Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can this Regime win a Championship?

BProland85

With Pagano and Grigson brought back for another 4 years, do you honestly believe this regime can win Indy a Championship during that span? We're getting to the point where Indy should be getting very close to knocking on the door for the Superbowl. Yes, Indy got there to the AFC Championship game last year, but was embarrassed when they got there.

What makes you as a fan believe this 4 years will be different than the last? Will certain things change such as Pagano giving more say as to who is drafted and what free agents are brought in? Will Pagano finally have full control over his staff and player decisions?

Time will tell.

13 minutes ago, ALL BLUE said:

Yep must be a real *.Making a living as GM in the NFL. Must be dumber than a box of rocks.

You think trading a first round pick for Richardson is the work of a smart person? You think drafting Phillip Dorsett in the first round was the work of a bright individual? You must have very low intelligence standards bro

52 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

You think trading a first round pick for Richardson is the work of a smart person? You think drafting Phillip Dorsett in the first round was the work of a bright individual? You must have very low intelligence standards bro

Lawrence Maroney? 1st round. They all have bad decisions.

1 hour ago, Pacergeek said:

We all thought Trent was the right thing to do. All of us. Hindsight is 20/20.

The logic on Dorsett is understood. Might not be the choice many of us would make, but the logic is sound.

Intelligence is not Grigson's problem.

8 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Not until they field a team capable of rolling with the Steelers and Pats.  We aren't even close right now. 

Even with all the problems the Colts had this season they give the Patriots all they wanted. The beat an undefeated Bronco team and took Carolina into over time. You are wrong with your comment IMO.

Or to put it another way, can the Colts win despite being handicapped by Grigson? Yes, but they'll need better position coaches, better schemes and better play-calling. These things are still under their control, even with Grigson at the helm.

They'll also have to hope Grigson quits blowing 1st round picks, quits meddling in coaching, quits meddling in line-up decisions, and starts getting it right more often than not on free agent signings. 

39 minutes ago, lester said:

The logic on Dorsett is understood. Might not be the choice many of us would make, but the logic is sound.

Not even close to "all of us"

48 minutes ago, lester said:

Plenty of people (including me) hated the trade from day 1 ... I don't know what forum you were reading. 

34 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Even with all the problems the Colts had this season they give the Patriots all they wanted. The beat an undefeated Bronco team and took Carolina into over time. You are wrong with your comment IMO.

They played the Pats tough this year for the first time in several years.  Yet they still found a way to lose to them as is their habit.  Who cares about Denver? Colts have never had any problems beating that team.  They are not the nemesis that Pittsburgh and New England is to this team.  Until the Colts can actually beat them they won't be legitimate Super Bowls threats anytime soon. 

No they can't. Why , after last nights kiss and make up session it's painfully obvious the office is disfunctional. They come out and blame mediocrity on greesy being a big meany and chucky just to much of a punk to deal with it. What I don't understand is why you people were not totally embarrassed by that show . 19 is spinning in his grave. Look at these pinheads record 90% of wins was just barely and 90% of loses were blow outs. Now we got to live through this embarrassing mess. 

No way,no how. I don't buy the whole grigs n pags kiss and made up. I think Sean Payton said he wasn't interested in the job and he was the guy irsay wanted and when that was unrealistic he then tried to fend the fences and keep both. I bet they both have contracts full of clauses  so they can be rid of without paying any remaining money.

48 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

He's so very wrong.   

This team is very close.   

Just need to get more consistent on offense. 

2 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

It's not like the man has all of the answers. I'll have to put my faith in his ability to get better, and the fact Mr. Irsay kept these men together, is enough for me at the moment. Considering they get paid by persons much smarter than we are as fans. JMO

20 minutes ago, Nilescolt said:

No they can't. Why , after last nights kiss and make up session it's painfully obvious the office is disfunctional. They come out and blame mediocrity on greesy being a big meany and chucky just to much of a punk to deal with it. What I don't understand is why you people were not totally embarrassed by that show . 19 is spinning in his grave. Look at these pinheads record 90% of wins was just barely and 90% of loses were blow outs. Now we got to live through this embarrassing mess. 

19 was mad at the move and supported the Ravens, so I doubt it.

8 minutes ago, colts_100nascar17fan said:

I bet they both have contracts full of clauses  so they can be rid of without paying any remaining money.

Nope, no coach or GM would accept such a deal.  it has to be guaranteed.  There can (and likely will be) offset language, but nobody will accept a non guaranteed coaching contract, or one full of clauses that would allow an owner to fire for 'just cause 'on about any issue, small or large.  TrVth.

If Luck is 100% healthy and stops turning the ball over along with a solid amount of added talent via FA and the draft I personally think they can.  A lot of work needs to be done but hopefully this supposed "rift issue," will be cleaned up.  However if the Colts have injures like they did, no they won't even have a chance with the injures sustained this season.  

I think we can win the SB with this regime. Just need to get a little younger, get better on the O.Line, and get a good Pass Rusher in the Draft. We were just 1 game away from the SB last season and had we played anyone else other than the Pats we would've won the Conference IMO. Ravens would've had to come here and we usually beat them no matter how good they are.

8 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Doesn't anyone remember Cam Newton (not so long ago) sitting on the bench with a towel over his head pouting after another loss?   Everyone in the media was on his case....now look at him.   Things can change quick in the NFL and we can as well.

That's what I keep saying too. Panthers were 7-8-1 last season and now are 15-1.

1 hour ago, colts_100nascar17fan said:

No way,no how. I don't buy the whole grigs n pags kiss and made up. I think Sean Payton said he wasn't interested in the job and he was the guy irsay wanted and when that was unrealistic he then tried to fend the fences and keep both. I bet they both have contracts full of clauses  so they can be rid of without paying any remaining money.

No way are there 'clauses" in their contracts or they wouldn't have signed them. What you seen not to understand is both Pagano and Grigson would have had jobs real quick had they been fired. It is some of the fan base who think all the negative and follow * media hounds looking to sell their articles.

Absolutely not. But they should win another AFC South division title, and not be a Division title participant next year, since it is the worst division in the entire league, when an 8-8 Colts team nearly could have took it if Houston didn't get their stuff together.