Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where's Cams defenders this time?

Narcosys

Here he is at it again.  Last time it was the packers sign.  In which they were given permission.  But his defendants came out in droves claiming the stadium rules that nothing can be attached and that's why Cam took it down.  How about now?

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/carolina-panthers-seattle-seahawks-classless-cam-newton-letter-011916

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbluSFh7AZE

Dude is straight up trash. Some role model.

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Not seeing that anywhere reported.  Speculation.  Why would a panthers fan have a 12th man flag?

I actually just looked it up, there is a video on the Vine.  Looks like it was clearly handed to him.  I had to look it up on my phone since I can't do it at work, so just google the incident, one of the articles will have al ink to it.  This isn't in teh same ballpark as the GB sign if you ask me.  And in the end, it's really just not that big of a deal.

Not big enough for the writer of the letter to basically diminish all the philanthropic work that Cam's done.  He threw a flag - if this woman is that distraught over what he did and took that as a personal attack on herself, the entire city of Seattle, and all the cancer victims that Russell Wilson has helped, she's got some serious issues.

Not seeing that anywhere reported.  Speculation.  Why would a panthers fan have a 12th man flag?

They stole it to give to him probably. Carolina fans have largely adapted Cam's immature mentality. It's embarrassing to even listen to them.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

I actually just looked it up, there is a video on the Vine.  Looks like it was clearly handed to him.  I had to look it up on my phone since I can't do it at work, so just google the incident, one of the articles will have al ink to it.  This isn't in teh same ballpark as the GB sign if you ask me.  And in the end, it's really just not that big of a deal.

Not big enough for the writer of the letter to basically deminish all the philanthropic work that Cam's done.  He threw a flag - if this woman is that distraught over what he did and took that as a personal attack on herself, the entire city of Seattle, and all the cancer victims that Russell Wilson has helped, she's got some serious issues.

Not clearly handed to him.  As the article states, the fan was just dangling it down and Cam quickly snatched it without even seeing who is holding it.  So regardless then, he took it without looking. He didn't care who was holding it, he just wanted to take it and toss it.  He didn't hesitate at all.

You cannot tell what team the person was a fan of, only that he is wearing a dark blue, possibly black, shirt. 

8 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Not clearly handed to him.  As the article states, the fan was just dangling it down and Cam quickly snatched it without even seeing who is holding it.  So regardless then, he took it without looking. He didn't care who was holding it, he just wanted to take it and toss it.  He didn't hesitate at all.

You cannot tell what team the person was a fan of, only that he is wearing a dark blue, possibly black, shirt. 

Okay, then if someone drops a flag of the 12th man right in a player's face, he deserves to have it taken and thrown across the field.  Why is it that whoever this fan is, why does he get to drop a flag right into someone's face, but when Cam reacts, Cam's the bad guy? If you don't want someone to take something from you, don't be a jerk and throw it in their face.  

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Okay, then if someone drops a flag of the 12th man right in a player's face, he deserves to have it taken and thrown across the field.  Why is it that whoever this fan is, why does he get to drop a flag right into someone's face, but when Cam reacts, Cam's the bad guy? If you don't want someone to take something from you, don't be a jerk and throw it in their face.  

Because the fan is a nobody.  He is not the face of an organization,  he is not the one children look up to, he is not the one being paid millions to be a professional.  Professionalism is more than just being good at your job.  

46 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Because the fan is a nobody.  He is not the face of an organization,  he is not the one children look up to, he is not the one being paid millions to be a professional.  Professionalism is more than just being good at your job.  

Right, and everyone does things that aren't always agreeable.  When you're in the national spotlight, there's always going to be someone that disagrees with something you do.  It's unrealistic for any football fan to expect perfection, because it's subjective anyway.  By and large, despite these two incidents, Cam's body of work is much more professional that many, and he's regarded as such.  He just won the Ed Block Courage Award for heaven's sake.  He threw a flag owned by a guy who deserved it - professionalism aside - and it just simply doesn't reflect that poorly on Cam.  He didn't make a personal attack on an entire city or the beneficiaries of charitable giving, and certainly not personally to a woman on the opposite end of the country he didn't know existed watching at home from her couch.The guy will get his flag back in the same condition as it was when it was taken, if he hasn't already.  It's just a flag.

