Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft Ezekiel Elliot

Here why I take him

1. Personally I think he's better then any back in college now so why wait to take a back who isn't as good.

2. We need a Rb when you can run it opens up the pass.

3. I feel he's a can't miss prospect 

4 . Ok I get the defense isn't that good but there's more rounds and FA 

If Elliot fell to the Colts in the 2nd round, I be all for it. The Colts just have to many other needs than a RB that can be had in later rounds. Paul Perkins and Davontae Booker would be better choices IMO. Check out Booker against UCLA in 2014.

Yay another RB who cant run behind our line!!

Wait til next year. Gore has some tread left especially behind an improved line.

NIck Chubb, McCaffrey, Fournette, Dalvin Cook and others are coming out next year. There'll be a few of them there in the 2nd next year.

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

IMO the center position needs to be the first priority. If there is a center who is worth the #1 pick I would go that route. If not the best defensive player on the board. Taking a RB does not help with the most needed positions.

Stay away from Elliott and all RB's. The 2017 class is loaded. We have bigger fish to fry.

We stink at C its a joke we went with Holmes this year easily the weakest link on the team. Isn't very good can't stay healthy 

I don't want to go through a rookie. We need a FA. I think Grig's will try to make a splash and go get Mack. I'd love it would rather cheaper younger Wisnewski or Jones but I'm not complaining. 

Im not as sold on Good as some I would draft a RT but it sounds like Goiod will get a shot. I still say draft a guy like Marz if Good wins the job he can go inside at RG. I'd like Allen from KC in FA too. He can play RT both G spots. Finally having a C will be a huge improvement . 

The draft lets get some D. 1st Noah Spence OLB there is a pass rush 2. Billings DT 3, Fackell OLB 4. Martinez ILB 5 Slater RT 7 Cyrus Jones CB/KR. I really want to trade back get an extra pick and grab Russell CB from ND 

6 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

He is definitely not the best RB in college. You forgot about Fournette and Dalvin Cook. They are worth waiting for.

3 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Dalvin Cook is the best pro prospect IMO.  

Have you guys seen Derrick Henry's replacement Bo Scarborough? He's eligible for next years draft as well I believe. 

CQK-EGvWEAAMNaw.jpg

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2606701-alabamas-secret-superstar-bo-scarbrough-may-not-even-play-in-title-game

He stands 6’2” and weighs 240 pounds—his ideal playing body. He has a bench press of 475 pounds and a squat of 540 pounds. He was recently clocked at 4.4 seconds in the 40-yard dash and has clocked sub-4.4 40s in the past.

12 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Have you guys seen Derrick Henry's replacement Bo Scarborough? He's eligible for next years draft as well I believe. 

CQK-EGvWEAAMNaw.jpg

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2606701-alabamas-secret-superstar-bo-scarbrough-may-not-even-play-in-title-game

Reminds me too much of T-Rich. Super strong RB that had crazy weight room numbers.

Alabama RBs are the ultimate "system players" in CFB. That guys measurable are an exact replica of Henry (in terms of height and weight) and T-Rich (in terms of weight room numbers).

7 minutes ago, Dustin said:

CQK-EGvWEAAMNaw.jpg

I know who he is and have read about him, but he hasn't seen much playing time as far as I know.  He will be a redshirt sophmore heading into next season.  Here's what ESPN had to say about him in the recruiting page.  (I had to fix the editing on it since it posted awkwardly):

Size-Strength-Speed:  Big, strong, athletic and straight-line fast prospect. A strong, powerful frame as a load-back with deceptive lateral agility and quickness. His tall and somewhat high-cut frame draws concern from a durability standpoint. He displays impressive leg-strength and power; punishes would-be tacklers on contact.

Ball Skills: His hands and receiving skills are very polished. A player who reads defenses well and shows a strong ability to create separation as a pass catcher.

Versatility:  A talented and dynamic prospect on offense. He has good in-line vision and patience, and can hit it and get downhill when daylight prevails. His upright running style is complimented by very good feet and can effectively pick and stab his way through traffic to avoid the direct hit. Can lower the shoulders and earn quality YAC and finish. He's more of a stretch and get north outside runner than a pure speed threat. A physical presence on the field and has the tools to develop into a very good blocker. Also has the size and athletic skill set that could transition him into a top-tier college linebacker. He does not always use the best technique but can deliver the big hit and can drive through defenders. Flashes very good sideline-to-sideline speed.

Big Play Ability: He shows the ability to split the defense in the second level and outrun closing defenders. He lacks elite initial burst out of cuts but builds strong momentum and has very good top-end speed for his size. He has some shiftiness but is better as a one-cut-and-go runner. He is not a dancer or make you miss guy. On defense, a fast pursuing linebacker with a motor and a penchant for making big plays. He shows he can chase down plays in space or get up field and create havoc as an outside blitzer and pass rusher

Bottom Line:  Scarbrough is one of the more physically gifted and impressive athletes this class has to offer. He could get recruited at multiple positions in college, linebacker or a hybrid RB/H-back role on offense. His versatile playmaking presence on both sides of the ball should make him one of the more coveted prospects in this class.

