Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016 Schedule

CR91

1 minute ago, SilentHill said:

Yay, I get to go see the Colts lose to the Jets again.

Same here. Are you from the NY area? I went to the last game in 2012 where Tebow and Sanchez went wild on us the week after we came back against the Packers. Also went to MNF against the Giants last year (Reggie's last TD).

Just now, bababooey said:

Same here. Are you from the NY area? I went to the last game in 2012 where Tebow and Sanchez went wild on us the week after we came back against the Packers. Also went to MNF against the Giants last year (Reggie's last TD).

Yep, im about 100 miles north of NYC I've been to all the Colts Jets Giants games including preseason since 2012.

Just now, SilentHill said:

Yep, im about 100 miles north of NYC I've been to all the Colts Jets Giants games including preseason since 2012.

Oh wow so Metlife is quite a hike for you. I'm from over the border in CT (an hour drive from NYC) but after college I moved an hour south in CT which is a 50 minute train ride from GC. I go whenever the Colts are in town, as well as every time the Giants and Jets play each other. I don't bother with preseason though.

1 minute ago, MTC said:

Always dread seeing the Steelers on our schedule. We can never beat them.

At least we aren't playing NE next season.... :pokerface:

So we will just get the Jets who we are 0-3 against including Peyton's last game (last win was AFC championship in 09 I believe)

We better come to play from the start,  We could easily lose all 5 road games outside our division if we do not correct the issues that plagued this team in the beginning of the season with Luck playing. 

Barring a huge upgrade in the O line and a strong pass rush we could easily fall to 7-9 next season. However I do hold out hope against Pittsburgh, its about time we got a win against them and we do seem to pay the Chiefs very well so who knows

I got an idea, lets play 'em one at a time

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

not a cake walk by any means

Home

texans

jags 

titans

chargers

chiefs

bears

lions

steelers

Away

texans

jags

titans

broncos

raiders

packers

vikings

jets

At least we get the Steelers at home this time, that away schedule is still pretty icky though. I might have to bite the bullet and get tickets for the Broncos game when they go on sale, I have yet to see a game there.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

vikings new stadium is outside

While you are technically correct that all stadiums are outside. Vikings stadium has a roof. that constitutes "indoors". The entire point is that it's not like we're going to have to sit in the tundra like in Green Bay. No need to be a jerk.

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

I'm like 25 minutes from MetLife but I've never seen the Colts play there. I was gonna go last year to see the Giants-Colts game but I had something going on that week. I'm hoping I can finally go there and watch them this time. :)

Just now, bababooey said:

While you are technically correct that all stadiums are outside. Vikings stadium has a roof. that constitutes "indoors". The entire point is that it's not like we're going to have to sit in the tundra like in Green Bay. No need to be a jerk.

not being a jerk. their new stadium is outside. I dont think it has a retractable roof. if it did, they would close it this weekend with the temp being 4 degrees

2 minutes ago, Andrew Luck's Beard said:

I'm like 25 minutes from MetLife but I've never seen the Colts play there. I was gonna go last year to see the Giants-Colts game but I had something going on that week. I'm hoping I can finally go there and watch them this time. :)

My brother is a Jets fan living in hoboken so he's able to get right down there for the games. I'm not huge on going unless its a 1 pm game. That MNF game was great but always sucks sitting in rush hour traffic to get there, can't even tailgate, and don't get home til like 1 am because of traffic. Hate the GWB, an awful tribute to our first president.

31 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

We better come to play from the start,  We could easily lose all 5 road games outside our division if we do not correct the issues that plagued this team in the beginning of the season with Luck playing. 

We are never prepared to start the season.

week 1 - blown out by bears

week 2 - squeak out a win at home vs vikings

week 1 - close win at home vs raiders

week 2 - loss vs dolphins

week 1 - loss to broncos

week 2 - loss to eagles

week 1 - loss to bills

week 2 - loss to jets

So you can add not being prepared to start the season for the past 4 years under this regime. Time to ramp up training camp, don't you think? 

6 minutes ago, coltsva said:

We are never prepared to start the season.

week 1 - blown out by bears

week 2 - squeak out a win at home vs vikings

week 1 - close win at home vs raiders

week 2 - loss vs dolphins

week 1 - loss to broncos

week 2 - loss to eagles

week 1 - loss to bills

week 2 - loss to jets

So you can add not being prepared to start the season for the past 4 years under this regime. Time to ramp up training camp, don't you think? 

Just hope we are facing better teams in week 1 and 2. We had some better defenses we saw all year long (although they were missing their suspended players) but a bad time to try out that make shift O line. 2014 was two of the better offenses we faced too so proud we were able to go 11-3 after that with the while feasting on our division right after those two games to get back on track.

24 minutes ago, CR91 said:

not being a jerk. their new stadium is outside. I dont think it has a retractable roof. if it did, they would close it this weekend with the temp being 4 degrees

This was a major stickler when it was proposed. The proposed funding was to build an enclosed venue. However, the city municipalities stepped in along with the fans and demanded that the stadium have an open venue. All came to a consensus that the facility be built with sectional protection for all from rain & snow but allowed the outside air to be funneled in. That's the way it's being constructed. A fantastic idea. Btw ... The field is also protected from rain & snow. It has replaceable transparent openings on either side of the field.

19 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Hopefully, an infusion of young players competing to win spots and playing time, along with 2 new coordinators, will add some excitement and energy into the pre-season that carries over to the start of the season. 

yea I wouldnt bet on that. we have never had success in the preseason

52 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hard to open or close the roof in a stadium that won't be ready for play for 8mos. The Vikings are playing in the Minnesota golden gophers hone this year.