Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Griffin Says He Would Gladly Sit Behind Manning

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys make it seem like guys who stay in the pocket never get hurt also with our O line RG3 would be more successful than Luck and take less hits

Our O-line is improving. Luck is mobile enough to get out of the pocket. When compared to RGIII, Luck is not as elusive or as fast in the open field, but fast enough to avoid the rush in the pocket.

Our O-line is improving. Luck is mobile enough to get out of the pocket. When compared to RGIII, Luck is not as elusive or as fast in the open field, but fast enough to avoid the rush in the pocket.

How do you know this? his college O line is better than our current one and its not like he played in the SEC hes not running away from NFL defenses in the pocket

How do you know this? his college O line is better than our current one and its not like he played in the SEC hes not running away from NFL defenses in the pocket

Neither has RGIII, but you can see quickness and atheletic ability in both players regardless. Playing in the SEC does not guarantee success in the NFL at the QB position. If this were the case, all good QB's would come from the SEC.

You guys make it seem like guys who stay in the pocket never get hurt also with our O line RG3 would be more successful than Luck and take less hits

Not at all. Look at case in point: Peyton. He stays mainly in the pocket, and he got hurt enough to require 3 surgeries. Staying in the pocket does not guarantee an injury-free career. However, it does decrease the probability of injury when compared to a QB that likes to rush often.

Luck 2011 rushing attempts at Stanford :47

RG3 2011 rushing attempts at Baylor: 179

Peyton Manning 1997 rushing attempts at Tennesee: 49

Playing in the SEC does not guarantee success in the NFL at the QB position. If this were the case, all good QB's would come from the SEC.

Case in point: this year's QB draft class. Where are the SEC QB prospects rated?

#19 QB Jarrett Lee, LSU

#23 QB Jordan Jefferson, LSU

#24 QB John Brantley, Florida

#27 QB Barrett Trotter, Auburn

#28 QB Stephen Garcia, SC

#39 QB Matt Simms, Tenn

All of them are projected to go as UDFAs.

Just saw on ESPN First Take where RG3 would asked if he would be comfortable sitting behind Peyton Manning for a while if drafted by Indianapolis. He said he would do it gladly because of his respect and admiration for Manning and that he didn't want to be the guy that sent Peyton packing. He also said Manning should be allowed to play as long as he wants in Indy.

Sounds like a more humble guy and someone who is more willing to sit and learn than Andrew Luck to me.

From my review of ESPN First Take that aired on January 12, RG3 did not say anything. It was Skip Bayless (a talking head) that commented that he thought RG3 would be more willing to sit.

Here it is: http://search.espn.go.com/results?searchString=first%20take&start=16&dims=6

Skip Bayless' comment about his opinion that RG3 would be more willing to sit happens at around the 5:00 mark.

From my review of ESPN First Take that aired on January 12, RG3 did not say anything. It was Skip Bayless (a talking head) that commented that he thought RG3 would be more willing to sit.

Here it is: http://search.espn.g...start=16&dims=6

Skip Bayless' comment about his opinion that RG3 would be more willing to sit happens at around the 5:00 mark.

So this whole thread about what a humble guy he is and how he would be better for the Colts because he would be happy to sit behind Manning and not cause a QB controversy is.... hogwash?

If we have too I say we take him at 1 Id rather trade down and get picks. RG3 is only behind Luck in terms of the mental parts of the game but I say he throws it better than Luck does. Under Peyton RG3 has the potential to be an absolute monster in the league

take RG3 at #1, what are you smoking? RG3 is going #3 to the Brown Clowns, they know how to trade up for QB busts and this time will be no different for them. :)

So this whole thread about what a humble guy he is and how he would be better for the Colts because he would be happy to sit behind Manning and not cause a QB controversy is.... hogwash?

Finally, I found it!

It was during an interview on the Doug Gottlieb radio show: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7451876

RG3 said he would be happy to sit behind Peyton around the 2:50 mark.

All I know is RG3 looks kind of small....about the same size as Vick. Big Ben has won 2 Super Bowls by being able to absorb hits and make a play. Eli Manning beat the 49ers by being able to absorb hits and make plays. Michael Vick can't do that. He has to outrun them. That's all fine and dandy, but the QB's who have won the most Super Bowls are the guys who can take a lick and keep on ticking.

All I know is RG3 looks kind of small....about the same size as Vick. Big Ben has won 2 Super Bowls by being able to absorb hits and make a play. Eli Manning beat the 49ers by being able to absorb hits and make plays. Michael Vick can't do that. He has to outrun them. That's all fine and dandy, but the QB's who have won the most Super Bowls are the guys who can take a lick and keep on ticking.

He is the same size as Aaron Rodgers. Size/toughness is not the concern.

We'll know the truth soon enough, when he gets officially measured at the combine.