Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots fans would you....


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

What if, what happened to the 2011 Colts, happened to the 2011 Patriots; would you take Andrew Luck and cut Tom Brady? Just curious... 

Interesting question.

 

I would draft Andrew Luck, but keep Tom Brady. Allow him to learn from the best and let Luck be 'Aaron Rodgers' for a few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Interesting question.

 

I would draft Andrew Luck, but keep Tom Brady. Allow him to learn from the best and let Luck be 'Aaron Rodgers' for a few years.

Let's say you guys cut him, how would you feel about Tom Brady playing for the Broncos? Would you want the Broncos to win with Brady? What if he started having more success with the Broncos compared to his time with the Patriots? How would you feel?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Let's say you guys cut him, how would you feel about Tom Brady playing for the Broncos? Would you want the Broncos to win with Brady? What if he started having more success with the Broncos compared to his time with the Patriots? How would you feel?

Sure. As long as it was at zero expense to the Patriots. At this point in the season if my team was already out, of course I'd want to see him succeed. But I was a Patriots fan long before Brady and I'll be one long after. At no point during the season would I root for them if it affected seeding, potential match ups, or anything that would prevent my team's quest to win a championship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Sure. As long as it was at zero expense to the Patriots. At this point in the season if my team was already out, of course I'd want to see him succeed. But I was a Patriots fan long before Brady and I'll be one long after. At no point during the season would I root for them if it affected seeding, potential match ups, or anything that would prevent my team's quest to win a championship.

Well, anyways, you can't keep both. You have to keep Brady or cut him for Luck. What would it be?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jules said:

In one thread we have Peyton owning the Titans. And in another Luck playing behind Brady on the Pats.

 

I give up today and this is too much for me.

 

what if both brady & manning both went down in '11. the colts drafted luck & the patriots drafted rgKnee. of course griffin would be a star in new england. brady would probably be in oakland or cleveland

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an interesting question.  I am interested to see the answers from Pats fans.  I want to clarify something, though, before this goes any further.  Are we talking about a season completely like the season that the Colts had, meaning that Brady is injured in such a way that there is significant doubt as to whether he will be able to return to the NFL and compete at this former level?  Or are we talking about a situation like the Pats had a few seasons before that where Brady was out for the season but it was pretty likely that he would return and be able to play again?  So say, instead of going 11-5 and barely missing the playoffs that season suppose they completely tanked without Brady?  Would that fit the criteria, or are we talking about a situation that is truly like what the Colts' management faced?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

 

what if both brady & manning both went down in '11. the colts drafted luck & the patriots drafted rgKnee. of course griffin would be a star in new england. brady would probably be in oakland or cleveland

 

I've said this many times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

This is an interesting question.  I am interested to see the answers from Pats fans.  I want to clarify something, though, before this goes any further.  Are we talking about a season completely like the season that the Colts had, meaning that Brady is injured in such a way that there is significant doubt as to whether he will be able to return to the NFL and compete at this former level?  Or are we talking about a situation like the Pats had a few seasons before that where Brady was out for the season but it was pretty likely that he would return and be able to play again?  So say, instead of going 11-5 and barely missing the playoffs that season suppose they completely tanked without Brady?  Would that fit the criteria, or are we talking about a situation that is truly like what the Colts' management faced?

See, that's tricky because I wonder if there ever was SERIOUS doubt that Peyton could play again, or if it was exaggerated so Irsay could make the transition to Luck easier...

 

I don't remember it being a surprise when Manning did play at a high level again.

 

But let's say... that there is some doubt that Brady would be able to play at high level again, I suppose, if there ever truly was legitimate doubt that Manning would be able to play again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

 

what if both brady & manning both went down in '11. the colts drafted luck & the patriots drafted rgKnee. of course griffin would be a star in new england. brady would probably be in oakland or cleveland

Wow...imagine right now we'd be talking about Oakland or Cleveland heading into Denver trying to get to the Super Bowl!

 

;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

My answer: It's not quite fair because of age- Brady has more left than manning and he also had an injury- but given the same rough circumstances I cut Brady for Luck.

