Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots fans would you....


Tsarquise

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

What if, what happened to the 2011 Colts, happened to the 2011 Patriots; would you take Andrew Luck and cut Tom Brady? Just curious... 

Interesting question.

 

I would draft Andrew Luck, but keep Tom Brady. Allow him to learn from the best and let Luck be 'Aaron Rodgers' for a few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Interesting question.

 

I would draft Andrew Luck, but keep Tom Brady. Allow him to learn from the best and let Luck be 'Aaron Rodgers' for a few years.

Let's say you guys cut him, how would you feel about Tom Brady playing for the Broncos? Would you want the Broncos to win with Brady? What if he started having more success with the Broncos compared to his time with the Patriots? How would you feel?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Let's say you guys cut him, how would you feel about Tom Brady playing for the Broncos? Would you want the Broncos to win with Brady? What if he started having more success with the Broncos compared to his time with the Patriots? How would you feel?

Sure. As long as it was at zero expense to the Patriots. At this point in the season if my team was already out, of course I'd want to see him succeed. But I was a Patriots fan long before Brady and I'll be one long after. At no point during the season would I root for them if it affected seeding, potential match ups, or anything that would prevent my team's quest to win a championship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Sure. As long as it was at zero expense to the Patriots. At this point in the season if my team was already out, of course I'd want to see him succeed. But I was a Patriots fan long before Brady and I'll be one long after. At no point during the season would I root for them if it affected seeding, potential match ups, or anything that would prevent my team's quest to win a championship.

Well, anyways, you can't keep both. You have to keep Brady or cut him for Luck. What would it be?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jules said:

In one thread we have Peyton owning the Titans. And in another Luck playing behind Brady on the Pats.

 

I give up today and this is too much for me.

 

what if both brady & manning both went down in '11. the colts drafted luck & the patriots drafted rgKnee. of course griffin would be a star in new england. brady would probably be in oakland or cleveland

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an interesting question.  I am interested to see the answers from Pats fans.  I want to clarify something, though, before this goes any further.  Are we talking about a season completely like the season that the Colts had, meaning that Brady is injured in such a way that there is significant doubt as to whether he will be able to return to the NFL and compete at this former level?  Or are we talking about a situation like the Pats had a few seasons before that where Brady was out for the season but it was pretty likely that he would return and be able to play again?  So say, instead of going 11-5 and barely missing the playoffs that season suppose they completely tanked without Brady?  Would that fit the criteria, or are we talking about a situation that is truly like what the Colts' management faced?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

 

what if both brady & manning both went down in '11. the colts drafted luck & the patriots drafted rgKnee. of course griffin would be a star in new england. brady would probably be in oakland or cleveland

 

I've said this many times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

This is an interesting question.  I am interested to see the answers from Pats fans.  I want to clarify something, though, before this goes any further.  Are we talking about a season completely like the season that the Colts had, meaning that Brady is injured in such a way that there is significant doubt as to whether he will be able to return to the NFL and compete at this former level?  Or are we talking about a situation like the Pats had a few seasons before that where Brady was out for the season but it was pretty likely that he would return and be able to play again?  So say, instead of going 11-5 and barely missing the playoffs that season suppose they completely tanked without Brady?  Would that fit the criteria, or are we talking about a situation that is truly like what the Colts' management faced?

See, that's tricky because I wonder if there ever was SERIOUS doubt that Peyton could play again, or if it was exaggerated so Irsay could make the transition to Luck easier...

 

I don't remember it being a surprise when Manning did play at a high level again.

 

But let's say... that there is some doubt that Brady would be able to play at high level again, I suppose, if there ever truly was legitimate doubt that Manning would be able to play again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

 

what if both brady & manning both went down in '11. the colts drafted luck & the patriots drafted rgKnee. of course griffin would be a star in new england. brady would probably be in oakland or cleveland

Wow...imagine right now we'd be talking about Oakland or Cleveland heading into Denver trying to get to the Super Bowl!

 

;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

My answer: It's not quite fair because of age- Brady has more left than manning and he also had an injury- but given the same rough circumstances I cut Brady for Luck.

 

If Brady is in Denver I root against Denver till they're out of the playoffs. I root for my team, not the player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Wow...imagine right now we'd be talking about Oakland or Cleveland heading into Denver trying to get to the Super Bowl!

