Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim is the problem with this team

superrep1967

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Somebody on here mentioned before that Jim was the problem and I agree.  I'm no longer a Colts fan our owner is a * and these losers who will never build a team that will compete with the likes of the Pats and Steelers.  It'll be the same old song and dance. Jim go home and pop your pills because it's odious you don't care about this team so I don't either. So I guess will be the Clippers of the NFL in the old days. Luck please don't resign with this team if you care about winning and your health. 

You mean the Steelers that had to rely on the Bills to bury the Jets, or last years Steelers team that lost to the Ravens in the Wild Card after finishing with an 11-5 record?

3 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Somebody on here mentioned before that Jim was the problem and I agree.  I'm no longer a Colts fan our owner is a * and these losers who will never build a team that will compete with the likes of the Pats and Steelers.  It'll be the same old song and dance. Jim go home and pop your pills because it's odious you don't care about this team so I don't either. So I guess will be the Clippers of the NFL in the old days. Luck please don't resign with this team if you care about winning and your health. 

Fine by me. More room on the wagon. Watch that step off the wagon, don't want you falling....... freaking bandwagon fans are so annoying.

5 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Another poster made a complete fool of himself writing a similar rant.     I'm sorry you chose to go down the same path.       You get the same unfortunate outcome.     You look bad.

No one is forcing you to be a fan of the team.     If you want to leave,  there's the door.

No one will stop you from leaving.

Bye............

8 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

See Ya, have a great day.

I am starting to believe the rumors - and that is yes Irsay is to blame for all of this!  I see the no changes as him puffing out his owner chest as to say - I am in charge and I will make this work and look like a genius ,,,,

At the same time, Grigs came across very nervous in that presser last night - every time they would take about his contract he would grab his water and gulp it ... as if he knew something was up.   This body language seemed to really give off a lot of information.    That gave me some sort of long shot hope that he still may be a goner!

9 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Yeah waste your time while the Colts get there butt kicked over and over again by the good teams

I hear the Browns, Cowboys, and Jags are looking for bandwagon fans like you....  might want to troll there!  Have fun, don't bother coming back....

1 hour ago, hawkeyes said:

I am starting to believe the rumors - and that is yes Irsay is to blame for all of this!  I see the no changes as him puffing out his owner chest as to say - I am in charge and I will make this work and look like a genius ,,,,

At the same time, Grigs came across very nervous in that presser last night - every time they would take about his contract he would grab his water and gulp it ... as if he knew something was up.   This body language seemed to really give off a lot of information.    That gave me some sort of long shot hope that he still may be a goner!

This upcoming Draft and what he does in the offseason Free Agency wise is probably a make or break for him.

10 hours ago, jskinnz said:

So who will be your team now?

Arizona Cardinals. They do more than the Colts with less on-field talent. The Colts have decided to keep Pagano and Grigson. I expect the same old slow starts, lack of preparation, lack of adjustments, and under-performance of the teams talent.

1 minute ago, CoachLite said:

Airizona Cardinals. They do more than the Colts with less on-field talent. The Colts have decided to keep Pagano and Grigson. I expect the same old slow starts, lack of preparation, lack of adjustments, and under-performance of the teams talent.

Less Talent? Arizona's Defense is 10 times better than ours. Andrew Luck was injured this year for over half the season so they even had a better QB in Palmer. They have a lot more talent then we have.

8 minutes ago, CoachLite said:
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Less Talent? Arizona's Defense is 10 times better than ours. Andrew Luck was injured this year for over half the season so they even had a better QB in Palmer. They have a lot more talent then we have.

I'm not disagreeing that the Cardinals "look" like they have more talent because of their better performance. But the Colts have some very talented players that often look dazed and confused (or playing in panic mode). To me, the confusion is indicative of the half-baked slogans of a coach out of his league.

36 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Arizona Cardinals. They do more than the Colts with less on-field talent. The Colts have decided to keep Pagano and Grigson. I expect the same old slow starts, lack of preparation, lack of adjustments, and under-performance of the teams talent.

