Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free Agents - Who Stays, Who goes

AmberDerrow

2 hours ago, MTC said:

Re-sign:

Dwayne Allen (The TE draft and free agent class is pretty weak. Need to re-sign both for short deals.)

Coby Fleener ^

Jerrell Freeman (Wouldn't sign him to a long term deal. Maybe 2 or 3 years.)

Adam Vinatieri (I would keep re-signing him until he sucks, which has yet to be seen.)

Colt Anderson (One of our best special teams players and wasn't horrible when he played backup safety).

Let go/walk:

Ahmad Bradshaw (Injury prone. Time to let go)

Matt Hasselbeck (Hasselbeck might be one of my favorite Colts, but he's 41. Not sure he'll be playing.)

Lance Louis (Just not a good guard.)

Dwight Lowery (Just thought he was mediocre. Wouldn't mind re-signing him only if he's not starting.)

Greg Toler (Constantly abused and gets flagged for holding/illegal contact a lot.)

Charlie Whitehurst (Liked what I saw from Lindley and Freeman.)

Billy Winn (Was reported he was late to practice a few times. Don't like his character plus we already have solid depth.)

I could see Allen being willing to take a short term deal with the injury history, but what motivation is there for Fleener to sign a short term deal?

1 hour ago, Jason_S said:

I could see Allen being willing to take a short term deal with the injury history, but what motivation is there for Fleener to sign a short term deal?

For Fleener at only 27 and having just put up 700+ yards and 8 td's last year(2014 I mean)....None. Assuming Luck gets healthy and returns to his 2014 form or similar and Coby likely having re-introduced himself to Luck (Meaning Luck will actually target him more often) then I expect Fleener to have a big season, 700+ yards again I think or close

Here are my thoughts on who the article mentions...

Dwayne Allen - I'm all for re-signing Dwayne Allen for a 1yr or 2yr deal that is heavily incentive based.  I don't know the ins and outs of contracts but if we could get him for 3m guaranteed and a ceiling of 7 or 8 that would be awesome.

Colt Anderson - I'm indifferent on.  Good special teams player but a backup.  If the price is right why not?

Ahmad Bradshaw - It's time to move on.  There isn't a point keeping someone who is good for 3 games.  And from what he showed last year he may not even be "good" for those 3 games. 

Coby Fleener - Let's lock this kid up.  Give him the 4-7 yr deal at 7m per.  Very fair and an opportunity to start solidifying the roster around Luck.

Jerrell Freeman - Let him go.  I'm biased here but he isn't a good LB.  He can't cover that well and he over pursues all day.  Keep DQ (we are already paying him) as he can actually do a part of his job very well (run stop).  No reason to keep Irving and Moore on the bench for this guy. 

Matt Hasselbeck - Sad to say.. let him go.  We just need a younger alternative who isn't an injury risk himself.

Lance Louis - Can't get rid of him quick enough

Dwight Lowery - Keep him.  Unless by some large miracle we take Ramsey with the 18th overall we will not have enough starting caliber safeties on the roster and I don't see Lowery commanding a ton of money in the off season.  

Greg Toler - I'd say this guy's day is done.  We need someone better and I'd be willing to give Smith a chance at the 2 spot than keep this guy another year.

AV - Keep him.  No reason to let him go unless he wants like 5m per yr. 

Clipboard Jesus - He no longer can walk on water nor magically hold a clipboard.  It is time for him to go silently into the night :)

Billy Winn - This guy needs a contract.  I assume he won't ask for high dollar and he has a ton of potential.