Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 out of four gifts for Colts fans

indyagent17

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

I guess colts fans love Seattle, New England and Pittsburgh winning titles, so for those you who disagree. Go Root for New England next week.

Ā 

I just don't see the connection.Ā  Colts fans love the Colts winning titles.Ā  Aside from that, I would think that we all have our own individual opinions regarding other teams.

I like Carolina. I like Seattle.Ā 

Ā 

Glad Pittsburgh is gone though. Hope New England loses next week. I honestly would rather see the Panthers in the super bowl than the Cardinals.

Ā 

None of it is a gift for Colts fans though. A gift would be us actually in the playoffs ourselves.

Colts fans like the Colts. I'm not sure why all Colts fans have to hate the Seahawks, Panthers, and Steelers. Everybody who's not a Pats fan hates the Pats, and the same is mostly true for the Seahawks because of their bandwagon fans. But the Panthers are completely unlinked to the Colts and the Steelers haven't done much to us except beat us a lot (still, not that much rivalry there). Generalizing all of us into hating one team isn't really the most accurate portrayal of each ofĀ our beliefs.

46 minutes ago, SteelDragon said:

I'm just rooting for New England to lose. I take especially great delight when they have their hearts ripped out in the Superbowl. I really don't want to think about what it's going to mean if Brady wins number five.Ā 

Ā 

This. A thousand times, this.

I try really hard to be an adult and not be petty, but I can't help the glee I feel sometimes when things don't go their way.

3 hours ago, JCPatriot said:

Ā 

I just don't see the connection.Ā  Colts fans love the Colts winning titles.Ā  Aside from that, I would think that we all have our own individual opinions regarding other teams.

Ā 

Not sure how anyone hasn't addressed this, but Denver has Peyton Manning and Arizona has Bruce Arians.

Ā 

For any die-hard Colts' fan (I know we all want the Colts to win), I think it should be easy to comprehend the amount of joy that Peyton and B.A. were directly/indirectly responsible for giving us 'watchers' over the past decade or more.

Ā 

I would be very happy to see Peyton knock of Brady and the Pats.Ā  I would be very happy for Peyton to win another SB ring and go out on top.Ā  I would also be happy to see B.A. having success.

Ā 

Of course, if the Colts were still in it, I wouldn't want either of those things, but since they are out and since I'm a football fan and a fan, I have to root for the guys that helped the Colts in the recent past.

14 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Ā 

Not sure how anyone hasn't addressed this, but Denver has Peyton Manning and Arizona has Bruce Arians.

Ā 

For any die-hard Colts' fan (I know we all want the Colts to win), I think it should be easy to comprehend the amount of joy that Peyton and B.A. were directly/indirectly responsible for giving us 'watchers' over the past decade or more.

Ā 

I would be very happy to see Peyton knock of Brady and the Pats.Ā  I would be very happy for Peyton to win another SB ring and go out on top.Ā  I would also be happy to see B.A. having success.

Ā 

Of course, if the Colts were still in it, I wouldn't want either of those things, but since they are out and since I'm a football fan and a fan, I have to root for the guys that helped the Colts in the recent past.

Peyton is my favorite player of all-time but if Denver was playing the Colts I would root for the Colts. I was a Colts fan before we even got Peyton. When we beat them last season in the Playoffs that was very enjoyable. That was a huge win for Andrew.

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

The only gift will be the Patrtiots getting stomped in the Super Bowl. We all know Manning and his mannequin arm aren't beating the Pats.

I disagree. The Broncos have excellent Defense and SPTeams + can run the ball. If Manning doesn't turn it over, Broncos will win. Everyone is picking the Pats in this game as well on ESPN and the NFL Channel and Vegas has the Pats favored by 2.5 so far. Manning not being the favorite takes the pressure off of him IMO.

I can see how the OP irritated some here. Ā Not all Colts fans continue to support Peyton or Bruce, and that's okay.

Ā 

There are quite a few in ColtsNation that do still follow and support them, and I am one of them, so I totally get your opening message. Ā 

Ā 

It was pretty obvious after Luck went down this season that the Colts weren't going to go far in (or even make) the playoffs. Ā Ā 

Ā 

Of the 4 teams left, I think for any Colts fans, a Denver vs. Arizona would be a fun match-up for the Super Bowl. Ā  Ā I know that is what I'm hoping for.

