Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Osweiler's "Bad Body Language"

18Manning

16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

brock can make the throws, peyton cant imo. if youre basing your proof that peyton can still play because he performed well against one of the worst defenses this year with most of the plays being run plays, then youre mistaken. all season long peyton struggled expect vs the packers. other then that one game, it was the defense that won them those games. peyton almost lost to the browns for gods sake

Regardless of what we think, the coach feels Peyton gives the Broncos a better chance as the starter. I really don't think the coach or Elway would risk losing just to let "Peyton ride off into the sunset". If Peyton doesn't hold up, they can go back to Osweiler.

You mean the Browns that only lost by 4 points to KC? As they say "any given Sunday".

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14423949/drew-brees-new-orleans-saints-torn-plantar-fascia-attempt-play

the reports said he had a plantar fascititis. show me where it says different

Drew had a complete tear.  Manning had a partial tear.  And before you embarrass yourself further,  the partial year is the more painful of the 2.

Did you even read the article you just posted

Neither side of this is "rediculous." 

There are pros and cons of starting either guy and a case could be made to start either guy. Any thoughts about it expressed on this forum now are all whatever who is talking wishes. Some people wish Peyton would take this team to the SB without throwing 1 incompletion in the process and some people wish he would die after the first hit (but not before he gets the pick 6 out of his hands and the DB points to him on the way to the endzone). And all people will take that literally because nobody here has any sense of sarcasm.

5 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Neither side of this is "rediculous." 

There are pros and cons of starting either guy and a case could be made to start either guy. Any thoughts about it expressed on this forum now are all whatever who is talking wishes. Some people wish Peyton would take this team to the SB without throwing 1 incompletion in the process and some people wish he would die after the first hit (but not before he gets the pick 6 out of his hands and the DB points to him on the way to the endzone). And all people will take that literally because nobody here has any sense of sarcasm.

I certainly agree with this part...

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm not a doctor.     But I have read about it.   I suggest you do the same 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14143938/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-torn-plantar-fascia-left-foot

says almost always. yes im nitpicking, but its what the report states. I find it hard to believe something partially torn is more painful then something completely torn. im sure if I tore a muscle, it would hurt more if it was completely torn. human body is def interesting

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

says almost always. yes im nitpicking, but its what the report states. I find it hard to believe something partially torn is more painful then something completely torn. im sure if I tore a muscle, it would hurt more if it was completely torn. human body is def interesting

CR91, it's your fault this thread got off subject. :) However, I take partial responsibility for not posting a redirecting response earlier.

There was my original post, 1 appropriate response, then we morphed to "Osweiler vs Peyton" thread.

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/whats-wrong-with-peyton-mannings-foot-according-to-a-medical-expert

5 minutes ago, 18Manning said:

CR91, it's your fault this thread got off subject. :) However, I take partial responsibility for not posting a redirecting response earlier.

There was my original post, 1 appropriate response, then we morphed to "Osweiler vs Peyton" thread.

haha im so sorry

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Brock isn't a better qb than peyton.  He has a better arm,  but there is more to the position than that

Manning nearly lead the entire NFL in interceptions and that was after missing a good chunk of the season.  Manning wasn't even a top 15 QB this year, his ability has significantly fallen off but he may be able to hold it together for 2-3 games.. but that Broncos team will go as far as the defense and run game take them

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Then your opinion isn't based on the whole story.   

Manning's first 7 games were pretty awful outside of the Packers game.. the defense bailed them out of some really bad offensive games, including some 3-4 interception ones that the defense still managed to hold on to and win with big plays

Completing 5 passes in the Chargers game for 65 yards or whatever it was doesn't exactly erase the rest of the season.  I personally think he'll be healthy enough for a playoff run, but if they fall behind and he has to sling it 30+ times, they're going to be in trouble.. especially if its a really cold outdoor game

Manning doesn't need to do much though for them to be successful, he just needs to not turn the ball over and the defense will do the rest so he could be fine.. mentally he is way more advanced than Osweiler, its just a matter of him staying healthy for 3 games and again, not turning the ball over which this year has been a huge problem for Manning