Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Would Root For Peyton Even If He Was An Opposing Player

18Manning

Would you be rooting for him if he went to Houston and they beat us out for the division and forced us into a wildcard?

I would only because there's maybe 4 or 5 more years of Peyton, and if he's healthy enough to whoop us in a playoff game on another team we made the mistake in letting him go. Remember draft time when he told us he'd whoop our * up and down the field if we didn't take him. I don't expect anything less.

Besides that, I still have a lifetime of Colts to watch. I'm sure a lot of Green Bay fans were pulling for Favre when he was with Minny. Players like that are few and extremely far between.

Colts fan since mid 60's. I had a cousin (Willie Ricardson) play WR for the team from 1963 to 1969 and after a year with the Dolphins he played a final year in 1971. Always been a fan of the COLTS and not just one player or executive or coach of the team. If Manning were to leave and play elsewhere in 2012 and beyond, I would wish him well except when his new team would be playing the Colts. If he ever played against the Colts I would want him to lose.

I wouldn't go with 0... but it is slim.

I can't see him going to the Texans. However, if the situation came up where he played the Colts for the division, I would cheer for the Colts 100%. If he beat us and was in the playoffs, I would cheer for him and hope he wins a ring. However, anytime he faces Indy, I would be going for Indy

Two things for the record

1. Assuming he's healthy, I don't think he's going anywhere (at least not this year)

2. I'm not here to judge who or what you choose to root for as long as you're honest about it.

Yep. If the Colts drop Manning they deserve to get their butts kicked. I'll root for Manning just out of principle.

i was a colts fan since they mayflowered into town. to me a lot of it would depend on how it would happen-- lets say he wasnt ready when the 28 mill is due and its bad enough to let him go.....then he ends up healed by training camp and makes a comeback. hard to fault mgt for letting him go like that.

but, suppose it was an ugly divorce. what then?? if we dumped him like a sack of taters, i think the first home game he gets a pass.

id root for him as payback for the jerky way we let him go.

especially if the colts were rebuilding, and he went to a powerhouse, it would be easy to root for your old fave QB while your new QB and the colts get up to speed. i mean, if the colts want to have a dominant team, we would have to suck for lucks weapons too. houston has been collecting early round talent for quite a while, thats what it takes to really have a chance to be great long term...

your a dingbat.

sorry ruksak. thats me quoting myself... trying to show the kid how to post....i wish i know how to make it disappear!!

she wanted to know what flaming was....

I could make that disappear for you, but I thought it was funny. haha

Feel free to flame yourself anytime you want.

I'm not saying it will happen, but be prepared to take a lot of heat.

Personally, I also really like Peyton. He has done tons for this organization and I am hoping he can come back and play a few more years and win some more championships. If he were to go to another team, I would wish him all the best. With that said, if he ends up playing the Colts, I will be cheering 100% for the Colts. If you ask me, no single player is bigger than the team. I would be happy if Peyton won another championship, but if he ever plays against the Colts, I will be cheering for the Colts.

+1

Same I will always root for the Colts even against Manning. However whatever team Manning goes to would most likely be my second favorite team (if he left in the first place ofc). I would even root for the Jets if he played for them even though I would be reluctant to at first, I can't stand the majority of their players and of course, Rex.

+1

Same I will always root for the Colts even against Manning. However whatever team Manning goes to would most likely be my second favorite team (if he left in the first place ofc). I would even root for the Jets if he played for them even though I would be reluctant to at first, I can't stand the majority of their players and of course, Rex.

Really? The Jets? Wow. You do have a man crush on God18, don't you!

I could make that disappear for you, but I thought it was funny. haha

Feel free to flame yourself anytime you want.

please dont give me a timeout for flaming myself!!

yeah... she has an assighnment for school that has messageboards as homework (dont ask me why, i dont understand the modern school system). she was told not to flame anyone. it actually was nice to be a contributing member to this one-- y'all are great examples of proper netiquette.

if you dont mind the thread clutter, and many of you get some amusement at the self-imolation.......

please dont give me a timeout for flaming myself!!

yeah... she has an assighnment for school that has messageboards as homework (dont ask me why, i dont understand the modern school system). she was told not to flame anyone. it actually was nice to be a contributing member to this one-- y'all are great examples of proper netiquette.

if you dont mind the thread clutter, and many of you get some amusement at the self-imolation.......

This post just made my day. :)

I was just sitting here reading through the treads and thinking how much I love so many of the posters on this forum, and how I have loved sharing my time and them sharing theirs with me.

Thank you.

There's no "right" way to root for sports teams or players. Some Indy fans are Colts fans, some are Manning fans. If/when he moves on, whether that's in retirement or to another team, there will be a lot of attrition among the later. I've been trolling Indy boards since the rivalry heated up seven or eight years ago, and I've seen both. It's a matter of personal preference, though I'm sure people will kill each other over it, lol!

To be perfectly honest I only became a fan of Colts because of Manning in the first place. Don't know who I'd support if it weren't for him, but it most likely wouldn't be Colts.

That said, if he left then it definitely wouldn't stop me being a Colts fan. I'd hope Manning would go to the NFC, rip up the division putting up record numbers, but then fall short in the Super Bowl against Colts. Of course the ideal scenario is, he puts up record Super Bowl numbers wearing a horseshoe helmet!