Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

very confused on no moves

LUVTHESHOE

for the life of me i can't understand the reason the colts are doing nothing

for this defense.they are getting worse if anything. we are going to continue

to get the ball run down our throats and never get a stop when it matters,the

fans know it people around the league know it so how can the quote unquote best

gm in the game not see it!!!! we are wasting mannings career. this team will continue

to get 1 or 2 possessions a quarter and play from behind. wake up polian, being built

to play 18 weeks is great. but now we are the thrid best in our division, o well no fear

our special teams will carry us. good luck offense.

for the life of me i can't understand the reason the colts are doing nothing

for this defense.they are getting worse if anything. we are going to continue

to get the ball run down our throats and never get a stop when it matters,the

fans know it people around the league know it so how can the quote unquote best

gm in the game not see it!!!! we are wasting mannings career. this team will continue

to get 1 or 2 possessions a quarter and play from behind. wake up polian, being built

to play 18 weeks is great. but now we are the thrid best in our division, o well no fear

our special teams will carry us. good luck offense.

Hey, now here is a fresh topic.

I understand it's the "Polian way," but you have to admit it's kind of depressing to watch other teams making major moves while the Colts are not.

I really don't have to admit that at all. I am not depressed. The Colts have a plan for how they think the team should be constructed and it has worked pretty well so far.

What major moves would you have liked to see the Colts make?

I understand it's the "Polian way," but you have to admit it's kind of depressing to watch other teams making major moves while the Colts are not.

Why is it depressing? The Colts were 10-6 last year with half the team on IR. Those guys are coming back healthy, Polin adds a piece here and there vie draft (left tackle) or free agency (DL) and the Colts will playing in January again.

The teams making all the moves had more holes to fill or they need to spend to match the spending cap teams need to fallow under the new CBA. Why is that so hard to understand.

Why is it depressing? The Colts were 10-6 last year with half the team on IR. Those guys are coming back healthy, Polin adds a piece here and there vie draft (left tackle) or free agency (DL) and the Colts will playing in January again.

The teams making all the moves had more holes to fill or they need to spend to match the spending cap teams need to fallow under the new CBA. Why is that so hard to understand.

do you watch any games or just watch the polian show? this team needs defensive help and no

game changers are coming from the I.R. it is ok to drink the kool-aid just don't drowned in it.

i am a season ticket holder and not trying to be negitive, just real.and yes they will have 1 game

in january.

do you watch any games or just watch the polian show? this team needs defensive help and no

game changers are coming from the I.R. it is ok to drink the kool-aid just don't drowned in it.

i am a season ticket holder and not trying to be negitive, just real.and yes they will have 1 game

in january.

I watch the games and there are a few game changers coming off IR. Defensively we have Bullitt and Powers. And if you don't think Bullitt is a game changer from Francisco then you obviously do not watch the games when you attend. Same with Powers... a crucial tipped pass on 3rd down, covering the receiver so he gets no yards after the catch, those can all change the game significantly. Plus the offensive players coming off IR can help the D a lot. Collie and Clark are both great weapons to have on 3rd down. Before his injury last year Collie had 16 first downs, 12 of them were on 3rd down. Clark has long been a goto on 3rd down for Manning. Do you think if the Colts convert a few more third downs that will help the defense?

Also, why is it that people being negative perceive themselves as being "real" and the people being positive are perceived as being "homers" or (the most stupid phrase in sports) "drinking the kool-aid? When experience has shown with the Colts the people who are positive are more "real" than the people who are negative.

The Colts don't have the money to go get FA players cause the Colts build their team in the draft and spend their money on keeping players. When other teams go out and get FA to perform well, we can sign undrafted rookies, coach'em up, and get good production out them for a couple of years and then we move on to others. Just cause the Colts don't go out and spend on other teams vets doesn't mean we are falling behind. I admit that it sucks watching teams get stacked up with big names, but most of the time they are not worth the money. The Colts are still in control of this division. We have made enough moves to already be better then last season and getting injured players back from last season is a big boost no matter what anyone here believes. The Colts have some of the best scouts in the league and know how to place people for our system. If you can plug and play just about anyone from your roster and practice squad and go down to the last drive with good teams you are a great team. This year the Colts can run away with this division. I am interested to see how well Arian Foster runs without Leach blocking, and how well our Offensive line will improve and if Addai, Brown, and Carter can get some good run blocking we could be looking at a totally different Indy Colts team this year. Go Colts!!!

