Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

East-West Shrine game

It is too bad Ronald Blair backed out of the East West shrine game due to an injury while training. I was looking forward to seeing him against some raised competition. This year is a great year for D-Lineman. Aziz Sittu is a great run stuffing 3-4 lineman looking forward to watching him during the game.

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Deon Bush is one name I'll be watching. I thought he was a 2nd or 3rd round pick at one point. Seems like he may be a late round guy.

Also interested in Terrance Smith out of FSU. Could be a developmental guy and special teams stud.

I'll be watching Bush as well. I think he's got some skills and loves contact

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Deon Bush is one name I'll be watching. I thought he was a 2nd or 3rd round pick at one point. Seems like he may be a late round guy.

Also interested in Terrance Smith out of FSU. Could be a developmental guy and special teams stud.

Speaking of safeties. Are you familiar with Justin Simmons from Boston College? I am curious if you know much about him or have an opinion on the guy. He is a guy I really like watching on tape, and Matt Miller the draft analyst has him as one of his favorites as well, but he isn't currently being viewed as an early round S. I think he would be a late round steal.

7 hours ago, SDakColts said:

Speaking of safeties. Are you familiar with Justin Simmons from Boston College? I am curious if you know much about him or have an opinion on the guy. He is a guy I really like watching on tape, and Matt Miller the draft analyst has him as one of his favorites as well, but he isn't currently being viewed as an early round S. I think he would be a late round steal.

Never heard of him but I'll look him up. I read a lot of Matt Millers stuff. He had an article at the beginning of the season on under the radar safety prospects, which is how I found out about Busch and other guys.

7 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Never heard of him but I'll look him up. I read a lot of Matt Millers stuff. He had an article at the beginning of the season on under the radar safety prospects, which is how I found out about Busch and other guys.

Bush is a guy I wouldn't mind having if we grabbed another young safety.

Vernon Adams won't do anything in the NFL but he will make this game fun to watch.

Christian French is on the roster but won't play due to a shoulder injury.  He's a guy that I really hope Grigs looks at in the 4-5th rounds.  OLB that is 6'5 250 lbs. and will probably run a 4.6.  He's a converted TE (stone hands) that really started coming into his own before he got hurt this year.  He will turn some heads at the combine, but there is very limited good tape on him.

21 hours ago, Ace Boogie said:

definitely plan to check it out, Herrera and Parry were participants last year. Will be keeping any eye on C Graham Glasgow

As a Michigan fan, I'm biased, but Glasgow is the real deal but he does have a drinking problem.  He seems to have kept it in check under Harbaugh but it is something to be wary about.

Another olineman in the Shrine game is Karras out of Illinois.  I only saw the fighting Illini a couple of times this year and a couple of times last year but this guy is a day one starting guard, IMO.  He is a strong, technically sound, mean guard who seems to get upset if he doesn't drive his guy to the ground.  He's not super athletic and he won't put up great numbers at the combine, so a lot of zone blocking teams won't look at him so he should be available in the 3rd or 4th round.

18 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

As a Michigan fan, I'm biased, but Glasgow is the real deal but he does have a drinking problem.  He seems to have kept it in check under Harbaugh but it is something to be wary about.

Another olineman in the Shrine game is Karras out of Illinois.  I only saw the fighting Illini a couple of times this year and a couple of times last year but this guy is a day one starting guard, IMO.  He is a strong, technically sound, mean guard who seems to get upset if he doesn't drive his guy to the ground.  He's not super athletic and he won't put up great numbers at the combine, so a lot of zone blocking teams won't look at him so he should be available in the 3rd or 4th round.

I also like Karras. The only problem with him would be he is not really fit for a zone blocking scheme. All signs as of the moment is that we are transitioning to a ZBS. Chud ran zone blocking in Carolina, and Philbin has ran and coached ZBS almost his entire career.

Just now, SDakColts said:

I also like Karras. The only problem with him would be he is not really fit for a zone blocking scheme. All signs as of the moment is that we are transitioning to a ZBS. Chud ran zone blocking in Carolina, and Philbin has ran and coached ZBS almost his entire career.

You could be right.  I think Pagano likes the man/power scheme and the Colts will stick with that.  But I don't know.

Just now, Coffeedrinker said:

You could be right.  I think Pagano likes the man/power scheme and the Colts will stick with that.  But I don't know.

I would be surprised if we ended up continuing to run a PBS. Like you said you may be correct as well, but IMO I think the signs are pointing towards us adapting a ZBS.

On 1/20/2016 at 2:27 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

I watched Glasgow closely in this game. Great awareness and very solid blocking.
 It seemed to me that he moved well too. Hope he is a combine participant. 

21 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I watched Glasgow closely in this game. Great awareness and very solid blocking.
 It seemed to me that he moved well too. Hope he is a combine participant. 

IMO he's a 2nd round talent that will probably fall to the 5th round or later.  If he keeps his nose clean he will make a very good center for some team.