Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"Winnig is the Only Thing" Mentality

King Colt

The Pittsburgh / Cincy game last night can be analyzed for many components. I notice the head coach did not feel it was important to apologize to the Cincy fans for his mob blowing the game because they cannot control themselves for two minutes in the most important game of their season. The NFL has turned it's back on concussion issues since the league started and only now is doing something due to media pressure. Violence sells ticket, it always has. Teams hire misfits and goons to try to get a trophy and deny any wrong doing after their mobsters beat women, get caught with drugs, commit murder and gang rape women in college then get drafted. All sports are getting out of hand look at soccer world wide but granted soccer has always been nuts. But this "winning" behavior is alive and well in junior sports as well and includes parents coming on the field beating up coaches. Money which is made going to and staying in the playoffs is the king and victory at any cost is the rule book. I don't have any answers other than to eject players for the entire game on the first incident which will never happen.

Very good post.  Its actually getting difficult to watch.  Maybe some like all of the intimidating tactics, but I just laugh at what they try to do...get in the face, act like they are the toughest person in the room (without a firearm)...trying to get into the opponents head....got to defend "our house".   I find all of the street/local culture stuff really boring.  I can't downshift far enough to make it all that enjoyable to watch.

College is getting got be the same way. Since when does ESPN ever list what the player's major is or their GPA?  I find college football really boring unless I know that stuff.  I don't want to watch a bunch of kids who can do  nothing else but play sports, play sports.  Its not very interesting.

Networks do bring up some of the college kids majors and so forth......Also the point of watching a football game is not so I can know what said players GPA is or his major, Sure its interesting to a degree but has no bearing on the game itself. There is also bad people in this world In every profession and that includes sports...and always has. The media coverage and things like Twitter and so forth make it more in your face....That's what has changed....You also cant take concussions and injuries out of the game(Unless you start putting flags on players)...Its a collision sport

Everyone is ganging up on Cincy, saying they're completely classless.  I agree that what they did wasn't right, but don't forget Shazier was running around dancing and jumping after knocking out Bernard, and Joey Porter (whose character is already well known from his playing days) stormed the field and got into it with a Bengals player, and Mike Munchak pushed Reggie Nelson around on the sidelines.  It's not like Pittsburgh was being clean.  Both teams showed poor sportsmanship, but everyone just wants to beat up on Cincy and completely ignore what the Steelers did.