8 hours ago, Andrew Luck's Beard said:

Colts fans like the Colts. I'm not sure why all Colts fans have to hate the Seahawks, Panthers, and Steelers. Everybody who's not a Pats fan hates the Pats, and the same is mostly true for the Seahawks because of their bandwagon fans. But the Panthers are completely unlinked to the Colts and the Steelers haven't done much to us except beat us a lot (still, not that much rivalry there). Generalizing all of us into hating one team isn't really the most accurate portrayal of each ofĀ our beliefs.

Ā 

Ā 

The he steelers beat us in 1995 and while I never got to see that game, I have been a colts fan all my life, so hearing nothing but stories going into the 2005 playoff game, I came out of that game very * at the steelers. They haven't just beat us a lot. They have ended ourĀ playoff hopes at least twice.Ā 

Ā 

And as for the she pats I can only say their division comes close to hating them as much as we do, and if you didn't watch the numerous playoff games vs the pats then I'd say you're a newer colts fan.Ā 

12 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Pitt and Seattle go down, now New Cheaterland and Carolina need to go nextĀ 

Ā 

Hoping for a Denver and Arizona SB

Ā 

I don't think Denver could beat AZ.Ā  Don't think the Broncos line would block well enough for Peyton to get the W. And I know Denver wouldn't be able to run on them.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

The only gift will be the Patrtiots getting stomped in the Super Bowl. We all know Manning and his mannequin arm aren't beating the Pats.

Ā 

I think they can beat the Pats at home as long as they don't fall for the usual Pats trick when these games happen.Ā  If the Broncos can stick with a balanced football game they can win.Ā  The Pats are at their best on defense whenever they can make you one dimensional.Ā  Peyton and Kubiak have to resist the urge of slinging the football all over the yard.

I can understand this thinking because you don't want rival fans sticking rings in your nose. For me, division rivals Bengals and Steelers are gone, check, check. Next, although I hate the Denver fans and Elway, I love Manning, and obviously I would like to see scheming Patriots go down. Then I would prefer to see an NFC team win in the Cardinal or Panthers. These have been downtrodden teams in the NFC, that I really have no animosity towards. Now that being said, as much as I dislike Elway and the Denver fans, if Denver can beat NE, I can't say I would be unhappy to see Peyton go out on top in the SB. He has had to take a lot of guff from the NE Chowderheads over the years.Ā 

42 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Ā 

Ā 

The he steelers beat us in 1995 and while I never got to see that game, I have been a colts fan all my life, so hearing nothing but stories going into the 2005 playoff game, I came out of that game very * at the steelers. They haven't just beat us a lot. They have ended ourĀ playoff hopes at least twice.Ā 

Ā 

And as for the she pats I can only say their division comes close to hating them as much as we do, and if you didn't watch the numerous playoff games vs the pats then I'd say you're a newer colts fan.Ā 

I'v never understood the sentimentĀ of hating anotherĀ team that your team can never beat. I mean I get it. But I would think you should be more upset with your team for not being able to get the job done. As opposed to hating another team for doing their job and winning.

1 minute ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

I'v never understood the sentimentĀ of hating anotherĀ team that your team can never beat. I mean I get it. But I would think you should be more upset with your team for not being able to get the job done. As opposed to hating another team for doing their job and winning.

The 95 AFC championship game against theĀ steelers is a particularly festered wound given that they won on an illegal play. My dad to this day still screams "HE WAS OUT OF BOUNDS" at the mere mention of it.

56 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

As as for the pats I can only say their division comes close to hating them as much as we do, and if you didn't watch the numerous playoff games vs the pats then I'd say you're a newer colts fan.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

So you didn't watch the games?

6 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Oh, it's easy to comprehend, but you shouldn't pretend that everyone feels that way, because they don't.

JCPatriot is correct in that, beyond the Colts winning, we part ways..........though I'd suspect the vast majority, or even all, want the Pats out, asap, or in humiliating fashion.

Ā 

To me? I want the Cards to destroy either AFC team.Ā 

Love Peyton, and would love to see him win another SB............with the Colts.