Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Prediction Mock

I am guessing Manning will be healthy come March April time, and we have a very difficult decision to make at that time. If we do get the feeling Luck will not come here, we need to trade that 1st overall pick ONLY to Cleveland so we can get no lower than the 4th overall pick to get RG3.

WIth that being said, I still think we saw a glimpse into what Irsay wants to do in his press conference, and that is rebuild and get younger. This team like it or not, is in a rebuilding stage with our best players being older veteran guys like Freeney, Wayne, Mathis, Clark, etc.

So I have the prediction that somehow a trade will be worked out to an NFC team so that we dont lose out on getting anything back in return for Manning.

Around time for his bonus to be due, Irsay and Manning sit down and discuss where this team is. Both agree it isnt quite good enough to get Manning back to the Superbowl just yet, so they agree to work on a deal that gets him to a NFC team that has a shot of getting to the SB. Those two teams come down to San Fran and Washington. I think Washington outbids them and they have talent on that roster and they will not be shy to go out and get Manning another weapon at WR like Wayne in FA. They give up their 2012 1st and 2nd round picks to get Manning.(I know many of you dont think a trade will happen because Peyton doesnt want to take away from his future team, but Washington is still pretty young and can overcome not having 1st or 2nd round picks for one year.)

Free Agency - I would like to see us go after OG Carl Nicks with the money saved from restructuring Freeney, Clark, and the trading/releasing of Manning and Wayne.

Draft...

1st overall- QB Andrew Luck (With Manning elsewhere, this is a no brainer pick. With an improved OL with the addition of Nicks, he can easily succeed early in his career.)

1st(via trade)- CB Morris Claiborne (Our secondary is one of our weakest positions so we fill a big need by adding another starter opposite Powers.)

2nd- WR Mohammed Sanu (A potential #1 WR to replace Wayne.)

2nd(via trade)- NT Dontari Poe (We take a chance on a guy who is a bit of a project, but has a huge reward factor to him.)

Rest of pics will come later

Ok here is the edited version of the draft portion of my post...

1st- QB Andrew Luck

1st(via trade)- CB Morris Claiborne

2nd- WR Mohammed Sanu

2nd(via trade)- RB Lamar Miller(Addai could be cut)

3rd- NT Brandon Thompson, Dontari Poe, or Josh Chapman

4th- DE Julian Miller(Freeney is getting up there in age and we need more youth and depth at DE)

5th- S Tavon Wilson

Rest of draft- BPA

This draft along with the additon of stud OG Carl Nicks could make this a very good team once Luck progresses. Having Sanu, a good OL, and a very good RB rotation of Miller, Brown, and Carter would make it much easier on Luck's success.

Ok here is the edited version of the draft portion of my post...

1st- QB Andrew Luck

1st(via trade)- CB Morris Claiborne

2nd- WR Mohammed Sanu

2nd(via trade)- RB Lamar Miller(Addai could be cut)

3rd- NT Brandon Thompson, Dontari Poe, or Josh Chapman

4th- DE Julian Miller(Freeney is getting up there in age and we need more youth and depth at DE)

5th- S Tavon Wilson

Rest of draft- BPA

This draft along with the additon of stud OG Carl Nicks could make this a very good team once Luck progresses. Having Sanu, a good OL, and a very good RB rotation of Miller, Brown, and Carter would make it much easier on Luck's success.

How are you getting Claiborne? Manning cannot/will not be traded.

How are you getting Claiborne? Manning cannot/will not be traded.

We still dont know for sure yet. Irsay has NOT publicly said he will absolutely not trade Peyton. At least I have not seen a statement by him regarding that. If his contract is restructured somewhat he can still yet be traded. Its not impossible.

We still dont know for sure yet. Irsay has NOT publicly said he will absolutely not trade Peyton. At least I have not seen a statement by him regarding that. If his contract is restructured somewhat he can still yet be traded. Its not impossible.

• Manning 28 Million Option bonus due March 8th
  • 2012 NFL League Year starts March 13th
  • Players can negoiate and sign one contract each league year.

It is impossible to trade him(Outside of eating 35 million in dead cap space). It is impossible for him to restructure his contract prior to the bonus due date. He will not be traded.

I am guessing Manning will be healthy come March April time, and we have a very difficult decision to make at that time. If we do get the feeling Luck will not come here, we need to trade that 1st overall pick ONLY to Cleveland so we can get no lower than the 4th overall pick to get RG3.

WIth that being said, I still think we saw a glimpse into what Irsay wants to do in his press conference, and that is rebuild and get younger. This team like it or not, is in a rebuilding stage with our best players being older veteran guys like Freeney, Wayne, Mathis, Clark, etc.

So I have the prediction that somehow a trade will be worked out to an NFC team so that we dont lose out on getting anything back in return for Manning.

