Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UPDATE: Rams moving to LA, Chargers pending decision

The Old Crow

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

It's a shame all teams can't use the Packers model, so that fans and cities don't get blackmailed by some of these shiftless owners.

Are you saying you approve of a government coming in and taking private property line imminent domain? 

Does this have anything to do with... you know?

6 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Are you saying you approve of a government coming in and taking private property line imminent domain? 

Does this have anything to do with... you know?

No, you know I am against that stuff. I could make an exception like the anti trust law baseball has , to justify a Packers model in football only. However, it will never happen , but it is cool to be a fan who owns shares of a team. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

The fan base in Oakland has been strong no matter if the Raider win or lose. Their stadium is pure junk and they do need a new one bad.

Yeah I know and they are prolly the most promising team out of the 3. but that's what I was sayin that stadium is a toilet and they really need a new one.

2 hours ago, Solon said:

Especially with Oakland and San Diego. San Diego has wanted a new stadium for years, but hasn't gotten one. Oakland's stadium has a terrible sewage system that overfloods the stadium at times. Those cities has screwed over their teams more than the owners. Fans should be upset at the city, not the owners.

I don't buy that at all.   Studies have shown that cities do not recoup the money spent on stadiums where owners continue to rake in the $$ from the team.

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I don't buy that at all.   Studies have shown that cities do not recoup the money spent on stadiums where owners continue to rake in the $$ from the team.

These owners are all making big money, even the ones with crappy stadiums. You guys mark my words , like sky boxes and PSL's,  the Dallas style mega stadium is the wave of  the future, and the standard the NFL will eventually apply to all its cities. 

37 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Goofy ex- NFL players on NFL network only worried about player branding ! How about some appreciation for the fans that help pay the salary ? 

I never thought of that. Wow...that is definitely true. A fan pays his money to go to the game and the owner goes to another city. Its like scamming people and running away. Therefore stealing. I hope they can get a lawyer to Get that money back...

I wouldnt compare it to Indy though. I read the story and the state was trying to take away the ownership.

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Indy does. Lucas Oil Stadium host around with 3 or 4 events a month besides the Colts. It is also used in the convention mode. The city is paid back by being one of the largest hosting cities in the US. The money made out weighs the money spent.

2 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

I never thought of that. Wow...that is definitely true. A fan pays his money to go to the game and the owner goes to another city. Its like scamming people and running away. Therefore stealing. I hope they can get a lawyer to Get that money back...

I wouldnt compare it to Indy though. I read the story and the state was trying to take away the ownership.

That is why I feel bad for all fans that go through this. Pro sports is a special bond with the fans, city, and team. I want the owners to make money, and the league and players to do well, but its getting obscene. 

1 minute ago, The Old Crow said:

That is why I feel bad for all fans that go through this. Pro sports is a special bond with the fans, city, and team. I want the owners to make money, and the league and players to do well, but its getting obscene. 

Yea, im just so glad the Colts didnt enter. I know that the Irsays choices were between moving to Indy or Los Angeles. Even though i live 45 miles from LA, Indy is the right place.

LA has had their chances with their teams and obviously thats why they left in the first place. The demographics show its just not a football city. Too much going on and i believe it will affect a players performance with the Hollywood scene.

Even Vontae Davis said it himself that Indy saved his career because the nightlife distracted him from his work. Its unexplainable but we will see a difference.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Indy does. Lucas Oil Stadium host around with 3 or 4 events a month besides the Colts. It is also used in the convention mode. The city is paid back by being one of the largest hosting cities in the US. The money made out weighs the money spent.

I've never found anything to back that up.   The city pays lots of other expenses.   Traffic control, security and tax exceptions to name a few.  

I have to believe that St. Louis did the research to determine that it could not recoup the money for a new stadium. 

However, resident satisfaction is tough to determine.

16 minutes ago, Myles said:

That's not an accurate representation at all. The key is that cities don't recoup costs just by having an NFL team use the stadium. However, the revenues from other events at the stadium, along with increased development in the surrounding area, all combine to create an economic benefit for the city, despite the costs.

1 minute ago, bap1331 said:

Yea, im just so glad the Colts didnt enter. I know that the Irsays choices were between moving to Indy or Los Angeles. Even though i live 45 miles from LA, Indy is the right place.

LA has had their chances with their teams and obviously thats why they left in the first place. The demographics show its just not a football city. Too much going on and i believe it will affect a players performance with the Hollywood scene.

Even Vontae Davis said it himself that Indy saved his career because the nightlife distracted him from his work. Its unexplainable but we will see a difference.

I don't think Jim really wanted to move to LA, but all these guys are businessmen, and are going to use all leverage available. 

50 minutes ago, MTC said:

I wonder if there will be an NFL division realignment. Don't think it will affect us.

Yea we move back to the AFC East and the Dolphins move to the AFC South, lol.

I loathe the fact of being in the same division as the patriots, but the OCD in me says this is brilliant.

1 minute ago, The Old Crow said:

I don't think Jim really wanted to move to LA, but all these guys are businessmen, and are going to use all leverage available. 

they offered him but he said that Indy welcomed them with open arms. And we all know LA is all about business.

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's not an accurate representation at all. The key is that cities don't recoup costs just by having an NFL team use the stadium. However, the revenues from other events at the stadium, along with increased development in the surrounding area, all combine to create an economic benefit for the city, despite the costs.

Not true.