 

If Brady is in Denver I root against Denver till they're out of the playoffs. I root for my team, not the player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Wow...imagine right now we'd be talking about Oakland or Cleveland heading into Denver trying to get to the Super Bowl!

 

;)

Lol maybe...

 

I would like to see Brady play with out Belichick.

 

BTW, You Patriots fans on here, are some of my favorite posters. A lot of you have been here for a loooooong time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

My answer: It's not quite fair because of age- Brady has more left than manning and he also had an injury- but given the same rough circumstances I cut Brady for Luck.

 

If Brady is in Denver I root against Denver till they're out of the playoffs. I root for my team, not the player.

I'd like to see Luck play for Belichick too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

 

a whole lot of colts fans shared that same delusion 

 

Oh yes, I remember the whole "Luck will happily sit behind Peyton and make grits while Peyton goats his way out of town on a parade float" talk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Love Dynasty's honesty in this Thread. Of course if you have a QB who has a serious injury and maybe only 4 or 5 years left to play and you have Andrew Luck coming out, you go with Luck. No matter how great the older QB has been. It is a gamble but I think it was obvious that many already knew Luck would be a Good QB at the very worse. So far he was Very Good in his first 3 seasons going 36-18 and to a Final 4 under a rebuild. This last season he was injured so it didn't go well but I think it was a fluke. Have to go with Luck when you know the guy probably has 15 years of quality of Football in front of him compared to a QB that has played a long time. Tom does still look like he could play another 2 or 3 years though haha 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, -JJ- said:

My answer: It's not quite fair because of age- Brady has more left than manning and he also had an injury- but given the same rough circumstances I cut Brady for Luck.

 

If Brady is in Denver I root against Denver till they're out of the playoffs. I root for my team, not the player.

What if your team is already out of the playoffs?  You still root against Brady?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

What if your team is already out of the playoffs?  You still root against Brady?

I wouldn't root against him. I tend to watch teams, not players so it really doesn't come into play for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

I wouldn't root against him. I tend to watch teams, not players so it really doesn't come into play for me.

So you would have no feeling whatsoever either way for Brady to win said hypothetical?  I find that a bit unbelievable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

So you would have no feeling whatsoever either way for Brady to win said hypothetical?  I find that a bit unbelievable.

well if he's on the JETS - NO!!!!!!!  :)

 

I could root for him if we were out but really I'm about just watching football "teams" I don't tend to root for anyone, except NE of course.

no doubt a minority view

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -JJ- said:

well if he's on the JETS - NO!!!!!!!  :)

 

I could root for him if we were out but really I'm about just watching football "teams" I don't tend to root for anyone, except NE of course.

no doubt a minority view

Everyone's fandom is different. I don't understand why people question others motivations or reasons for being a fan. I can completely understand some people follow players and some don't. Some haven't even been a fan long enough to know all the ex players etc and some have been a fan so long that the name on the back doesn't mean much because they change so often. Some follow a player because they went to their college or grew up around them or maybe they have met them personally. There is no right or wrong and I don't think people should be judgemental. People that have watched Peyton or Tom for almost 20 yrs now obviously would get attached to the good memories and happiness they've brought them and it seems very reasonable to want to see them finish their career successfully. Especially if you've met either of these two individuals...I haven't met Tom but he comes across genuine and kind and when I met Peyton he was down to earth..seemed caring...and was a funny easy going guy. Hard not to like either of them.

 

As for the drafting Luck...I think any team would draft him...he is about as close to a can't miss talent as you can get. Now what you do with him after that is up to you...but I'm sure Bill would have drafted him or asked for a kings ransom (like more than the Rams got). He would have then probably kept Brady and let Luck under study or traded the pick. If any team could make it work with the two it would be NE. They also weren't a bunch of pieces from contending and could keep both on the roster. I don't see a way they move on from Brady if he was just injured...he would have had probably another 7-8 prime years left. It would have to have been a career threatening injury. I think everyone thought Peyton was looking at 4-5 yrs tops and probably not fully healthy years. Lets be honest...what Peyton did in 2013 was just unfreaking believable....from the surgery he had...his age...just remarkable effort. Nobody saw that coming. Even if Tom say blew his knee out again I think everyone would safely say he could come back and still be Tom again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, -JJ- said:

well if he's on the JETS - NO!!!!!!!  :)

