has around 30 more losses in his Reg season career 2 less superbowls and 5 or so more one and dones.  He's pathetic and it's even worse that he cheats.  

Take BB away from him when he enters the league? He probably barely makes a practice squad.

Have to disagree with you there, Some consider Dunguy that type coach thus his Hall of fame nomination?

9 hours ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Have to disagree with you there, Some consider Dunguy that type coach thus his Hall of fame nomination?

He's only being nominated to the hall of fame for being the first African American coach to win a superbowl.  That's it

13 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

He's only being nominated to the hall of fame for being the first African American coach to win a superbowl.  That's it

I guess you have no clue. Try taking a look at his coaching tree and the coaches who were taught under Dungy. It is real narrow minded of you to bring his race into the picture.

On January 28, 2016 at 3:00 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The way everyone is talking up Cam like he is Superman, I almost feel like It's Drago vs Rocky. Cam being Drago and Peyton being the older Rocky haha The media is all over Carolina's stuff! Denver will win it all and I have said it from day 1 so the media can hype up Cam all they want. Just like I said Denver would beat the Patriots too when everyone on ESPN and the NFL Channel took the Pats. Geez when wont these people learn.

Ah huh. It most certainly does feel like that doesn't it CBE. "I must break you." "The Russian's cut & it's a bad cut." 

I admire your enthusiasm buddy. I truly do. I know what outcome I desire, but I won't verbalize it out loud for the SB because I don't wanna jinx the final conclusion I crave the most. I prefer the silent, but deadly under the radar approach. It's time to show the world what the ole sheriff can do. Enough said. 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Ah huh. It most certainly does feel like that doesn't it CBE. "I must break you." "The Russian's cut & it's a bad cut." 

I admire your enthusiasm buddy. I truly do. I know what outcome I desire, but I won't verbalize it out loud for the SB because I don't wanna jinx the final conclusion I crave the most. I prefer the silent, but deadly under the radar approach. It's time to show the world what the ole sheriff can do. Enough said. 

Yeah I think when the odds are against Peyton that is when he delivers. As the days go on I am feeling better about this game. Everyone in the media thinks Carolina is going to blow Denver out so do most fans. I think it's comical haha 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

As Apollo Creed told Rocky before the 2nd Clubber fight, everyone will owe us (Peyton fans) a big apology when it's over :-)

On 1/29/2016 at 7:01 PM, Surge89 said:

Have to disagree with you there, Some consider Dunguy that type coach thus his Hall of fame nomination? Wow can't believe your that naive! Each to his own I guess!

I don't know how to break this to folks......

But Shannon Sharpe did NOT destroy Colin Cowherd.      It simply didn't happen.

I know the OP thinks he did -- but it didn't happen.

I don't know how many other posters here took the time to watch the video -- but it didn't happen.

It never ceases to amaze me that people on this website completely do not understand the media.   

Oh well.......

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know how to break this to folks......

But Shannon Sharpe did NOT destroy Colin Cowherd.      It simply didn't happen.

I know the OP thinks he did -- but it didn't happen.

I don't know how many other posters here took the time to watch the video -- but it didn't happen.

It never ceases to amaze me that people on this website completely do not understand the media.   

Oh well.......

You say this word "destroy". I don't think you understand what it means...