Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

18Manning

Osweiler's "Bad Body Language"

Recommended Posts

This is a funny article. Who's going to have "good body language" after being benched? IMO, he looks more neutral than anything. It's not like he slammed his helmet on the ground and was screaming and yelling. Osweiler at least clapped after the Broncos got a TD without him. What the heck is the guy supposed to do?

 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/brock-osweiler-shows-bad-body-language-after-benching/ar-AAgjEbW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They haven't seen Ryan Mallet, obviously, after Hoyer was playing in lieu of him. Then come back and talk to me about body language :). 

 

It is not even close when compared to Ryan Mallet, IMO. It is a miracle that Ryan Mallet got a chance with the Ravens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gotta feel sorry for him. he didnt do anything to lose his job and once peyton starts throwing ducks and the steelers(im picking them to beat the bengals) bounce the broncos in another one and done playoff run, they'll know they made a mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

gotta feel sorry for him. he didnt do anything to lose his job and once peyton starts throwing ducks and the steelers(im picking them to beat the bengals) bounce the broncos in another one and done playoff run, they'll know they made a mistake.

 

If Peyton starts throwing ducks, they'll go back to Osweiler (as they should). However, I think the rest is enough to keep Peyton fresh for a couple/few games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

gotta feel sorry for him. he didnt do anything to lose his job and once peyton starts throwing ducks and the steelers(im picking them to beat the bengals) bounce the broncos in another one and done playoff run, they'll know they made a mistake.

Either you are joking, or you are Osweiler's relative to say something so ridiculous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Traines said:

Either you are joking, or you are Osweiler's relative to say something so ridiculous

 

care to explain what is ridiculous? tell me what brock did to lose his job? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 18Manning said:

This is a funny article. Who's going to have "good body language" after being benched? IMO, he looks more neutral than anything. It's not like he slammed his helmet on the ground and was screaming and yelling. Osweiler at least clapped after the Broncos got a TD without him. What the heck is the guy supposed to do?

 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/brock-osweiler-shows-bad-body-language-after-benching/ar-AAgjEbW

 

I think they're being wayyyyy overly harsh about him and just trying to stir up a story

 

No competitor is going to handle being benched well.. you show me someone that's all rainbows and butterflies after being benched and I'll show you a loser

 

His face to me looked like someone who just had a humbling moment and was benched...  he wasn't sneering, he wasn't doing anything inappropriate.  When they scored, he was clapping for the offense.. what do they expect him to do?  Get some pom poms from the cheerleaders, put on a skirt and do some pyramid jumps?

 

Also the picture of him "far from the left away from teammates"  is very misleading..  who was the coach next to him?   Was that the offensive coordinator?  Also, notice a bench full of players directly behind him?   Were those offensive players?  Could it be reasonable to assume that he was in that bench area with teammates, then stood up and walked closer to the field to watch how the offense was doing?

 

I don't respect these types of articles because it's obvious their agenda is to stir up controversy.  It's embarassing enough to be benched, but articles like this just pile on the guy based on nothing but the authors speculation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CR91 said:

 

care to explain what is ridiculous? tell me what brock did to lose his job? 

Not check out of plays when the obvious blitz was on the way.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

Not check out of plays when the obvious blitz was on the way.    

 

so youre suggested he lost his job because he cant diagnose a defense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 18Manning said:

 

If Peyton starts throwing ducks, they'll go back to Osweiler (as they should). However, I think the rest is enough to keep Peyton fresh for a couple/few games.

 

More than Peyton's ducks, it is his ability to play under center and hand off quickness that I saw as the most significant changes in the Chargers game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CR91 said:

 

so youre suggested he lost his job because he cant diagnose a defense

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

Yes

 

and what good is diagnosing a defense when you cant make the throws anymore to beat those defenses

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

and what good is diagnosing a defense when you cant make the throws anymore to beat those defenses

 

Did you not watch the chargers game?     What good is a big arm if you can't get a pass off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Did you not watch the chargers game?   

 

did you watch his games vs us and the chiefs? imo this a john elway move not a gary kubieck move. elway wants peyton to ride off into the sunset like he did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

and what good is diagnosing a defense when you cant make the throws anymore to beat those defenses

 

 

It depends on the defense though. The Chargers, you can run on them, so Peyton did not have to throw much. There will be Ds like the Patriots and Bengals that you cannot run on easily thus forcing Peyton to throw 40 times, that is when we will see if his mistakes pile up. The key however is their OL protection. If OL holds up, Peyton can connect on enough throws to score enough points and ride that D. Everything revolves around the OL, just like Elway's last few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

 

did you watch his games vs us and the chiefs? imo this a john elway move not a gary kubieck move. elway wants peyton to ride off into the sunset like he did. 

Night and day difference.     He was able to step into the few deep shots he took in the chargers game.  You should watch it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

care to explain what is ridiculous? tell me what brock did to lose his job? 

First of all, this is a non-story to begin with.  Secondly, Brock's job is to back up the greatest player of all-time.  B.O. did a decent job while he was in there, however, he is playing with a historically good defense backing him up.  In the end, he's still an average QB and his job is as a backup QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Night and day difference.     He was able to step into the few deep shots he took in the chargers game.  You should watch it

 

steelers have a much better run defense then the chargers which means peyton will have to throw 30-40 times in what will probably be cold weather. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Traines said:

First of all, this is a non-story to begin with.  Secondly, Brock's job is to back up the greatest player of all-time.  B.O. did a decent job while he was in there, however, he is playing with a historically good defense backing him up.  In the end, he's still an average QB and his job is as a backup QB

 

wow thank you for your great argument 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

imo this a john elway move not a gary kubieck move. elway wants peyton to ride off into the sunset like he did. 