If you think the Colts have more talent than the Cardinals, then you simply have no idea what you are talking about.  

11 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

I hear Cleveland is looking for some fans to sit in the dog pound.

Sometimes I wonder how much more fan outrage there would be if the Colts hadn't lucked into drafting at #1 the two years that it actually mattered. This franchise has been given two golden tickets over the last 20 years, and even with the advantage of rare stability at the quarterback position during that time, for one reason or another they just can't seem to figure out how to build the rest of the team. Can you even imagine how bad this franchise would have been during this time if they hadn't been gifted not one, but two franchise quarterbacks???

If a team like the Jets, for example, had Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck, they probably would have been the next great dynasty...instead they are stuck in a perennial search for a quarterback that can take them to that next step...much like 80% of the league. Don't be milquetoast...something just isn't working there.

To each his/her own. I have never "stopped" being a fan even as a child. Part of being a fan is being ticked off and disgruntled, screaming and all the other god stuff. I changed favorites as I grew to know the players and the games but still held on to the originals. Never really had one favorite college team as to me that is different than pro ball. Cubs fans of which I am one have been holding to a dream for 100+ years and hopefully before I die I'll see them ion a world series or maybe I won't. I went through the disaster called Super Bowl III and still feel that pain as well as the midnight sneak out on Mayflower trucks. But what else is there to do? Fans don't make winners or losers only the team members do that. So going fishing for another team when you can't help or hurt is like going to watch other people eat steak through the restaurant window knowing you will still be hungry when they are finished.

13 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

A true bandwagon fan. Out of curiosity, who was your team Pre-Luck era? Just FYI, a true fan sticks with his/her team even when they go 0-16.

2 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

Sometimes I wonder how much more fan outrage there would be if the Colts hadn't lucked into drafting at #1 the two years that it actually mattered. This franchise has been given two golden tickets over the last 20 years, and even with the advantage of rare stability at the quarterback position during that time, for one reason or another they just can't seem to figure out how to build the rest of the team. Can you even imagine how bad this franchise would have been during this time if they hadn't been gifted not one, but two franchise quarterbacks???

If a team like the Jets, for example, had Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck, they probably would have been the next great dynasty...instead they are stuck in a perennial search for a quarterback that can take them to that next step...much like 80% of the league. Don't be milquetoast...something just isn't working there.

With SOME due respect, can you imagine what New England might be in the next several years without Brady/and/or Belichick? 

Don't cry on another man's pillow. 

14 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

Jim owned the team when the Colts were the best team in football, too.  If he's such a problem, how do you explain that?

I'd like to have seen Grigson replaced.  But what Irsay did today was gutsy, rare, and commendable.  The Steelers are great because they have continuity (just 3 HCs in 45 years!).

It'll be interesting to see how the team reacts next season -- I'm willing to bet it gives them a whole new sense of purpose.

They have continuity, just 3 coaches in half a century, Because when they hire a coach he is a GOOD COACH. They don't hire pagano's.

3 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

The Jets found their QB, not Fitzmagic's fault the game plan involved starting Steven Ridley and giving FA to be Chris Ivory 6 carries and employing a fat place kicker in Randy Bullock.

43 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

With SOME due respect, can you imagine what New England might be in the next several years without Brady/and/or Belichick? 

Don't cry on another man's pillow. 

It will be quite adjustment...but I don't think you are understanding my point. The Colts don't change their philosophy in failure...and that is what I would be irate at if I was a fan. They have shown twice now in the last few years alone that if something goes wrong with their starting quarterback, the team folds up dies. You guys continue to use first round picks on offense when it's not their need and the coaches couldn't even make a baby cry. Build a team with some depth so that when one player does go down, it doesn't cripple you. You had two winning lottery tickets in your pocket, but instead of cashing it in you just keep buying the 2$ scratchers. 

4 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

They have shown twice now in the last few years alone that if something goes wrong with their starting quarterback, the team folds up dies. 

Dude they went 6-3!!! What are you talking about?!

17 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

They have continuity, just 3 coaches in half a century, Because when they hire a coach he is a GOOD COACH. They don't hire pagano's.