The things people get worked up over and are called trash for these days........

Cam is overly criticized and nitpicked for the stupidest stuff. He dances, or has some sign "controversy". Or he names his kid something people don't like.

I am starting to hope the guy wins it all now and becomes SB MVP and dances at the Super Bowl while getting the Lombardi.

Glad to see people in this thread sticking up for him too.

I agree with the posts from above. Look like Panther fans had the flag and just gave it to him. He can do whatever he wants with it. They are also in Carolina!! Not in Seattle. Seahawks fans are just butt hurt because they lost. If you don't want him to do his dance or other silly but funny things than don't let the Panthers win. It just that simple. Either win and boast or lose and suck it up. 

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Right, and everyone does things that aren't always agreeable.  When you're in the national spotlight, there's always going to be someone that disagrees with something you do.  It's unrealistic for any football fan to expect perfection, because it's subjective anyway.  By and large, despite these two incidents, Cam's body of work is much more professional that many, and he's regarded as such.  He just won the Ed Block Courage Award for heaven's sake.  He threw a flag owned by a guy who deserved it - professionalism aside - and it just simply doesn't reflect that poorly on Cam.  He didn't make a personal attack on an entire city or the beneficiaries of charitable giving, and certainly not personally to a woman on the opposite end of the country he didn't know existed watching at home from her couch.The guy will get his flag back in the same condition as it was when it was taken, if he hasn't already.  It's just a flag.

Taking someones flag, balling it up, and tossing it is not subjective.  Taking down someones banner, balling it up, and taking it in to throw it away, is not subjective.  Someone who is in the national spotlight should always be aware of what they are doing and how it will look. 

So I take it you're all about stomping, burning, and disrespecting the American flag too then.  May be ruled freedom of speech, but it in no less offends a massive part of the nation.  But hey, its just a flag right?

Just now, Narcosys said:

Taking someones flag, balling it up, and tossing it is not subjective.  Taking down someones banner, balling it up, and taking it in to throw it away, is not subjective.  Someone who is in the national spotlight should always be aware of what they are doing and how it will look. 

So I take it you're all about stomping, burning, and disrespecting the American flag too then.  May be ruled freedom of speech, but it in no less offends a massive part of the nation.  But hey, its just a flag right?

OMG.......stop........

This thread is a disaster already. Comparing the American flag now to this is just going overboard.

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

No it is not.

The American flag represent the US.  The Texas flag represents Texans, and the 12th man flag represents the Seattle fan base.  Just because it is a smaller flag, in no way lessens the importance of the symbol to those people.  You cannot make exceptions just because you disagree.  The basic principle of it being a symbol and having meaning is still the same.

Nonsense. .

She shouldn't have dangled it over the field of it meant that much to her.    Much ado about nothing.   

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Nonsense. .

She shouldn't have dangled it over the field of it meant that much to her.    Much ado about nothing.   

It wasn't the flag itself but what it represented to her that she took offense to.  Plus the woman who wrote the letter was not the one who lost the flag.   Again, you guys are focusing more on the flag itself rather than what it means to people. 

Plus, how "sportsmanlike" of Cam of doing that after you already beat them.  It shows his continued disrespect of people.  he is praised in his community because they are HIS FANS, but anything outside of Carolina, he shows how unprofessional and classless he can be.

He has a broad history of being unprofessional and disrespectful since college.  Now he is on a much grander scale and continues to act the same. 

I can guarantee if the name of Cam Newton was replaced with Tom Brady, everyone here would be singing a different tune. 

It wasn't the flag itself but what it represented to her that she took offense to.  Plus the woman who wrote the letter was not the one who lost the flag.   Again, you guys are focusing more on the flag itself rather than what it means to people. 