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Reminds me too much of T-Rich. Super strong RB that had crazy weight room numbers.

Alabama RBs are the ultimate "system players" in CFB. That guys measurable are an exact replica of Henry (in terms of height and weight) and T-Rich (in terms of weight room numbers).

That's really only true of T-Rich. Every other Alabama runningback (Ingram, Yeldon, and Lacy) has had a prosperous career. 

4 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I know who he is and have read about him, but he hasn't seen much playing time as far as I know.  He will be a redshirt sophmore heading into next season.  Here's what ESPN had to say about him in the recruiting page.  (I had to fix the editing on it since it posted awkwardly):

Size-Strength-Speed:  Big, strong, athletic and straight-line fast prospect. A strong, powerful frame as a load-back with deceptive lateral agility and quickness. His tall and somewhat high-cut frame draws concern from a durability standpoint. He displays impressive leg-strength and power; punishes would-be tacklers on contact.

Ball Skills: His hands and receiving skills are very polished. A player who reads defenses well and shows a strong ability to create separation as a pass catcher.

Versatility:  A talented and dynamic prospect on offense. He has good in-line vision and patience, and can hit it and get downhill when daylight prevails. His upright running style is complimented by very good feet and can effectively pick and stab his way through traffic to avoid the direct hit. Can lower the shoulders and earn quality YAC and finish. He's more of a stretch and get north outside runner than a pure speed threat. A physical presence on the field and has the tools to develop into a very good blocker. Also has the size and athletic skill set that could transition him into a top-tier college linebacker. He does not always use the best technique but can deliver the big hit and can drive through defenders. Flashes very good sideline-to-sideline speed.

Big Play Ability: He shows the ability to split the defense in the second level and outrun closing defenders. He lacks elite initial burst out of cuts but builds strong momentum and has very good top-end speed for his size. He has some shiftiness but is better as a one-cut-and-go runner. He is not a dancer or make you miss guy. On defense, a fast pursuing linebacker with a motor and a penchant for making big plays. He shows he can chase down plays in space or get up field and create havoc as an outside blitzer and pass rusher

Bottom Line:  Scarbrough is one of the more physically gifted and impressive athletes this class has to offer. He could get recruited at multiple positions in college, linebacker or a hybrid RB/H-back role on offense. His versatile playmaking presence on both sides of the ball should make him one of the more coveted prospects in this class.

Yeah, he sounds like a freak and is supposedly a more athletic version of Henry. I don't know much about Alabama, but I think he's supposedly their starter next season? I very much look forward to watching him. 

7 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Also, while we're on the topic of runningbacks, I feel like I like Henry a lot more than others due, and wouldn't have a problem taking him in the 2nd round. Thought that of course depends on who is available at the time. 

No way.  He's way too stiff and doesn't have even good speed for ten yards.  If he hits a hole and has a lane he's gone, but he won't have that on Sundays.  Absolutely no lateral movement behind the line.

2 minutes ago, wig said:

No way.  He's way too stiff and doesn't have even good speed for ten yards.  If he hits a hole and has a lane he's gone, but he won't have that on Sundays.  Absolutely no lateral movement behind the line.

Elite balance is more important to me than lateral agility. 

Just now, Dustin said:

Elite balance is more important to me than lateral agility. 

I don't see his balance being that great, represented from a lot of negative plays.  I think he needs to go to a team like Dallas to succeed.  He could be good with a really good O-line, but I think he fails hard without it.

15 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Yeah, he sounds like a freak and is supposedly a more athletic version of Henry. I don't know much about Alabama, but I think he's supposedly their starter next season? I very much look forward to watching him. 

I'm sure we will see him quite a bit next year if the carries to Henry are any indication lol.

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

That's really only true of T-Rich. Every other Alabama runningback (Ingram, Yeldon, and Lacy) has had a prosperous career. 

"Prosperous" is a strong word. Lacy is having a down year, Ingram is okay, and it's too early to judge Yeldon off one season.

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

"Prosperous" is a strong word. Lacy is having a down year, Ingram is okay, and it's too early to judge Yeldon off one season.

Lacy's rushed for 1,000 yards twice and is a two-time pro-bowler. Ingram is good he just doesn't get the carries. He'd be a 1,000 rusher on any other team. Agree on Yeldon. 

The point still stands though. Only Richardson is the one who's teams have really suffered disappointment.  

LOL. The absolute only way I'd be cool with Elliott in the 1st round is if we sign Von Miller, Sean Smith, and Kelechi Osemele in free agency. Which probably wont happen. But that's the only way it'd be ok with it because we'd be getting a dominant pass rusher, a top of the line corner, and an elite guard all in free agency. But I still wouldn't like it. I just wouldn't be mad. Our 1st round pick has to be either a pass rusher or a corner IMO.