Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jim is the problem with this team

superrep1967

Somebody on here mentioned before that Jim was the problem and I agree.  I'm no longer a Colts fan our owner is a * and these losers who will never build a team that will compete with the likes of the Pats and Steelers.  It'll be the same old song and dance. Jim go home and pop your pills because it's odious you don't care about this team so I don't either. So I guess will be the Clippers of the NFL in the old days. Luck please don't resign with this team if you care about winning and your health. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Somebody on here mentioned before that Jim was the problem and I agree.  I'm no longer a Colts fan our owner is a * and these losers who will never build a team that will compete with the likes of the Pats and Steelers.  It'll be the same old song and dance. Jim go home and pop your pills because it's odious you don't care about this team so I don't either. So I guess will be the Clippers of the NFL in the old days. Luck please don't resign with this team if you care about winning and your health. 

3 losing seasons during his ownership? 

8 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Stop being a cry baby , you can't fire guys when they have never had a losing season and what not, u talking bout steelers and pats they don't fire coaches fast cause we had better records than the steelers I think 3 of pags 4 yrs 

It's comical how thin skinned some are in regards to Jim Irsay. I still remember how bad we were in the 80's. Count On Losing This Sunday! That's the acronym we as fans had to live with. Remember, that was the days when the Patriots were a laughing stock. These are good days, whether we are in the playoffs this year or not. We have allot to be thankful for now, and Jim Irsay is the reason. JMO

22 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

You can try eminent domain , but trust me, it doesn't work ! Lol 

12 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Yeah waste your time while the Colts get there butt kicked over and over again by the good teams

Jim owned the team when the Colts were the best team in football, too.  If he's such a problem, how do you explain that?

I'd like to have seen Grigson replaced.  But what Irsay did today was gutsy, rare, and commendable.  The Steelers are great because they have continuity (just 3 HCs in 45 years!).

It'll be interesting to see how the team reacts next season -- I'm willing to bet it gives them a whole new sense of purpose.

Obviously an over reaction from the OP but..... why put Chuck AND the team through all the speculation and angst if the plan was to give him a long term deal? As Mooch just said on NFL Metwork the team must have been affected by all the negativity this season. Irsay comes over as a weak and ineffectual owner in my opinion. I'm pleased that Chuck is staying (less so about Grigson) but I feel the way this has been handled has been detrimental to the team.

1 minute ago, MartinPeterson said:

Obviously an over reaction from the OP but..... why put Chuck AND the team through all the speculation and angst if the plan was to give him a long term deal? As Mooch just said on NFL Metwork the team must have been affected by all the negativity this season. Irsay comes over as a weak and ineffectual owner in my opinion. I'm pleased that Chuck is staying (less so about Grigson) but I feel the way this has been handled has been detrimental to the team.

I honestly think Irsay had not made any decision on the staff changes until today.  

Maybe he got Pagano and Grigson to agree contractually on control of certain things.  

1 minute ago, ricker182 said:

I honestly think Irsay had not made any decision on the staff changes until today.  

Maybe he got Pagano and Grigson to agree contractually on control of certain things.  

Then all that "tied at the hip" nonsense was just that - nonsense?

2 minutes ago, MartinPeterson said:

Then all that "tied at the hip" nonsense was just that - nonsense?

I'm just speculating.  

Obviously they don't see eye to eye.  

Pagano and Grigson made that apparent in the conference.  

Irsay must have gotten them to "kiss and make up".

I would assume that means Pagano actually has control of the day to day stuff now,where as reported before, is something supposedly he didn't have.

1 minute ago, ricker182 said:

I'm just speculating.  

Obviously they don't see eye to eye.  

Pagano and Grigson made that apparent in the conference.  

Irsay must have gotten them to "kiss and make up".

I would assume that means Pagano actually has control of the day to day stuff now,where as reported before, is something supposedly he didn't have.

It was pretty clear from body language Pagano "won" that meeting and Grigson "lost" I mean Grigson never looks happy and Chuck normally does look happy but Pagano darn near looked like the cat who ate the canary and Grigson was a step above flat out pouting. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

It was pretty clear from body language Pagano "won" that meeting and Grigson "lost" I mean Grigson never looks happy and Chuck normally does look happy but Pagano darn near looked like the cat who ate the canary and Grigson was a step above flat out pouting. 

Again IDK how much of Kravitz's article was true, but I do believe there is SOME truth to it.  

And I agree with your assessment.  

It looked liked Grigson was scolded by Irsay for beating up on Chuck.  

1 hour ago, superrep1967 said:

Goodbye sweet prince.

Not a great personal fan of our owner, but I don't spend time thinking much about him. Just want the team to win, and be a team that makes it fun and interesting to follow and root for. Jim will do what Jim will do, and there are many times his comments or tweets or semi lucid statements are almost unintelligible, but oh well.Go Colts!

58 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I was about to post damn near exactly that!   I agree...I kept reminding myself while watching that Grigson always looks a little more somber than Pagano, but this seemed far beyond the norm.  Grigson smiles quite a bit during press conferences about the draft and free agency...only time I saw him smile was today was when they took the pics at the end....and that one seemed rather forced.  Still, may be reading too much into it.

14 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

I was about to post damn near exactly that!   I agree...I kept reminding myself while watching that Grigson always looks a little more somber than Pagano, but this seemed far beyond the norm.  Grigson smiles quite a bit during press conferences about the draft and free agency...only time I saw him smile was today was when they took the pics at the end....and that one seemed rather forced.  Still, may be reading too much into it.

I was thinking the same too.  Grigs looked the world to me like a guy who was just told that he can stay, but on a very short leash.  He did seem to loosen and lighten up a little the last time he spoke, though, when he was talking about the club's future.

2 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Bye Felicia! LOL

I bet you the start of the season, this guy will be watching the 1st Colts game of the season.