 

;)

Lol maybe...

 

I would like to see Brady play with out Belichick.

 

BTW, You Patriots fans on here, are some of my favorite posters. A lot of you have been here for a loooooong time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

My answer: It's not quite fair because of age- Brady has more left than manning and he also had an injury- but given the same rough circumstances I cut Brady for Luck.

 

If Brady is in Denver I root against Denver till they're out of the playoffs. I root for my team, not the player.

I'd like to see Luck play for Belichick too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

 

a whole lot of colts fans shared that same delusion 

 

Oh yes, I remember the whole "Luck will happily sit behind Peyton and make grits while Peyton goats his way out of town on a parade float" talk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Love Dynasty's honesty in this Thread. Of course if you have a QB who has a serious injury and maybe only 4 or 5 years left to play and you have Andrew Luck coming out, you go with Luck. No matter how great the older QB has been. It is a gamble but I think it was obvious that many already knew Luck would be a Good QB at the very worse. So far he was Very Good in his first 3 seasons going 36-18 and to a Final 4 under a rebuild. This last season he was injured so it didn't go well but I think it was a fluke. Have to go with Luck when you know the guy probably has 15 years of quality of Football in front of him compared to a QB that has played a long time. Tom does still look like he could play another 2 or 3 years though haha 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, -JJ- said:

My answer: It's not quite fair because of age- Brady has more left than manning and he also had an injury- but given the same rough circumstances I cut Brady for Luck.

 

If Brady is in Denver I root against Denver till they're out of the playoffs. I root for my team, not the player.

What if your team is already out of the playoffs?  You still root against Brady?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

What if your team is already out of the playoffs?  You still root against Brady?

I wouldn't root against him. I tend to watch teams, not players so it really doesn't come into play for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

I wouldn't root against him. I tend to watch teams, not players so it really doesn't come into play for me.

So you would have no feeling whatsoever either way for Brady to win said hypothetical?  I find that a bit unbelievable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

So you would have no feeling whatsoever either way for Brady to win said hypothetical?  I find that a bit unbelievable.

well if he's on the JETS - NO!!!!!!!  :)

 

I could root for him if we were out but really I'm about just watching football "teams" I don't tend to root for anyone, except NE of course.

no doubt a minority view

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -JJ- said:

well if he's on the JETS - NO!!!!!!!  :)

 

I could root for him if we were out but really I'm about just watching football "teams" I don't tend to root for anyone, except NE of course.

no doubt a minority view

Everyone's fandom is different. I don't understand why people question others motivations or reasons for being a fan. I can completely understand some people follow players and some don't. Some haven't even been a fan long enough to know all the ex players etc and some have been a fan so long that the name on the back doesn't mean much because they change so often. Some follow a player because they went to their college or grew up around them or maybe they have met them personally. There is no right or wrong and I don't think people should be judgemental. People that have watched Peyton or Tom for almost 20 yrs now obviously would get attached to the good memories and happiness they've brought them and it seems very reasonable to want to see them finish their career successfully. Especially if you've met either of these two individuals...I haven't met Tom but he comes across genuine and kind and when I met Peyton he was down to earth..seemed caring...and was a funny easy going guy. Hard not to like either of them.

 

As for the drafting Luck...I think any team would draft him...he is about as close to a can't miss talent as you can get. Now what you do with him after that is up to you...but I'm sure Bill would have drafted him or asked for a kings ransom (like more than the Rams got). He would have then probably kept Brady and let Luck under study or traded the pick. If any team could make it work with the two it would be NE. They also weren't a bunch of pieces from contending and could keep both on the roster. I don't see a way they move on from Brady if he was just injured...he would have had probably another 7-8 prime years left. It would have to have been a career threatening injury. I think everyone thought Peyton was looking at 4-5 yrs tops and probably not fully healthy years. Lets be honest...what Peyton did in 2013 was just unfreaking believable....from the surgery he had...his age...just remarkable effort. Nobody saw that coming. Even if Tom say blew his knee out again I think everyone would safely say he could come back and still be Tom again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, -JJ- said:

well if he's on the JETS - NO!!!!!!!  :)

 

I could root for him if we were out but really I'm about just watching football "teams" I don't tend to root for anyone, except NE of course.

no doubt a minority view

That's why I can't root for the Broncos just because Manning is the QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...