Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just bought my tickets to the Wembley game! WAHOO!

Chucklez

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Chucklez said:

My wife was saving up for these for me as a birthday gift (my b-day is in mid September) ever since they announced it. They were not cheap so I know what you mean, definitely wouldn't have been able to afford them otherwise.

I'd be ok with paying it, it's a once in a lifetime thing almost, but people I'm going with aren't as harcore NFL fans so don't want to pay for the club seats.. waiting nervously for Thursday...

22 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I'd be ok with paying it, it's a once in a lifetime thing almost, but people I'm going with aren't as harcore NFL fans so don't want to pay for the club seats.. waiting nervously for Thursday...

You'll have to be quick on Thursday. Like bang on 10am. Good luck my friend! I hope you get them.

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Hope you got a good camera.  I'd love to see pictures from a fan.  I have no idea how and where to load that stuff up to, but I'm sure Nadine can help out in that department.  If nothing else, you can upload to your profile I guess. 

Anyhow, enjoy it, friend. 

I was planning on taking a few pics so I'll upload them or link to a online gallery when I do. 

12 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Hope you got a good camera.  I'd love to see pictures from a fan.  I have no idea how and where to load that stuff up to, but I'm sure Nadine can help out in that department.  If nothing else, you can upload to your profile I guess. 

Anyhow, enjoy it, friend. 

I've got a GoPro so I'll probably take that and get some cool shots. I could just re-save the files as low res .jpgs and post them in a titled thread after the game?

1 hour ago, UKColt13 said:

Me and my brother will be there. Nosebleed tier. First NFL game is watching the Colts.

Wonderful.

3 hours ago, Nadine said:

I need a jealous emoticon!

My daughter just happens to be scheduled to be in London when the game is on.  she's going to try and get tickets if it's not too $$

The cheaper tickets go on sale on Thursday at 10am UK time. (I believe that is 5am eastern time in the US). 

I think the cheapest tickets will be about £40, right up in the heavens, but Wembley is a good stadium and it would still be great. £40 currently equates to about $57 ish... By the time you pay for the postage and handling fees etc you are probably looking at about $65.

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

Hank Baskett hadn't that's for sure....

I think closer the time I'll crack open a "Going to Wembley" topic, have you been before?

To Wembley? Yeah a few times, once for the Olympics to watch Mexico vs Senegal in 2012 and another time to see an England friendly.

It's a good stadium. Most seats will offer a good view of the field, even if you are a tad high up.

I'm glad you guys get to see the Colts, but personally, I hate that they're playing overseas.  I think this means I have to watch the game on the internet, right?  At least it's not a home game.

Sorry to be a downer in your happy thread, but I'm against expansion.  IMO, it's the NFL's version of the golden goose. 

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I'm glad you guys get to see the Colts, but personally, I hate that they're playing overseas.  I think this means I have to watch the game on the internet, right?  At least it's not a home game.

Sorry to be a downer in your happy thread, but I'm against expansion.  IMO, it's the NFL's version of the golden goose. 

I actually kind of agree that a London based team is a bad idea for the NFL.... Imagine flying from San Fran or LA to London or vice-versa to play a single game, then fly all the way back to play at home or in Seattle?

For any of you that dont know, London to Denver is a 10 to 10 and a half hour flight.... San Fran and LA are at least another 2 - 2 and a half hours from Denver. So you're talking about a 13 hour flight... Long way.

English soccer teams are known to do this if they are playing an eastern Russian team in a european cup game, but this happens once or maybe maximum twice in a whole year.... Not potentially every other week during the season.

15 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

If I recall correctly, previous games played in the UK have been Nationally televised, but it's like 9 a.m. eastern

12 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

If I recall correctly, previous games played in the UK have been Nationally televised, but it's like 9 a.m. eastern

I think I read somewhere that it will be streamed online. 

Though I dont personally see a problem with that?... Just get an HDMI and plug it into your tv..... derp?....

2 hours ago, Chucklez said:

To Wembley? Yeah a few times, once for the Olympics to watch Mexico vs Senegal in 2012 and another time to see an England friendly.

It's a good stadium. Most seats will offer a good view of the field, even if you are a tad high up.

This will be my 3rd trip too, once for the aforementioned Jags/49ers and I also saw Preston in the play off final last year. 

I like it very much as a stadium, as much as it got bad press it's a very impressive facility. 

my daughters boss just bought the whole office tickets to this game.  They'll be there for a trade show.

Seats look awesome Premium Sideline level 2 sounds good to me........on account of the word Premium

lucky girl!

Loud and proud Indy fans will be there!

3 minutes ago, Nadine said:

my daughters boss just bought the whole office tickets to this game.  They'll be there for a trade show.

Seats look awesome Premium Sideline level 2 sounds good to me........on account of the word Premium

lucky girl!

Loud and proud Indy fans will be there!

Do they have any jobs going? Sounds like a place I'd love to work :p!

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

Do they have any jobs going? Sounds like a place I'd love to work :p!

Bunch of engineers (except for my daughter), it's some kind of an annual European Microwave show or something.  Last year it was in Paris.  I do envy her the places she gets to go.  Her boss is so nice to her.  She's lucky for sure.

She was already excited to go to London because she spent a semester there when she was in college and loves the city.  Seeing things from the 'other side' now.  No mice infested flat for her this time

Congrats to all who'll be there to attend the game. Yes, please take some great pics of you guys if you can & upload. Nothing better than enjoying a Colts game with fans of our own ilk & seeing those pics on the forum.

Enjoy the game & yourselves, compadres! :) 

2 hours ago, Detectacon said:

I was trying to talk the wife into a London trip and catch the game while there. Somehow I am painting the entire house and getting new flooring instead...........:scratch:

Hilarious!  My buddies and I meet in Indy for a game every year.  We actually floated the idea of going to London.  Then my wife and kids said they'd be going too.  So, that's out.

At least I don't have to paint the house.

10 hours ago, Detectacon said:

I was trying to talk the wife into a London trip and catch the game while there. Somehow I am painting the entire house and getting new flooring instead...........:scratch:

We've all been there my friend...

I wanted a new 50inch, 4000k TV whereas what we actually got was a new carpet in our hall way and I had to install more flooring in our attic.

3 Tickets secured, up in the gods but at least it's at the halfway line. 

For anyone going that's not from London and coming from North of London I highly recommend parking near Stanmore Tube and getting there that way. Plenty of side streets within walking distance that are free to park on. 

Glad you guys got your tickets :) 

Seriously though we should organise a few Colts Forum members drinks or something before the game. We can do all that a bit closer to the date but it would be cool to all meet up, especially with anyone making the trip across the pond too.

55 minutes ago, CroatianColtsFan21 said:

I just bought mines too!

Section 506, way up, just the way i wanted! (cheaper price and the experience of such a big stadium).

The buying process was actually quite smooth and stress-free.

Now i have 6 months to figure out the flights and hotels.. And shopping in london with my girl? Bacruptcy here we come! Wooohooo!

no kidding about the $$$, London is EXPENSIVE.