I watch the games and there are a few game changers coming off IR. Defensively we have Bullitt and Powers. And if you don't think Bullitt is a game changer from Francisco then you obviously do not watch the games when you attend. Same with Powers... a crucial tipped pass on 3rd down, covering the receiver so he gets no yards after the catch, those can all change the game significantly. Plus the offensive players coming off IR can help the D a lot. Collie and Clark are both great weapons to have on 3rd down. Before his injury last year Collie had 16 first downs, 12 of them were on 3rd down. Clark has long been a goto on 3rd down for Manning. Do you think if the Colts convert a few more third downs that will help the defense?

Also, why is it that people being negative perceive themselves as being "real" and the people being positive are perceived as being "homers" or (the most stupid phrase in sports) "drinking the kool-aid? When experience has shown with the Colts the people who are positive are more "real" than the people who are negative.

lol, you remember two plays.opinions can't be debated,so i am of the opinion that time of possession is everything and that relates to defense. and when manning is on the sideline for 40 mins a game that is not good, homer or not.goodtime for a timeout.

lol, you remember two plays.

Um what? Two plays, did you by chance mean two players?
opinions can't be debated,so i am of the opinion that time of possession is everything and that relates to defense.
Opinions can be debated. Because opinions are the interpretation of facts. Sometimes the facts a person uses are not true facts (see global warming) and sometimes the interpretation of those facts is wrong (see your comment). TOP is only an issue if there is a large difference. Two, it is not just a factor of the defense. If the offense converts more third downs and maintain the ball for longer then they have a longer TOP.
and when manning is on the sideline for 40 mins a game that is not good, homer or not.goodtime for a timeout.

Ahh yes, the old technique of exaggerating an issue then trying to make a point of the exaggeration. The funny thing is, your example has happened one time and the Colts WON. In large part because of a monster game from one of the offensive players the Colts are getting back from IR. rotfl

Um what? Two plays, did you by chance mean two players?

Opinions can be debated. Because opinions are the interpretation of facts. Sometimes the facts a person uses are not true facts (see global warming) and sometimes the interpretation of those facts is wrong (see your comment). TOP is only an issue if there is a large difference. Two, it is not just a factor of the defense. If the offense converts more third downs and maintain the ball for longer then they have a longer TOP.

Ahh yes, the old technique of exaggerating an issue then trying to make a point of the exaggeration. The funny thing is, your example has happened one time and the Colts WON. In large part because of a monster game from one of the offensive players the Colts are getting back from IR. rotfl

coffee i am sorry you are correct my opinion and mannings opinion on the colts needing

help are way off base. quote from peyton(I will take less if they will use the money to keep some

of our own, and GO GET US SOME HELP!, but what does manning know.

lol, you remember two plays.opinions can't be debated,so i am of the opinion that time of possession is everything and that relates to defense. and when manning is on the sideline for 40 mins a game that is not good, homer or not.goodtime for a timeout.

Really - opinions can't be debated? Isn't that what a message board is for? And shouldn't those opinions that can be easily refuted with facts be debated? Like your 40 minutes per game that Manning is on the sideline - really? You think that is the number?

coffee i am sorry you are correct

True, too true.
my opinion and mannings opinion on the colts needing

help are way off base. quote from peyton(I will take less if they will use the money to keep some

of our own, and GO GET US SOME HELP!, but what does manning know.

That would be an excellent point, except, that is not what Manning said at all. He said he will take less so the Colts can sign guys like Addai and CJ or anyone else they want to sign. Manning never mentioned anything about "go get us some help" and the only players he named were..... offensive players.

True, too true.

That would be an excellent point, except, that is not what Manning said at all. He said he will take less so the Colts can sign guys like Addai and CJ or anyone else they want to sign. Manning never mentioned anything about "go get us some help" and the only players he named were..... offensive players.

you must be "that guy" i am sure you could take over tomorrow, and coach, g.m. and cure cancer

you are the man.wow all i wondered was why no help and end up in a debate with boy wonder!

I really don't have to admit that at all. I am not depressed. The Colts have a plan for how they think the team should be constructed and it has worked pretty well so far.