Plus, how "sportsmanlike" of Cam of doing that after you already beat them.  It shows his continued disrespect of people.  he is praised in his community because they are HIS FANS, but anything outside of Carolina, he shows how unprofessional and classless he can be.

He has a broad history of being unprofessional and disrespectful since college.  Now he is on a much grander scale and continues to act the same. 

I can guarantee if the name of Cam Newton was replaced with Tom Brady, everyone here would be singing a different tune. 

He sounds like a real scum bags

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25387148/cam-newton-feeds-900-kids-holds-dabbing-contest-at-thanksgiving-jam

Big deal

So when Newton ran by a Seattle fan dangling a "12th man" flag in front of him, he snatched it from the fan and threw it on the ground in an emphatic fashion. Again, all in good fun.

He was playing around according to the writer of the story he just won a really big game he's happy  obviously .

Losers cry  just ask the 12'th man

25 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

No it is not.

The American flag represent the US.  The Texas flag represents Texans, and the 12th man flag represents the Seattle fan base.  Just because it is a smaller flag, in no way lessens the importance of the symbol to those people.  You cannot make exceptions just because you disagree.  The basic principle of it being a symbol and having meaning is still the same.

Knowing some of the liberals in Seattle, the 12th man flag means more to them than the American flag.

kODvZo.gif

31 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

To the first paragraph, okay. Fine still not a big deal.

To your second paragraph, that's nonsense. Theres a clear difference between the US flag and any other flag. I'm not even going to entertain the idea that the 12th man flag should have a protected status. It's dismissible on the merits alone. 

Finally, If this thread were a flag, I would burn it.

Just now, Narcosys said:

What is this?  Broken I think, at least it is for me.

Not important but nice little jab here by you:

Knowing some of the liberals in Seattle, the 12th man flag means more to them than the American flag.

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

To the first paragraph, okay. Fine still not a big deal.

To your second paragraph, that's nonsense. Theres a clear difference between the US flag and any other flag. I'm not even going to entertain the idea that the 12th man flag should have a protected status. It's dismissible on the merits alone. 

3. If this thread were a flag, I would burn it.

Legally yes, but symbolic to the people, no there is no difference.  Does the flag represent a large group of people? Yes.  Does it hold a larger meaning to the people with whom it represents? Yes. 

Again, you are continually addressing the flag itself, and not the disrespect that was shown to a large group of people

15 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Doesn't change a single fact that outside of Carolina, he acts like a little punk.  Some example to those kids.

The cam newton foundation does work outside Carolina.    Did cam steal your girlfriend in elementary school or something? 

As far as scumbags in the nfl,  there are tons more deserving of that title before you get into cams zip code 

4 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Legally yes, but symbolic to the people, no there is no difference.  Does the flag represent a large group of people? Yes.  Does it hold a larger meaning to the people with whom it represents? Yes. 

Again, you are continually addressing the flag itself, and not the disrespect that was shown to a large group of people

How about the disrespect of trying to dangle it in his face.  

And the fan disrespected camp, he deserved to have his flag taken. This man, on behalf of the entire 12th man fanbase took it upon himself to disrespect one football player. It goes both ways.

More importantly, if not realistically, this wouldn't even have been a new story but for the woman posting her open letter for everyone to see. I haven't seen any other open letters or distraught Seahawks fans granted I haven't looked since lunch when this conversation started

Just now, jvan1973 said:

How about the disrespect of trying to dangle it in his face.  

Who is the role model?  Who has to be aware of what they represent, and be careful of how they have to portray themselves?  This was addressed many posts up.  There are more scumbags out there, but none of them are getting any excuses like cam does, made evident by all of you. 

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Here he is at it again.  Last time it was the packers sign.  In which they were given permission.  But his defendants came out in droves claiming the stadium rules that nothing can be attached and that's why Cam took it down.  How about now?

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/carolina-panthers-seattle-seahawks-classless-cam-newton-letter-011916

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbluSFh7AZE

Dude is straight up trash. Some role model.

BFD, BFD, BFD, BFD, BFD, BFD