Around time for his bonus to be due, Irsay and Manning sit down and discuss where this team is. Both agree it isnt quite good enough to get Manning back to the Superbowl just yet, so they agree to work on a deal that gets him to a NFC team that has a shot of getting to the SB. Those two teams come down to San Fran and Washington. I think Washington outbids them and they have talent on that roster and they will not be shy to go out and get Manning another weapon at WR like Wayne in FA. They give up their 2012 1st and 2nd round picks to get Manning.(I know many of you dont think a trade will happen because Peyton doesnt want to take away from his future team, but Washington is still pretty young and can overcome not having 1st or 2nd round picks for one year.)

Free Agency - I would like to see us go after OG Carl Nicks with the money saved from restructuring Freeney, Clark, and the trading/releasing of Manning and Wayne.

Draft...

1st overall- QB Andrew Luck (With Manning elsewhere, this is a no brainer pick. With an improved OL with the addition of Nicks, he can easily succeed early in his career.)

1st(via trade)- CB Morris Claiborne (Our secondary is one of our weakest positions so we fill a big need by adding another starter opposite Powers.)

2nd- WR Mohammed Sanu (A potential #1 WR to replace Wayne.)

2nd(via trade)- NT Dontari Poe (We take a chance on a guy who is a bit of a project, but has a huge reward factor to him.)

Rest of pics will come later

I honestly quit reading when you said he would agree to go to Washington. There is NO WAY he ends up in Washington OR Dallas unless Eli ends up in another division, if not the AFC...Peyton has said MULTIPLE times that he does NOT like to play his brother's team...he said that it is a huge emotional strain on the entire family, and he just does not like it...so why do you and so many "experts" pick him to go to Washington, just because they need a QB?

Not to mention the fact that we would have to pay his $28million BEFORE he would be able to be traded...and before anyone says "yeah but they could move that back"...Andrew Brandt says that he isnt sure if that would even be allowed, due to protest by the players' union if he tried to move it back.

People look at our 2-14 record and fail to realize that if healthy, we are more talented than the 10-6 team from the year before. Castanzo/Ijalana/Nevis/Carter are good and Collie will be healthy (we had none of those guys on the 10-6 team)...not to mention the fact that we should be adding several other good quality guys this off season via the draft etc

• Manning 28 Million Option bonus due March 8th
  • 2012 NFL League Year starts March 13th
  • Players can negoiate and sign one contract each league year.

It is impossible to trade him(Outside of eating 35 million in dead cap space). It is impossible for him to restructure his contract prior to the bonus due date. He will not be traded.

You are no joke my friend. Nothing but facts.

On another note I say fire JC aswell. Your thoughts on a replacement?

It's not impossible to trade manning, omfg I'm so sick of hearing that. I'm not for trading Manning but it can be done.

Sure, if we want to pay the $28million option bonus, and then trade him, it wouuld be possible...but why pay $28million just to send him away?

Other than that, there is no way that he could be traded....although i too am interested in seeing how it would be done in your imaginary land!

I may be in a minority but.......

1) CBs are a huge risk to take so early. This defense is still built to be a tampa 2 defense.

If we change to an attacking 3-4 then maybe...... BUT........ If you think about it, we are 2-3 good players

For completing a viable defense for Tampa 2.

We are 6-8 players away from In this defense if we moved to a 3-4.

We do need an upgrade opposite of a healthy Powers, but a superstar CB is not the biggest need.

I would hugely doubt that we take a CB early.

2) I have this gut feel that Peyton will be released. He really cant be traded. There is presecdent, with Farve,

And other aging high caliber QBs being released. Hate that PM might be gone, but he cant play forever.

This team is aging at many spots........ Tough this year to start rebuilding, much tougher later

Manning cannot be traded. It is as simple as that.

FJC is right...

...No one trades for Manning when he hanst passed a physical and they dont know he's healthy..and once he signs the $28 mi, tab..he's untradable that way either.

There is no realistic trade of Peyton Manning.

Also..Manning and Irsay are not going to sit down and come to the concluson that 60% of the SAME team that was 10-6 in 2010 with 15 boys on the DL.. isnt a winning team anymore...

I may be in a minority but.......

1) CBs are a huge risk to take so early. This defense is still built to be a tampa 2 defense.

If we change to an attacking 3-4 then maybe...... BUT........ If you think about it, we are 2-3 good players

For completing a viable defense for Tampa 2.

We are 6-8 players away from In this defense if we moved to a 3-4.

We do need an upgrade opposite of a healthy Powers, but a superstar CB is not the biggest need.

I would hugely doubt that we take a CB early.

2) I have this gut feel that Peyton will be released. He really cant be traded. There is presecdent, with Farve,

And other aging high caliber QBs being released. Hate that PM might be gone, but he cant play forever.

This team is aging at many spots........ Tough this year to start rebuilding, much tougher later

CB's are not a huge risk to take early, not at all. There just like any other player...

for the3 love of god PM cannot be traded...and even if he could be traded Jim irsay wont do it, Loyalty is part of Jimmy, wether people like it or not (and want to go all rambo no emotions...face it, emotions play a role )

That's what I love about the colts, they are loyal and emotions play a big role. That's why Reggie Wayne took less money to stay here. That's why Bill Polian tried several times to keep Marvin Harrison. That's why the colts are my favorite organization, not to mention the outstanding people that have been a part of it like Tony Dungy among many others.