Pagano agrees to a contract extension, Grigson retained [Mega-merge]

Lef

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, Ryan & Chuck have disagreements, and they may get spirited. The media isn't used to being around it, and exagerates? Who's the snitch? Who's lying to us? Seems we've been scammed.

I'm wondering if the Colts needs to hire a media good humor guy who meets with local press regularly and answers their questions, so they feel like a part of the process.

5 minutes ago, buccolts said:

So, Ryan & Chuck have disagreements, and they may get spirited. The media isn't used to being around it, and exagerates? Who's the snitch? Who's lying to us? Seems we've been scammed.

I'm wondering if the Colts needs to hire a media good humor guy who meets with local press regularly and answers their questions, so they feel like a part of the process.

You are absolutely right!.  All of these hit pieces on Grigson...ALL OF THEM... are because he doesn't treat the media with open arms...and I love it.

in grigsons defense, yes he made a couple bad choices, but he also made a couple of good choices.  Hopefully he learned from those bad choices and draft needs instead of best player possible and not to obtain old free agents.  I always thought our Offense was the problem because we can never convert on 3rd down and redzone.  Its been like that throughout our 2nd-4th year.  Hopefully we can get an Offensive guru during the offseason.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Did that include the time in the presser where Irsay said that, in all the years Polian was here, Grigson has outdone Irsay? LOL.

He didn't say 'in all the years.' He said 'through four years.' 

And record-wise, it's not close to being debatable. 

I don't get all the media hate. 

They talk to guys in the building. Those guys tell them "man things are so messed up so and so does this and that"

They report what those people say/imply

Do people really think these guys just sit behind a computer and start typing a made up story?

If fans should be mad at anything, it's at the people at 56th St that won't put there name to anything. 

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Too bad NO ONE ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET went to Vegas and put money down on Pagano and Grigson both getting extensions when all was said and done.

I'll show you my post a few days ago if I can find it...but I did not go to Vegas

51 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Like Kravitz?

Yeah but wth does he know? He's a columnist, not even a beat writer and given the nature of his writing the organization is naturally gonna keep him at a distance. He don't know % he just has sources. Sources can misinterpret things just as easy as us.

The guy has over a 60% winning percentage. He has a 3-3 playoff record. He has beaten many good teams over the years despite the rhetoric thrown around that he hasn't. We don't suck. We aren't average. The team didnt collapse. We just had a bad year. It happens. Some fans are getting way too wrapped up in superficial nonsense to see the reality of the situation. Anything short of a SB title this year and the naysayers would've been saying the same crap they say today. I'm glad our owner doesn't bend to the pressure of the emotional whine fest. This year could turn out to be the best thing for this team. Struggle fuels progress.  

Even this season, we are picking in the bottom half of the first round. So we collapse and are still better than most teams? Cmon! We are better than the rest of our division with a healthy Andrew Luck and we are easily a playoff team. If we are healthy we are a top 3 team in the AFC as is, I believe that. The only teams I fear in the entire league are PITT and NE. And I have always feared them. That has nothing to do with who our coach is.

Sure, you can point to some failures. But if you are even halfway honest about it, there have been far more successes than failures. The emotional nitwits want to give all the credit to one guy, but anyone who knows football at all, has to understand that it is the ultimate team sport. Look at the Packers this year with Aaron Rodgers. They have fallen apart down the stretch without the wideouts. Look at the Pats since they lost Edelman. This year we had a better record without Andrew, all of which contradicts that whole theory. 

The players wanted this. And that is far more important than satisfying some fans over reaction. 

Another thing I like is Irsay mentioning we need to get younger. He is clearly talking about the defense and I agree with that. Onward and upward.

55 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Andrew Luck will never win a Super Bowl here. I'll put money on it. He'll be the next fall guy for Irsay and his "best buddies" when things don't work.

I AGREE...Pagano has everyone fooled into believing he's a good HC. Why because he's a nice guy?? What a joke. Team never prepared, Gets crushed by physical teams, bad draft picks, never addresses O-line..should I continue?

3 minutes ago, IndyTrav said:

I don't get all the media hate. 

They talk to guys in the building. Those guys tell them "man things are so messed up so and so does this and that"

They report what those people say/imply

Do people really think these guys just sit behind a computer and start typing a made up story?

If fans should be mad at anything, it's at the people at 56th St that won't put there name to anything. 

I think they clearly sensationalize. I think they suck at fact-checking (Pagano wanted Chud, but Grigson forced him to hire Pep?), and I don't think any of them actually pay attention to anything football related. 

This story was weird from the beginning, but before there was ever any indication that Grigson and Pagano had beef, the media jumped to wild conclusions (Pagano not getting an extension means it's Super Bowl or bust?) Once they did that, they had to ride the train till it stopped. 

I'm very torn about the decision. But my favorite part is all these media know-it-alls who declared as unassailable fact that Pagano was gone being left in the dark and ultimately wrong in the end. Maybe they'll focus on the facts a little bit better.

1 hour ago, grmasterb said:

So, was Chuck that persuasive, or were all the "sources" saying Chuck would be fired full of crap? Did the media get played?

More like the media played themselves, I feel. I'm not so sure that I've seen any credible evidence that this Grigson, Pagano tension is even serious or even real, I also don't even know if there is any credibility that the colts saw Grigson and Pagano as being on the hot seats after this season. It's all the media. The media prints rumor after rumor until they consider it fact. Maybe there IS some truth to it all, but we will never know what's really going on within the organization... well, not for at least 10-15 years when someone spills it all in an interview. haha

6 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

You can tell Grigson is irritated and any time he doesn't agree with something he takes a sip of water. lol

I think he is just a quiet guy who doesn't like to be in the spotlight with the media.  He probably considers it the the worst part of his job. 

OTOH, you can tell that Pagano likes to be around people and doesn't mind being the center of attention.