FYI, Bill Cowher had two seasons at 6-10, another at 7-9, another at 8-8.  Chuck Noll had a bunch of seasons at or below .500.

I agree that Cowher and Noll were good coaches.  But the key point is that their team stuck with them through thin times.

Duke almost fired Coach K after his first few seasons.  Bob Knight called former Duke AD Tom Butters to plead K's case.  They stuck with him, and the rest is history.

Most of the Colts' chief woes this year weren't Pagano's fault.  That he got them to 8-8 in the circumstances was remarkable.

1 minute ago, dynasty13 said:

It will be quite adjustment...but I don't think you are understanding my point. The Colts don't change their philosophy in failure...and that is what I would be irate at if I was a fan. They have shown twice now in the last few years alone that if something goes wrong with their starting quarterback, the team folds up dies. You guys continue to use first round picks on offense when it's not their need and the coaches couldn't even make a baby cry. Build a team with some depth so that when one player does go down, it doesn't cripple you. You had two winning lottery tickets in your pocket, but instead of cashing it in you just keep buying the 2$ scratchers. 

Look, I get the point you're trying to make. And, I understand it. Yeah, the defense needs cranking and I'm not thrilled with every pick from the draft. But, you can't leave out the negative intangibles that seem to haunt this organization. Prior to this year and even at the start of this one the Colts have trended in the right direction. ONE losing season in over a decade & beyond. (2011)

For the next several years this organization will be exceedingly moving the ranks upward. When the next few defenses are created & molded, it's gonna be a tough row to hoe for the rest of the NFL IMO.

Ya know, I thought that was a Class, Great news conference.
Irsay was telling it straight and from the heart and so did Grigson.
Chuck was all smiles and one Happy Happy guy.
 Can`t wait to see where we are at after the draft and free agency.
 Irsay said we need to get younger! Yip!
 Now we just need to sign Andrew to a 5 yr $60M contract. :D fully guaranteed of course!!

28 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

FYI, Bill Cowher had two seasons at 6-10, another at 7-9, another at 8-8.  Chuck Noll had a bunch of seasons at or below .500.

I agree that Cowher and Noll were good coaches.  But the key point is that their team stuck with them through thin times.

Duke almost fired Coach K after his first few seasons.  Bob Knight called former Duke AD Tom Butters to plead K's case.  They stuck with him, and the rest is history.

Most of the Colts' chief woes this year weren't Pagano's fault.  That he got them to 8-8 in the circumstances was remarkable.

A coaches record does not always indicate his skill level. For example Jim Caldwell went 14-2 and could have went Undefeated if they tried to. But I wouldn't say Caldwell is in the same level as Don Shula, would you?

Noll & Cower have a presence and their intelligence and skill level are obvious regardless of some losing seasons.

Pagano does not exude high coaching intelligence or skill level. Especially when playing upper tier teams outside our division.

4 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

Hmm, interesting comment (and it figures that it would be coming from a Patriots fan) when over the last 10 years, the Colts are the 2nd winning-est team in the NFL with 110 wins, eclipsed only by your Patriots with 122 over the same period. During the 2000 - 2009 decade (Manning's heyday), the Colts had more regular season wins than any team in the history of the NFL in any decade (the Patriots had more overall wins in the same period including playoff wins at 133 to the Colts' 130). Those stats indicate anything BUT a bad franchise. Enjoy your status as the best franchise in the NFL during Belichick's tenure. It's been truly impressive. But sorry, your point about the Colts is hereby refuted.

59 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

They have shown twice now in the last few years alone that if something goes wrong with their starting quarterback, the team folds up dies. 

Dustin said this being sarcastic, but I'm going to say it seriously: The team went 6-3 with backup QBs this year. In what world does that equal 'folding up and dying'? 

If we weren't 2-5 with the starting QB, we probably win the division. Unlike 2011, we got the backup QB situation right this time. 

1 hour ago, luv_pony_express said:

the Bengals agree

2 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

Your team won 7 less games when Brady went down in 08. Ours won 5 less.