Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldunclemark

New England @ Denver (Gday/Post Game - Merged)

10 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I was glad to see Denver won the game.  It's kind of funny that the only Pats fan posting on here is Dynasty13 who wasn't over confident in the first place.  I wonder what the reasons are for the Pats loss from the other posters?  Injuries? Bad line? Overconfident? Denver got lucky?  I expected the Pats to win but I knew the Broncos had a chance with #18's experience and that legit defense.  From my point of view, the Broncos flat out outplayed the Pats.

Normally it's around this time that some injury report surfaces up with Brady and how he was playing the playoff game he lost in with said injury.

14 hours ago, Jules said:

I give myself and others I know 3 days max to dwell all over a loss. And after 3 days I call a doctor if they don't shape up. (just kidding)

It sucks to lose, but seriously use the 3 day rule IMO.

Besides Pats fans should still feel okay. They won it all last year and are almost always in the AFCCG so they might be back in the same game NEXT YEAR all over again. Sigh........

I think the most painful thing at times though with a loss is HOW you lose. Sometimes getting blown out even hurts LESS then say a close loss like we had in 2005 to the Steelers or how the Vikings lost this year lol.

It usually only takes me a couple of days to get over a Colts loss. The night it happens is the worse obviously but as the week moves on by Wednesday I am usually ok. That SB loss in 2009 was about the only time I dwelled on a loss as a fan for multiple weeks. That was bad, it was bad the way it ended is what made it worse. I didn't watch any Football highlights or Post on ESPN for around a month after that game. If the Broncos lose I will be fine with it pretty quickly because I am not a Broncos fan, I will just feel bad for Peyton for a few days.

Tough loss last Sunday, would of been nice to pull that game out, or have had it in NE.  After a 10-0 start felt pretty good about our chances to at least get HFA through the playoffs.  Then we lost 4 of 6 and ended up with the #2 seed.   I think after having key injuries in the playoffs in '11, '12 and '13, BB figured once we got the bye he erred on the side of health over HFA.

The Denver D play a great game and Peyton did not make a mistake.  Going into game I felt that if we did not make a mistake and/or was even on turnovers I like our chances and we should win the game.  Well two tings happened that have not happened in a decade, a missed PAT and a QB that was hit over 20 times.  Still we were able to fight though these and had a two point conversion to tie in the end but came up short.

Brady's pick to Miller was really bad and it likely would of been a low throw to Gronk.  Had it been a normal throw to Gronk it likely would of gone over Miller, just a bad decision on Brady's part.  He played solid the rest of the game given the pressure he was under, but when you do not play a complete clean game it can come back to bite you, sometimes a clean game is needed in the playoffs, especially a close game.

Our OL did not help out, nor the fact that it appeared that we did not make some adjustments in the silent count.  Give credit to the Denver crowd for being loud during the game.

Would of been good to win, but you can not win them all.

On January 29, 2016 at 10:07 AM, Yehoodi said:

Tough loss last Sunday, would of been nice to pull that game out, or have had it in NE.  After a 10-0 start felt pretty good about our chances to at least get HFA through the playoffs.  Then we lost 4 of 6 and ended up with the #2 seed.   I think after having key injuries in the playoffs in '11, '12 and '13, BB figured once we got the bye he erred on the side of health over HFA.

The Denver D play a great game and Peyton did not make a mistake.  Going into game I felt that if we did not make a mistake and/or was even on turnovers I like our chances and we should win the game.  Well two tings happened that have not happened in a decade, a missed PAT and a QB that was hit over 20 times.  Still we were able to fight though these and had a two point conversion to tie in the end but came up short.

Brady's pick to Miller was really bad and it likely would of been a low throw to Gronk.  Had it been a normal throw to Gronk it likely would of gone over Miller, just a bad decision on Brady's part.  He played solid the rest of the game given the pressure he was under, but when you do not play a complete clean game it can come back to bite you, sometimes a clean game is needed in the playoffs, especially a close game.

Our OL did not help out, nor the fact that it appeared that we did not make some adjustments in the silent count.  Give credit to the Denver crowd for being loud during the game.

Would of been good to win, but you can not win them all.

You're a good man Yehoodi & because I like you & appreciate your balanced approach to breaking down games, I do feel bad for you & other Patriots fans I enjoy around here. Like you say, your o-line just couldn't protect Brady. Your team will still win 12 games next year like clockwork. 

I won't lie to ya. I was rooting for Manning, but Brady still had a tremendous year with constantly changing pieces up front. Von Miller was simply a buzz saw sack machine that refused to be denied. It hurts I know.