Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arian Foster or Marshawn Lynch?

So with speculations that both these running backs will be release by their respective teams, which one would you rather go after in Free Agency? Both of them will be 30 years old going into next season. Would you want one of them to pair up with Gore? I know having two old running backs on a team could be a bad idea. Would you go after one of them if Gore is release? 

I like both these running backs. Foster have the speed but can't stay healthy while Lynch is just Beast Mode. Thoughts?

I wouldn't sign either one unless we cut Gore and got Lynch at the same price. We need to get younger on both sides. I'd draft a RB or 2 in the 3rd/4th rounds. But if we cut Gore and did sign one of these 2. Its gotta be Marshawn. He's the better of the two first of all IMO. 2nd. Foster's always hurt. 3rd Beast Mode is a mean player lol, and that's what I've been saying we've needed from the start. I don't want any more nice guys. I'd want Lynch because he'll run it down you're throat and then taunt you over it LOL. We need to get some aggressive players like him one way or another.

13 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

The experiment on Gore obviously didn't work.  Thanks Grigson for another signing failure.  Hopefully you'll listen to the fans and your coaches on what the team needs if you expect to be here another year...

Lol your pretty dumb...... gore was how many yards short of having a 1,000? He was very very far away from being a failure. If your a GM or head coach you don't listen too fans you do what's best for the team. As john madden said "if you listen to the fans you'll become one". He's the most productive back we've had in awhile.....

I'm not sure either is a good fit....

Foster is at an age where he's hurt more than he's healthy.     We've had plenty of those backs.

And Lynch is more of a big city urban kind of guy.      I don't see him fitting in with sleepy quiet Indianapolis.  

Square peg,  round hole.    

I think we'll have to find a different running back in free agency.....

Neither... Foster if I had to choose... He's just an awesome guy, in general...

Maybe we can sign Foster, Bradshaw, keep Gore and see who is left standing at midseason... Hint: it'll be Gore, despite his age... 

Like others have said, we need to get a guy who can start for the next few years after Frank leaves... I think Lynch and Foster will both retire before Gore does. I mean, unless they all call it quits at the same time (likely, imo) 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Foster is at an age where he's hurt more than he's healthy.     We've had plenty of those backs.

And Lynch is more of a big city urban kind of guy.      I don't see him fitting in with sleepy quiet Indianapolis.  

Square peg,  round hole.    

I think we'll have to find a different running back in free agency.....

Lynch is well known for loving his privacy and separation from mass media.

"I'm just here so I don't get fined"

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Based on?

Seems like unsubstantiated nonsense to me.

Any other stereotypes you want to share?

12 minutes ago, James said:

Based on?

Seems like unsubstantiated nonsense to me.

Any other stereotypes you want to share?

He's from Oakland.    He still loves the Bay Area.

He likes Seattle.

He didn't like Buffalo.

I've never been to Indy,  but I don't think anyone would confuse the Bay Area or Seattle with Indy.

Neither.

Lynch is getting up there in age, coming off nagging injuries, and not someone I want in my locker room.

I love Arian, excellent if we were to move to a ZBS. Although him having an injury history that is beyond extensive worries me greatly.

I'm good with a mid round draft pick this year and an early round pick next year   

George Allen built a team of geriatrics and it was the talk of the town. The Colts are the oldest or one of the oldest teams in the NFL. Stop looking at players that have passed their prime hoping to squeeze one last drop of blood from them. If the Colts can't recognize college talent or young NFL players then hire someone that can. The Colts decided to keep their GM and head coach while dumping many assistants, OK now go for a "plan" and it does not have to be focused on winning now. Don't lose sight of other AFC teams that will be in the running for the next four years and the Colts must beat them all in the playoffs. We are so close but close means you watch the Super Bowl instead of playing in it.

Maybe we could draft Devontae Booker in the 3rd and Paul Perkins in the 4th and we'd have our backs of the future. I'm all about the 2 RB idea. One that's more of a big power back, then one that's a lightning fast homerun type. I also hope we get Keith Marshall as an UDFA.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Maybe we could draft Devontae Booker in the 3rd and Paul Perkins in the 4th and we'd have our backs of the future. I'm all about the 2 RB idea. One that's more of a big power back, then one that's a lightning fast homerun type. I also hope we get Keith Marshall as an UDFA.

If you use two high draft picks for RB's and another on the OL,  then you've used 3 of the top 4 picks on offense.

That leaves only 1 high pick for defense.

I think our defensive needs far outweigh our offensive needs right now.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you use two high draft picks for RB's and another on the OL,  then you've used 3 of the top 4 picks on offense.

That leaves only 1 high pick for defense.

I think our defensive needs far outweigh our offensive needs right now.

True. I'm just always thinking of different possibilities. But we definitely need to invest at least 2 of our first 3 picks on D.

Draft Booker or Freeman out of Oregon.  Late like 5th round or so if they are still there.  Need OL and Defense help!  I wouldn't mind going defense early and OL afterwards.  Since it takes roughly a year or two for oline to develop anyways.  Defense can start off the bat! 

Which one of these backs was closest to 1000 yards this season? Frank Gore , Arian Foster, Beast Mode? I will keep my Frank Gore because he is the likeliest of the 3 of them to stay healthy for a full season. I would keep Gore and draft a young beast mode.

Archived