Philip Rivers- Antonio Gates 20034-11 49
Peyton Manning-Dallas Clark, Colts, 2003-10 44

MOST PROLIFIC COMPLETIONS DUOs IN NFL HISTORY
Peyton Manning-Marvin Harrison, Colts, 1998-2008 953
Peyton Manning-Reggie Wayne, Colts, 2001-10 773

MOST PROLIFIC PASSING YARDAGE DUOs IN NFL HISTORY
Peyton Manning-Marvin Harrison, Colts, 1998-2008 12,766
Peyton Manning-Reggie Wayne, Colts, 2001-10 10,574

HIGHEST CAREER AVERAGE TD PASSES PER GAME (Min. 150 TDs)
PLAYER TD PASSES GAMES TD PASSES/GAME
Peyton Manning* 399 208 1.92
Tom Brady* 300 161 1.86

MOST CAREER 3+-TD GAMES
PLAYER GAMES
Brett Favre 72
Peyton Manning* 65
Dan Marino 62

MOST CAREER 4+-TD GAMES
PLAYER GAMES
Brett Favre* 23
Peyton Manning* 22

MOST CAREER 300+-YARD GAMES
PLAYER GAMES
Peyton Manning* 63
Dan Marino 63

MOST CAREER 400+-YARD GAMES
PLAYER GAMES
Dan Marino 13
Peyton Manning* 8

MOST GAMES CAREER GAMES 5+-TD PASSES
6 Peyton Manning, Colts
6 Dan Marino, Miami

MOST CAREER STARTS AS QB-C TANDEM
GAMES DUO TEAM
170 Peyton Manning-Jeff Saturday Colts
160 Fran Tarkenton-Mick Tingelhoff Minnesota

Those are a few...

a 6,000-yard season..?

Its coming..somebody will do it in the next 2 or 3 years

I could see it happening. . elite QB with a great offense coupled with a division full of below average secondaries. Sort of like the NFC South this year.

What major career stat goals does Manning have left to achieve? I would assume that 60,000 yards passing would be one of them, and he's at about 55,000. What else?

Most career games played with one team. And all the single season stat record that he should have already, including a perfect season, and top it off with a pretty ring. if his dang coaches would leave him in the games.

Manning needs on playoff run ending in a SB title where he actually plays great. Even as a die hard Colts homer no one can say he actually played well in the 06 run.

The rest of the statisitcal stuff is meaningless. Montanna is nowhere on those lists above and he is considered the greatest ever because he is clutch in the playoffs and the stat that means the most, he leads in. SB rings.

Brett Favre was elite for several years in the 90s. That's really about it.

He was elite towards the end too. What he did at his age is great. Didn't he take packets and Vikings to NFC championship games within 4 years. He is easily one of the best qb of all time. He played the game to have fun and it was always fun to watch him play. I have tons of respect for what he did and how long he did. He was a lock to play every week. He played with broken thumbs, fingers, ribs, day after his dad died he was amazing. A true legend of the game and it's unfortunate his career ended the way it did.

Sure when the NFL goes to an 18 game season.

I really hope this never comes to be. It would void all previous season records to the realm of the *asterisk*. They would effectively be canning so much history for a few more games, and bunch more money in their pockets.

I really hope this never comes to be. It would void all previous season records to the realm of the *asterisk*. They would effectively be canning so much history for a few more games, and bunch more money in their pockets.

I don't think we're going to see an 18-game NFL season. I did at one point, but if it didn't come out of the most recent CBA, I think it'll never happen, and I'm with you... I'd rather it not. Even though I'd enjoy it as a fan. Just not good for the players.

As for personal records for Peyton... I seriously doubt he's spending a lot of time thinking about that stuff right now. Everyone's one and only concern should be on whether he plays again and his long-term health. Favre holds most of the major passing records but not a lot of people would tell you that they think he's the best to ever play the game. Manning is still top 5 all-time, even if he never takes another snap.

Straight with ya bud. Lets get him back out there and whatever records fall after that are just an ancillary additive to his prominent career. The league needs the Brady's and Manning's. Especially after the discount double choke (<<credit to firejimcaldwell for that) that their darling Rodgers dropped on them.

Straight with ya bud. Lets get him back out there and whatever records fall after that are just an ancillary additive to his prominent career. The league needs the Brady's and Manning's. Especially after the discount double choke (<<credit to firejimcaldwell for that) that their darling Rodgers dropped on them.

I also preferred it when the "elite" discussion only involved two guys, LOL! :brady: :manning:

I also preferred it when the "elite" discussion only involved two guys, LOL! :brady: :manning:

It's coming. Can't wait for that annual NFL lovers dream. Y'all had fun with us this year. Until one or both of those fellas retires, they are the only two that belong in that conversation.

It's coming. Can't wait for that annual NFL lovers dream. Y'all had fun with us this year. Until one or both of those fellas retires, they are the only two that belong in that conversation.

Rodgers is an elite qb as is brees. Just because they lost yesterday doesn't mean he's not. Manning was like 2-7 in his first 9 playoff games. Elite regular season qb