Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittsburgh's Brown ruled OUT for Sunday's game

Gramz

I don't want to see anybody hurt but this has to help the Broncos and (hopefully) gets them one step closer to the SB. He torched the Broncos for 169 yards last time and the lack of his presence has to help Denver's chances. My concern for Denver is; can the run the ball and how will Peyton play?

I would LOVE to see Peyton go out with another ring!

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

I don't want to see anybody hurt but this has to help the Broncos and (hopefully) gets them one step closer to the SB. He torched the Broncos for 169 yards last time and the lack of his presence has to help Denver's chances. My concern for Denver is; can the run the ball and how will Peyton play?

I would LOVE to see Peyton go out with another ring!

I don't like to see anyone injured either and preferred that he played because now if Denver wins Pittsburgh fans have a built in excuse to why they lost. I was just over at ESPN and the Pitt fans on those Boards are already saying if Brown was playing we would win by double digits so you Denver fans got lucky. I got news for Pitt fans even if Brown was playing, A. you weren't winning by double digits, B. you weren't winning period!

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When Peyton goes out a SB Champion I cant wait to read all the excuses Steelers and Pats fans have in the offseason. They all will also have to take back all of their stupid choke comments about Peyton. At that point 9 1 and done's doesn't even matter if you have won 2 Ring's and been to 4 SB's.

I like your "optimism",  and of course  I am hoping for the same storybook ending you are.

Where we differ is,   I choose to wait and see what unfolds and make my comments after the games.

Contrary to what some here seem to think they know about me,  there is no obsession here.  I am just simply a fan who would like to see Peyton walk away on top.   That's all.  

I think sometimes I get a little over the top regarding Peyton, maybe protective when it comes to Peyton. It stems from all of the Pats fans and Steelers fans over the years calling him a choker. After a while I just get sick of reading the stuff. It also stems from, he is our best player in franchise history and is why we have a team here in reality. Had we drafted Leaf instead I don't think we would have a team in Indy today. The stuff is there so I am going to read it, cant ignore it when one has chatted in sports forum's for years. I don't have an obsession with Peyton winning it but would love to see it and I picked Denver to win the SB before the season started so have to back them up as much as possible and be confident in saying they are going to win. @Luck12 to Hilton 13, why would you want the Steelers to win? I mean that is your prerogative but rooting for the Steelers or Patriots unless it helps the Colts out in some way just doesn't make sense to me. Those are the last 2 teams I would root for. Peyton winning doesn't make the Colts look bad trust me, we still made the right decision by letting him go and drafting Luck regardless of what happens if that is why you want Peyton to lose. Luck has 10-15 years left so that had to be done.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When Peyton goes out a SB Champion I cant wait to read all the excuses Steelers and Pats fans have in the offseason. They all will also have to take back all of their stupid choke comments about Peyton. At that point 9 1 and done's doesn't even matter if you have won 2 Ring's and been to 4 SB's.

That would be great. Hope you're correct, 06CBE. A lot of things have to happen. 3 HUGE games for that prediction to come true.

9 minutes ago, wig said:

Unfortunate.  I thought the Steelers would win the SB, under the assumption their best players would remain healthy.

Even with the Steelers healthy, I'm afraid they'd have a very tough time with the teams they are about to face anyway. On the road, great defenses & offenses. Not to say they couldn't pull it off, but the likelihood of a SB victory for them? I would've given them a 15% chance at most given the NFC teams if they made it to the SB.

57 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think sometimes I get a little over the top regarding Peyton, maybe protective when it comes to Peyton. It stems from all of the Pats fans and Steelers fans over the years calling him a choker. After a while I just get sick of reading the stuff. It also stems from, he is our best player in franchise history and is why we have a team here in reality. Had we drafted Leaf instead I don't think we would have a team in Indy today. The stuff is there so I am going to read it, cant ignore it when one has chatted in sports forum's for years. I don't have an obsession with Peyton winning it but would love to see it and I picked Denver to win the SB before the season started so have to back them up as much as possible and be confident in saying they are going to win. @Luck12 to Hilton 13, why would you want the Steelers to win? I mean that is your prerogative but rooting for the Steelers or Patriots unless it helps the Colts out in some way just doesn't make sense to me. Those are the last 2 teams I would root for. Peyton winning doesn't make the Colts look bad trust me, we still made the right decision by letting him go and drafting Luck regardless of what happens if that is why you want Peyton to lose. Luck has 10-15 years left so that had to be done.

Just because I don't wanna see Peyton vs Brady in the AFC title game. I LOVE Peyton, I'm not necessarily going against him. I just get tired of seeing Brady vs Manning in AFC title just about every year. 

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just cause I get tired of seeing Peyton vs Brady in the AFC title game just about every year. I LOVE Peyton, I'm not necessarily going against him. I just don't wanna see Brady vs Manning any longer. It's to the point where it's really boring now. Just my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Just because I don't wanna see Peyton vs Brady in the AFC title game. I LOVE Peyton, I'm not necessarily going against him. I just get tired of seeing Brady vs Manning in AFC title just about every year. 

That's cool and I was just wondering your reason so I hope you didn't take offense to me asking. I kind of do want to see Brady vs Manning though just because this will be the last possible time we see it IMO. Peyton probably will retire. Don't get me wrong I would love to see the Chiefs upset the Patriots and picked it but watching Manning beat Brady in the big game 1 last time would bring me joy.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's cool and I was just wondering your reason so I hope you didn't take offense to me asking. I kind of do want to see Brady vs Manning though just because this will be the last possible time we see it IMO. Peyton probably will retire. Don't get me wrong I would love to see the Chiefs upset the Patriots and picked it but watching Manning beat Brady in the big game 1 last time would bring me joy.

None taking

3 hours ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

I like your "optimism",  and of course  I am hoping for the same storybook ending you are.

Where we differ is,   I choose to wait and see what unfolds and make my comments after the games.

Contrary to what some here seem to think they know about me,  there is no obsession here.  I am just simply a fan who would like to see Peyton walk away on top.   That's all.  

There is absolutely zero doubt in my mind that the AFC title game will be Pats vs Broncos

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A la 2006? If Peyton is anywhere near fully healthy and can get the ball down the field, the Broncos have a real shot.

But we all know, there are some games to play and nothing is for certain. 

Pittsburgh still has Martavis Bryant and Wheaton. Also, DHB has been serviceable this year. Let's not forget Big Ben is still playing, so saying that a Denver win is a forgone conclusion is quite erroneous. Peyton Manning has also played some pretty putrid football this year. Denver might just lose.