Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wildcard Weekend Mock Draft

Here is my updated Colts draft that is defense focused. I have included a few moves in free agency as well...

Free agency

Indy resigns ILB Jerrell Freeman, S Dwight Lowery, K Adam Vinatieri, TE Coby Fleener

Indy cuts ILB D'Qwell Jackson, WR Andre Johnson, OLB Trent Cole

Indy signs free agents RB Lamar Miller, LG Kelechi Osemele, CB Casey Hayward

Draft

Round 1 Pick 18: Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA (A)
Round 2 Pick 18: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson (A+)
Round 3 Pick 2 (CLE): Dan Voltz, C, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 3 Pick 18: William Jackson III, CB, Houston (A)
Round 4 Pick 23 (PITT): Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech (A+)
Round 5 Pick 16: Carl Lawson, DE/OLB, Auburn (A)
Round 6 Pick 3 (S.D.): Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama (A-)
Round 7 Pick 18: Leon Allen, RB, Western Kentucky (A)

Trades - Indy trades 2017 2nd for 2016 3rd , Indy trades down in 4th and acquires 6th round pick

I love your first two picks big time!!! Although I think it's likely Lawson lasts till the second rnd. But even if we coukd grab Jack if he slides a little. He definitely has cornerstone player kinda potential. Just his all around ability. I was watching a little bit of him and seeing how he lined up on receivers at UCLA and more than held his own. I think he'd help big time in solving our coverage issues over the middle of the Field. Then of course you have his ability to get after the QB. 

I like Butler too, Although I just read on NFL.Com that Andrew Billings has indeed decided to come out for the 2016 draft. And he's a guy I really like at DT, He's a monster up front. And although I think we have a number of solid guys on or D line, I would love to get a guy like Billings who is just an absolute pain to handle and will demand a double team every time, also has the ability to collapse the pocket. BUT.... we'd have to take him in the first to have a chance and with our other pressing needs, don't know how I feel about that.