Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Barry Sanders Jr

ruksak

I was a HUGE fan of Barry Sanders back in the day. I had no idea he had a teenage son that plays RB. I just found this on youtube and thought many of you might enjoy watching it. Reminds me alot of his old man, especially notice how he celebrates a TD.

Also ;

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/california-golden-bears/2012/1/7/2690238/college-football-recruiting-barry-sanders-stanford-cardinal-oklahoma-state-cowboys

The Oklahoma St. Cowboys may have beaten the Stanford Cardinal in the Fiesta Bowl this past week, but the Cardinal may have just struck gold in the recruitment of Barry Sanders, Jr. The four-star running back, who is, the son of Hall Of Fame running back Barry Sanders, has officially committed to the Cardinal after announcing his intentions at the Army All American Game.

Awesome news! Who knows, maybe in four years he can follow his then alumni to play for our Colts. Hope not, because that would mean we went off track somewhere down the road. Anywho....I was tickled frickin pink to learn of this. I need to start paying more attention I guess.

What did Barry look like in college? I always think of Srs strength as being in his lower body, but his son looks pretty skinny.

Nice story though, and very unusual for a son to follow directly in the footsteps of a legend like that. It rarely works out.

A lot of the highlights in this video are from his junior year in high school. He was hurt part of his senior year. He went to Stanford clinic to have it looked at and fell in love with Stanford. So an unfortunate event like an injury helped him to decide on which college to attend. I work at Stanford, so I am very excited that I'll have a chance to watch him as Barry Sanders was my all-time favorite runningback.

He runs a 4.4 in high school? That's insane. Man, that boy's got some moves. What do you guys think of a player doing the same sport as his father? Some disagree with it because they say the son will always be compared to the father and if your father is Barry Sanders, that's a lot to live up to. I know guys like Waybe Gretzky specifically didn't push their own sport onto their kid (his son plays baseball) because of that very reason. However, if the kid really likes it and wants to do the same sport, I have nothing wrong with it. In fact, being an Indy Colts fan, I'm pretty glad Peyton chose to do the same sport as his father

What did Barry look like in college? I always think of Srs strength as being in his lower body, but his son looks pretty skinny.

Nice story though, and very unusual for a son to follow directly in the footsteps of a legend like that. It rarely works out.

I believe he is 16 in this video. So, the difference between his physique at 16 and his physique at 22 is going to be dramatic.

I believe he is 16 in this video. So, the difference between his physique at 16 and his physique at 22 is going to be dramatic.

True :rolleyes: we talking high school aren't we. OK - well for 16 he's got good size actually.

It will be a fun story to follow - and I'd love to see him succeed - but the country is full of high school running backs who score endless 60 yard TDs. Few of them make it all the way. You do see a little bit of his fathers balance, vision and change of direction in that video. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

True :rolleyes: we talking high school aren't we. OK - well for 16 he's got good size actually.

It will be a fun story to follow - and I'd love to see him succeed - but the country is full of high school running backs who score endless 60 yard TDs. Few of them make it all the way. You do see a little bit of his fathers balance, vision and change of direction in that video. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

Keeping in perspective that he's playing at the high school level, still he stands out and, as you said, it will be fun to follow him up to draft day.

As 21isSuperman mentioned, a high school Rb running a 4.4/40 is unusual. One has to think that his 40 time will only improve.

He will be attending Stanford which has a very balanced running attack. He will be very utilized in the rushing attack. He is also a very good receiver, so look for him to be very effective on screen passes. If he gets into the open field, he can take it all the way.