Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim Irsay Has High Hopes For Denzelle Good

krunk

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I thought you were telling me that the story on Stampede Blue included the grades.

So, you're now telling me you subscribe to PFF?

Will you share what Good's grades were?        What was his season grade for pass blocking and run blocking?

\

No I only mentioned grades because you mentioned it.  

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

Those grades are public info. You can look that up yourself, and no I certainly am no big PFF fan in the least bit, but so many people on here use their info I'll reference it sometimes.  I just don't take it as complete Gospel like some others on this forum.

To the best of my knowledge,  that info is NOT public.

It's subscription.

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's subscription.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's subscription.

I thought you were telling me that the story on Stampede Blue included the grades.

Will you share what Good's grades were?        What was his season grade for pass blocking and run blocking?

\

Not all of it is subscription.  I just do google searches on stuff and pull it up, such as that PFF article I posted a couple of minutes ago.  Some of it they will post for everyone to see, and I guess the rest of it is Subscription like you say.  Other parts of their info I might do a google search and find another article using their information speaking about the Colts game.

Here's a link that was on Colts.com after the Tampa game where they used PFF to show Goods Grade for that game.  

Good did play a decent game, with a shuffled Colts offensive line. Watch the tape, and you’ll see the sacks allowed to Tampa Bay were due in large part to good coverage. His holding penalty before halftime kept his 40-year-old quarterback from taking a brutal shot. Pro Football Focus gave Good a grade of 75.0 after his debut, solidly in the “Starter” range for the scouting site’s 0-100 scale.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Dancing-Bear-Denzelle-Good-Plays-Hell-of-a-Game-After-Unorthodox-Journey/91177cbe-9e29-4b5b-a80d-600dec54e046

30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:
11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's subscription.

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's subscription.

\

Here's his grade from the Titans game.  I just Google Searched it

Here's the Grade from the Titans game:

Top Performers

TE Coby Fleener (+2.8)
TE Jack Doyle (+3.4)
ILB Jerrell Freeman (+2.2)
OLB Robert Mathis (+2.1)
RT Denzelle Good (+1.7)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/04/ten-ind-grades-fleener-colts-hang-on-to-drop-titans/

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's subscription.

Not that it matters, but they've even got grades for his performance against the St Louis Rams in the preseason and he graded out positive in that one too.  I do realize he played against the backups, but everyone is supposed to play that 3rd game like a real live regular season game so there's a little bit of data you can pick up.  Nothing real big of course.

Top 5 graded players

OLB Erik Walden (+3.7)

LB Junior Silvestre (+2.9)

DE Henry Anderson (+2.5)

OL Denzelle Good (+2.1)

RB Tyler Varga (+1.7)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/08/31/grades-for-rams-colts/

Grigson couldn't fix the Offensive Line for years now. One reason is that they thought they could bring in a lot of back ups, undrafted or late draft picks that might turn into pro bowlers and solve the problem. Truth is that it's either they are poor in judgement or maybe that cinderella stories are just rare. They better draft a Tackle early in next years draft instead of relying on a 7th round pick to turn into a pro bowler! It would be just another major mistake!

Is everyone forgetting about Joe Reitz? 

I thought he came in after not playing the RT position mainly in pre-season to do a heck of a job on the right side. I wouldn't be opposed to him starting there.

He started 14 games this season just passed... do you know how many sacks he allowed?......

17 hours ago, Dark_Indy said:

Clayton Geathers, David Parry, Henry Anderson, D'Joun Smith all drafted last year, all talent to develop. 

We really need offensive line help. Badly. We have a handful of decent MLBs (Irving, Moore, Freeman) and even though there's a lot of hate for Toler, there aren't too many better replacements out there right now unless we either overspend or develop a youngster.

I disagree with "badly". We need a C and we are good, if we get a RG then we are even better. 

But the defense has no playmaking anywhere, at least the offense we can count on Luck hilton moncrief gore to make some plays. We know Castonzo is gonna block his guy and so is Mewhort....

Who do you trust on Defense besides vontae and maaaaaaaaybe Mathis?

Djoun wasnt even active after being back, Ia m not giving up but even if he becomes our nickle corner, butler and toler are gone they dont have contracts.

We might have Geathers who i liked, but the other safety is a guy who is like 35 years old (and i think he does not have a contract either?). I loved anderson and parry and overall the DLine looks like the only unit with potential to grow, the rest of the defense is just stagnant. It wont get better with same players because there is no upside, they are all old (besides vontae).

I disagree a lot on MLB. First of all, Freeman has said that there hasnt been any contact all season long as to a contract extension so i want him back but i dont think he is coming back. I liked Irving in DEN but he hasnt shown anything here worth getting excited. I guess we got DQwell but i think he sucks, and i know about his tackles, but i dont think he brings anything to the passing game as far as covering and he is slow IMO. In any case, he is also 32, there is no upside. IMO ILB is a top 4 need.

And the biggest need on this team IMO is pass rush. we have none. We can only hope Mathis becomes again a monster,but he is also 35. No future there. 