 

I could root for him if we were out but really I'm about just watching football "teams" I don't tend to root for anyone, except NE of course.

no doubt a minority view

That's why I can't root for the Broncos just because Manning is the QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • They are still in first round interview mode. I'd expect that to continue assuming they want to interview guys still in the playoffs. Keep in mind the Texans had to get special approval to interview Bieniemy when they did, because they failed to interview him on the off week. They can't interview him again till they are done (unless they seek a waiver from the NFL again).   Purely my opinion, but I think it's simple to me.   If Watson stays, Bieniemy will be the HC. Anyone other than Bieniemy is a signal that Watson is gone. That assumes though that there are teams willing to mortgage their future...   
    • TO's stats absolutely warranted first ballot... but he had antics on the field (e.g., the Dallas Star incident, spitting in DeAngelo Hall's face) and was also a cry-baby who was often in conflict with the media and front offices of teams he played on, and thought by many to be a subpar teammate (at least for portions of his career).  He also did other things (e.g., the Desparate Housewives skit before MNF, OD on pain meds) which made him unpopular with the media, who are ultimately who vote players into the HOF.   Marvin also deserved to be a 1st ballot HOFer.  Although he got in before TO, I firmly believe Marv's alleged shooting incidents and the allegations of him punching a younger fan at a pro-bowl game were held against him in voting.  I know it's said that the HOF is for what players did on the field, and off field stuff shouldn't come into play -- but it's voted on by people (i.e., sports writers) and there surely is some sort of human element that goes into the vote casting process.     You're right... Reggie will get in, just a matter of when.  While I do think some of Marv's off-field issues hindered him, there were also guys like Andre Reed (who had been eligible for almost a decade) and Tim Brown who were waiting to get into the HOF... both deserving HOFers who got overlooked previous years as guys like Jerry Rice and Cris Carter got in.   While I think the main knock on Reggie will be that he was WR#2 to Marvin for a decent part of his career, and the fact he wasn't all-decade team and only a 1x First-team All Pro (and 2x 2nd team).  That said, he's one of the most prolific WRs in NFL history and has some of the best post-season stats of any WR in NFL history.  Megatron definitely was a physical freak who changed the game, but his career was not long enough to put him in the record books like Reggie (who is top 10 in just about every category and top 5 in several post-season categories).  The only other WR on the ballot is Torry Holt who is a 2x finalist -- Reggie has more all-pro appearances, 1 less probowl than Holt, though Reggie has more yards, TDs and receptions.  They both have 1 SB ring, with Reggie having greater post-season success with individual stats, and Holt was 2nd team 2000s all-decade which Reggie wasn't.  Holt was also 2nd fiddle to Isaac Bruce for a decent part of his career.   Not making any guarantees, but compared to the WR classes when Marv and TO were finalists (including guys like Reed and Tim Brown who had been on the wait-list for a while) as well as studs across the board (e.g., Jerome Bettis, Derrick Brooks, Michael Strahan, Aeneas Williams, Junior Seau, WIll Shields, Favre, Orlando Pace, etc..).... I think this class is pretty weak.  After Peyton and Woodson, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I don't see any guy in this class who clearly deserves to be a HOFer more than Reggie does.      He has to retired first and if he keeps taking his Benjamin Button diet, that may not happen.
    • Personally I think the future QB is already on the roster in Eason. To be honest we don't have a clue on his abilities in the NFL. He has all the physical tools. In this offense he wouldn't have to be superman to be successful.  I am pretty sure Ballard will pull some surprises out of his little black book. He seems to do that every season so far. 
    • Or your bling "Love" of him has altered yours... 
    • Thanks for that. I know there is more, not a lot more but there have been blurbs through the season and comments/talk on sirius nfl 88 as well. There was one recently on roto but for the life of me I couldn't find it. I'm not sure if it was removed by roto or not. Don't know why they would but... anyway thanks again
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...