What major moves would you have liked to see the Colts make?

I guess I don't see your logic. What plan is working well for the Colts. I thought ever team says that not winning the SB is a failure of the season. With Belichick if his plan doesn't work for the year and he doesn't win a SB, he goes out and gets better players. With us, we just rely on the same players to make the same mistake they made the year before. If Polians plan was working so well, then why aren't we in the SB every year? To me, unless we get some better guys and the D, and a coach that doesn't make bad decisions during a game, we will be in the same boat every year.

I guess I don't see your logic. What plan is working well for the Colts. I thought ever team says that not winning the SB is a failure of the season. With Belichick if his plan doesn't work for the year and he doesn't win a SB, he goes out and gets better players. With us, we just rely on the same players to make the same mistake they made the year before. If Polians plan was working so well, then why aren't we in the SB every year? To me, unless we get some better guys and the D, and a coach that doesn't make bad decisions during a game, we will be in the same boat every year.

Do you really need to see the Colts' resume? The tenure of the current regime has been remarkably successful. One of the top teams in the just completed decade. The business model that only a successful year is one that you win the Super Bowl is nonsense to me. All you really can hope for is that you put yourself in position enough times that you win every now and then. The Colts have done that plenty of times. There have been disappointing endings but that does not mean a season was a waste of time.

Really, How many super Bowls did Hanesworth and Ocho win?

Manning on sidelines for 40 mins? Didnt we win that one game vs miami on mnf?

Yes we did, it was amazing, I have no idea how we pulled that off.

THE MACHINE SPEED OF ATTACK

1st play of game , 12 seconds 80 yard td to Clark,

fastest score Monday night game save for a kickoff return,

COLTS only team NFL History to WIN A Game

Wirh Less Than 15 Minutes Time Of Possession,

9/21/09, 27-23 @ Miam

you must be "that guy" i am sure you could take over tomorrow, and coach, g.m. and cure cancer

you are the man.wow all i wondered was why no help and end up in a debate with boy wonder!

I can see you are one of those that will believe what you believe whether it is true or not. When your arguments are shown to be ridiculous you resort to posts like this because you can no longer debate the merits of your own point of view.

Off topic (slightly) but the Miami game?! Dallas was fantastic!! He was booking to the endzone on that one! Without thet, Colts likely lose... Love some of that in the opener...!

I was at that game - just amazing. Don't believe the Colts O even had to shower. The D on the other hand, on the field for so long and it was miserably hot - even at night. Miami totally mismanaged the clock and playcalling in the final 2 minutes. A great Colts win and also was P Garcon's 1st NFL reg season TD - got to meet his Mom (her 1st NFL game) - she was one proud Mama!

Just trying this forum out....

I like the recent moves of Simms and Anderson. As well as our most recent draft. So the FO is moving in the right direction as of the last 2 transaction periods (Chris Polian?). But unfortunately I am worried the past 6 transaction periods may come back to haunt us (Bill?).

Gonna have to get used to this forum - sorry for interrupting any convo - not sure of the 'protocol'....

You're fine baglady. There is no protocol(beyond the forum rules). Many times there are two or three conversations going on in a thread. If the thread gets too far away from the original topic someone may suggest you start your own thread.

That's cool that you were at the game and got to meet Garcon's mother.

But he's right. What Manning said has been a little blown out of proportion on this board.

Personally, I'm perfectly fine with the Colts not making the BIG splashes in FA. At least, many's perception of BIG splash. We have managed to sign some players (this year, and over the years) that have made quite an impact on this team. You know, by signing their own.

Why does this have to be addressed multiple times each season? People need to stop getting their feelings fed to them by the media.

When the Colts string together a couple of losing seasons, that's when I may look for another approach.

Done nothing for the defense...cough cough Anderson cough cough Sims...I know they aren't superstars, but they are both solid players

2006; Sims was yet another Matt Millen overdraft - he was taken ninth overall despite serious concussion issues in college. So far, he's been most noted in the NFL as a rangy but undisciplined player who tends to whiff mightily in space.

Anderson -- scouting report on him of late is that he is too predictable, too slow, no range, no explosive jab step, no spin move worth discussing, injuries have already caught up to him, teammates could say he's a liability, etc, etc, etc.