Thats why i believe draft should be about Defense. Because it needs an infusion of young talent. Because it needs play makers. Because it has no upside besides Henry (i think vontae wont get MUCH better...he is already pretty good but i kinda think he is close to his ceiling). If we go draft and only fix OL is great and everything but just think, who the heck is going to be starting in 2 years from now because there wouldnt be capital invested on defense in this draft.

19 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

It is much deeper than collins, which is exactly why you shouldn't shy away from a 22 year old making demands. Why is it that we are closing off groups of prospects because he has baggage, and basically turn around and let him call the shots?  Do any of you have any "chips" at all? It's a SEVENTH round pick!

It is fine you think the Colts should have went after, and I wouldn't have been opposed to using a 7th round pick on him, regardless of if he sat out, was convicted, or played. That said, it would not have been the most prudent decision to use a 7th round pick on him and I'm also not opposed to the Colts choosing not to draft him. I'm basically neutral on the matter.

All I'm saying is that Grigson should not be criticized for not using a 7th on Collins--no GM in the league used a pick on him. I almost have a feeling there was a gentlemen's agreement to not draft him. Feel free to criticize Grigson for failing to improve the o-line, however criticizing him for not trying or not drafting Collins is unfair. Criticize him for failing on his attempts to address the OL, which is indeed a huge black eye on his resume. 

2 hours ago, Larry Horseman said:

It is fine you think the Colts should have went after, and I wouldn't have been opposed to using a 7th round pick on him, regardless of if he sat out, was convicted, or played. That said, it would not have been the most prudent decision to use a 7th round pick on him and I'm also not opposed to the Colts choosing not to draft him. I'm basically neutral on the matter.

All I'm saying is that Grigson should not be criticized for not using a 7th on Collins--no GM in the league used a pick on him. I almost have a feeling there was a gentlemen's agreement to not draft him. Feel free to criticize Grigson for failing to improve the o-line, however criticizing him for not trying or not drafting Collins is unfair. Criticize him for failing on his attempts to address the OL, which is indeed a huge black eye on his resume. 

The Collins ship has sailed...time for those who are obsessed with it to move on...

21 hours ago, bababooey said:

In theory yes it is. But then the player loses a year, money, could get into trouble, out of shape. He was bluffing.

No.  Not in theory.  UDFAs do bid teams for guaranteed money and do have a choice about where they go.  He did better for himself to sign with Dallas than to be drafted by Cleveland in the 4th.

Not all players have the same situation as Collins, so they would rather have the security of being drafted than to have to go job hunting as an UDFA.

But, as predicted....we ignore a Good draft choice by Grigson and instead try to find a reason why he sucks.

18 minutes ago, DougDew said:

No.  Not in theory.  UDFAs do bid teams for guaranteed money and do have a choice about where they go.  He did better for himself to sign with Dallas than to be drafted by Cleveland in the 4th.

Not all players have the same situation as Collins, so they would rather have the security of being drafted than to have to go job hunting as an UDFA.

But, as predicted....we ignore a Good draft choice by Grigson and instead try to find a reason why he sucks.

Because we could have had both....lol.

And he wouldn't be a UDFA if we had his rights and he sat out the year. Again, he was bluffing.

On January 12, 2016 at 3:20 PM, krunk said:

All 32 teams passed on Collins so stop wasting your breath. Grigson already informed you he did try to pursue Collins.  He did it in the same period everyone else did.  The guy(Collins) CHOSE the Cowboys.  Next Story Please

Yeah I think I recall hearing about that.  He seemed to choose the Cowboys.  I like it when people think the Colts could've had him for sure.  He went into the UDFA market, the Colts seemed to have made a play and it didn't pan out.  Every team bypassed him, he choose the Cowboys.  

I'm sure the Jerry Jones could sway the mind of a young athlete over Ryan Grigson, that is if Jones really wanted him to be a Cowboy.

19 hours ago, Malakai432 said:
On 1/12/2016 at 5:37 PM, COLTS449 said:

Its just the way things are now man. I mean teams are scared to death to touch a guy with any type of past. It don't matter if a kid was in a convenient store while it gets robbed. They would assume he was involved and not draft him. Teams are scared it'll hurt their image and make them look bad. And guys like Collins who was completely innocent get hurt in the process. You shouldn't assume someone's guilty. If there was evidence pointing to him then yeah, teams should have passed on him, but there wasn't. I remember reading police said he was not a suspect. He was worth a 6th or 7th round pick. But its over and done with. You're right.

On 1/12/2016 at 5:37 PM, COLTS449 said:

Its just the way things are now man. I mean teams are scared to death to touch a guy with any type of past. It don't matter if a kid was in a convenient store while it gets robbed. They would assume he was involved and not draft him. Teams are scared it'll hurt their image and make them look bad. And guys like Collins who was completely innocent get hurt in the process. You shouldn't assume someone's guilty. If there was evidence pointing to him then yeah, teams should have passed on him, but there wasn't. I remember reading police said he was not a suspect. He was worth a 6th or 7th round pick. But its over and done with. You're right.

You know what is scary?
 How well you follow the game.
 Love your convenience store analogy.
 You might wanna check out the 1st player chosen in the last draft.

And you couldn`t be more wrong, the guy was worth a 1st rd pick. Come on Young? man!

• 4 weeks later...