I'd much rather have Elway call the shots than Kubiak.  What has Kubiak done, besides get his butt beat by Peyton 20 times?!  Also, installing Kubiak's offense this year has really worked wonders for an offense that previously ranked at the top of the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Traines said:

I'd much rather have Elway call the shots than Kubiak.  What has Kubiak done, besides get his butt beat by Peyton 20 times?!  Also, installing Kubiak's offense this year has really worked wonders for an offense that previously ranked at the top of the league.

 

if it is elway's call, its a biased call and not what is good for the team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CR91 said:

 

if it is elway's call, its a biased call and not what is good for the team

Brock isn't a better qb than peyton.  He has a better arm,  but there is more to the position than that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Brock isn't a better qb than peyton.  He has a better arm,  but there is more to the position than that

 

brock can make the throws, peyton cant imo. if youre basing your proof that peyton can still play because he performed well against one of the worst defenses this year with most of the plays being run plays, then youre mistaken. all season long peyton struggled expect vs the packers. other then that one game, it was the defense that won them those games. peyton almost lost to the browns for gods sake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CR91 said:

 

brock can make the throws, peyton cant imo. if youre basing your proof that peyton can still play because performed well against one of the worst defenses this year with most of the plays were runs plays, then youre mistaken. all season look peyton struggled expect vs the packers. other then that one game, it was defense then won them those games. peyton almost lost to the browns for gods sake

You can't make the throws when you're on your back.    The steelers have one of the worst secondaries in the nfl.  If they load the box to stop the run DT and Sanders will be open all day.    Quick hit throws. Slants, screens etc.  Take a shot now and then.    If he doesn't throw picks they will have a good day.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

wow thank you for your great argument 

Yeah, your insightful reply says it all.  I told you that Brock's job was to backup Peyton, and this is because he is the inferior player...end of story!  Kubiak should know to set the backup when the GOAT is healthy, as he spent his career in that same role.

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

if it is elway's call, its a biased call and not what is good for the team

Who cares if it is biased?  What has Kubiak done that you think he is so wonderful and great at making decisions?  Elway has built a team that has had one of the most (possibly the most) prolific offenses of all-time, and now he has one of the best defenses of all-time...all within a couple of years.  Kubiak has been a very average coach and below .500 when he came to the Broncos...luckily Elway has set him up for success.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

You can't make the throws when you're on your back.    The steelers have one of the worst secondaries in the nfl.  If they load the box to stop the run DT and Sanders will be open all day.    Quick hit throws. Slants, screens etc.  Take a shot now and then.    If he doesn't throw picks they will have a good day.   

 

the steelers dropped over 30 on them a month ago. you really think quick throws and slants are gonna matter when youre playing from behind? and once their behind, their gonna come after peyton because hes a sitting duck in the pocket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Traines said:

Yeah, your insightful reply says it all.  I told you that Brock's job was to backup Peyton, and this is because he is the inferior player...end of story!  Kubiak should know to set the backup when the GOAT is healthy, as he spent his career in that same role.

Who cares if it is biased?  What has Kubiak done that you think he is so wonderful and great at making decisions?  Elway has built a team that has had one of the most (possibly the most) prolific offenses of all-time, and now he has one of the best defenses of all-time...all within a couple of years.  Kubiak has been a very average coach and below .500 when he came to the Broncos...luckily Elway has set him up for success.

 

 

have you watched peyton at all this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

 

have you watched peyton at all this season?

How can you say this,  when you didn't watch the chargers game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

How can you say this,  when you didn't watch the chargers game?

 

I dont need to. I watched his first 7 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just now, CR91 said:

 

have you watched peyton at all this season?

All season.  Yeah, he struggled, but you don't set him when he is healthy...and you sure af don't set him behind B.O.  You probably would have left in Matt Hasselbeck too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

the steelers dropped over 30 on them a month ago. you really think quick throws and slants are gonna matter when youre playing from behind? and once their behind, their gonna come after peyton because hes a sitting duck in the pocket

Peyton has been a sitting duck his entire career.  It has worked out ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CR91 said:

 

I dont need to. I watched his first 7 

Then your opinion isn't based on the whole story.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Traines said:

 

All season.  Yeah, he struggled, but you don't set him when he is healthy...and you sure af don't set him behind B.O.  You probably would have left in Matt Hasselbeck too!

 

peyton was healthy all season before the chiefs knocked him out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Peyton has been a sitting duck his entire career.  It has worked out ok

 

not this season. I dont think peyton has ever been hit and or sacked this much since his rookie season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CR91 said:

 

peyton was healthy all season before the chiefs knocked him out

No he wasn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Then your opinion isn't based on the whole story.   

 

your opinion is based on one game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

No he wasn't

 

what was he dealing with? he was playing wasnt he

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CR91 said:

 

your opinion is based on one game

No it isn't.   It's based on healthy vs not healthy.    The Packers game was as healthy as he was all season until last week.  I've watched all the games.    You have not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

No it isn't.   It's based on healthy vs not healthy.    The Packers game was as healthy as he was all season until last week.  I've watched all the games.    You have not

 

so then what happen vs us and vs the chiefs? he magically got unhealthy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...