Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

34 Instead Of 33?

Interesting. I didn't know it worked like that. So if Indy, St. Louis, and Minny had all finished 2-14, would it be a three-way rotation instead?

I'm not sure, I would think so. I would be Indy getting the the first pick 3 times and St Louis and Minny each getting it twice. That seems rights.

From what I took from it, Collins cancelled out compensation for Sanders.... I could be wrong, but that is how I viewed it.

Alright, I have no problem with that because it was only a 7th rounder and 7th round players usually don't have much impact. But if it was a situation where if he didn't sign Collins, 4th for Session and 6th for Johnson would have turned to 3 and 5, I wouldn't have been too happy about it

Alright, I have no problem with that because it was only a 7th rounder and 7th round players usually don't have much impact. But if it was a situation where if he didn't sign Collins, 4th for Session and 6th for Johnson would have turned to 3 and 5, I wouldn't have been too happy about it

I know what you mean... I still think Collins would have done better if he would have been signed sooner and he was improving when he got hurt, but it would still be bad for that to cause each of those future picks to drop.

From what I took from it, Collins cancelled out compensation for Sanders.... I could be wrong, but that is how I viewed it.

There is NO comp pick for Bobzilla because the Colts did NOT offer him another contract but simply released him. The chargers signed him off the street. Collins' contract (2-year $14M with $10M of it deferred to the 2nd year) will cancel out either the 4th-round compensation pick for Clint Session or the 6th-round compensation pick for Charlie Johnson. Ouch! The Colts need to release Collins ASAP. There is no way he is worth $10M a year.

So, according to that site, if we didn't sign Collins, we would have higher picks?

Not exactly. The compensation picks are awarded based on a combination of the lost free agent's contract size (must be above league minimum) and their contribution to their former team as well as their new team (starter vs backup, playing time, etc.) Based on the referenced post, the Colts would have been awarded a 4th round comp pick for Session and a 6th round comp pick for CJ if the team had signed no free agent at all. By picking up Collins, the Colts will lose one of these two comp picks -- I'm not sure which one. Signing Collins does not change the rounds of the comp picks, but simply eliminates one of them.

There is NO comp pick for Bobzilla because the Colts did NOT offer him another contract but simply released him. The chargers signed him off the street. Collins' contract (2-year $14M with $10M of it deferred to the 2nd year) will cancel out either the 4th-round compensation pick for Clint Session or the 6th-round compensation pick for Charlie Johnson. Ouch! The Colts need to release Collins ASAP. There is no way he is worth $10M a year.

Why is it that they get nothing for Bob because they didn't offer him a contract but they lose compensation for signing Collins? Didn't they sign Collins out of retirement?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I think Watson will get some kind of suspension. Zeke got 6 games and was never charged for a criminal crime and that was with 1 girl. I still bet it will be 8 games at worse. I originally predicted 8 games once it came out that no criminal charges would be filed. It could still even be a year. It will be interesting to see how this ends.
    • Don't forget this Sunday's game on Fox 59 at 7:30 pm I think!
    • Im sorry I’m responding a little late….   But I took the time to re-view the 25 minute Luck press conference, and the 25 minute conference from Irsay, Ballard and Reich.    Luck says his final decision was made roughly 10-14 days before the announcement, and the execs say they knew 7-10 days ahead and the week leading up to the game was filled with almost daily conversations.  I don’t know where you got that the front office found out “that day.”    I’ve never seen that claim made by anyone else here, and there’s been plenty of mis-information put out there about Luck.    Also….  Luck didn’t participate in any team activities the entire off-season.   Zero in the Spring.   Zero in training camp.  At the presser Ballard talked about the strange off-season saying Luck ended the 2018 season feeling pretty good, then something happened at the Pro Bowl that no one could pin down.  Ankle sprain?   High ankle sprain? Shin?    No one knew.   So the team knew something was up.     Ultimately, Luck did a bad job at his press conference explaining things, and the media did a poor job of getting enough details to write a good story so people could understand.    But I’d add, that no one in the Colts seems angry with Luck.   Not Irsay, or Ballard, or Reich, or players.   No one.    Yet people here think Luck screwed the team.   A guy driven to do the right thing all his life, and yet fans here are convinced he did the wrong thing.   I confess that disappoints me.   It’s as if people never learned anything about Andrew Luck beyond his wins and losses.  I find that sad….  
    • Like most surface fans? Not sure what kind of shot ur trying to take here but okay. As for the points, there aren't really any intelligble ones to respond to. In both instances Wentz gives the ball to the other team at the very end of the game. In both TEN matchups. Also, in those specific plays there were checkdowns available.    Reich kind of took blame for one, saying he shouldn't of called a TE screen so close to the end zone. But I guess i'm just a surface fan, even though I consistently talk on a colts fan forum, frequent multiple other sites where many people post a plethora of uncensored opinions about the colts, attend games frequently, and I understand football more than most casual people.    I don't sit on the board and pretend to speak some scheme specific terminology, but I know what football looks like. And with that being said, it is easy for anyone to see that Wentz consistently put our defense in bad positions, and tried to play hero ball despite not being very good at it.  As for how that applies to this specific thread; I think having a more sensible QB on the roster will make our Oline look a lot better.    Also, as i've stated multiple times, I do recognize our offensive line had issues. However, that doesn't takeaway the reality of 2sprainz and the type of game he wanted to play, even at the cost of his own team. 
  • Members

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 14,084

• jmac_48

jmac_48 443

• cbear

cbear 566

• nfatta

nfatta 0

Rookie
    • #12.

#12. 1,866