Pagano agrees to a contract extension, Grigson retained [Mega-merge]

Lef

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As hard of a fan I am. This may be the beginning of the end for me. I can't take this anymore. Year after year, we clearly see our weaknesses and keep them around. These coaches done ripped thru 3 QBs this season. "He's been doing it for 3 years now, has he not"... I'll never forget that crappie Pags said. Not that he would try to get him a line. But to throw Luck under the bus like it's his fault he's getting killed back there. Then look, lacerated kidneys. I would've fired him then. The season was already over with that type thinking. All we're gonna do is beat our division again....if that, they starting to get better than us. I'm just gonna sit back and watch this season play out but I think I'm done. I don't even want another team. On to bball...Go Cavs!!

Sounds to me like if Pagano is fired now so is Ryan.  

Irsay gave Pagano more control.  

REMEMBER: 

They can still be fired. The extension only means money and there job is safe for one more season.  

It's not guaranteed they'll be there for 4 more years.

If Grigson is confirmed back this really disgusts me as a fan. The only way this should happen is if Pagano is given full control over his players and coaching staff and has more say in who gets drafted (meaning defensive players)

With that said, there still should be some coaching changes, primarily at special teams, OL, and QB coach.

Just now, BProland85 said:

If Grigson is confirmed back this really disgusts me as a fan. The only way this should happen is if Pagano is given full control over his players and coaching staff and has more say in who gets drafted (meaning defensive players)

With that said, there still should be some coaching changes, primarily at special teams, OL, and QB coach.

Not only is he back, he has a 3 year contract extension.

1 minute ago, ricker182 said:

Sounds to me like if Pagano is fired now so is Ryan.  

Irsay gave Pagano more control.  

REMEMBER: 

They can still be fired. The extension only means money and there job is safe for one more season.  

It's not guaranteed they'll be there for 4 more years.

Sure they can. But, almost every Head Coach and GM contract is fully guaranteed.  They can be fired, but Irsay still has to pay them their full amount.  Unless, another team hires them and there is offset language (again, almost always is) in their contract where the new team now pays them, and the Colts only make up any shortfall (if any).

8 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Doesn't make sense at all.  Why go through all of this drama with making him a lame duck just to keep him?  Toxic relationships can't be fixed in one meeting. I'm already afraid about next season. 

What toxic relationships?  Jimmy just said that he knows what reality was.  Not kravitz.

1 minute ago, theblueplague said:

Anyone else kind of annoyed at Chuck's smiling and joking, just one day after the Colts missed the playoffs?

Well, Ol Chuck believes that was his greatest season.  All these wins against the jags, Falcons, Texans, Bucs, Titans.......

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

Sure they can. But, almost every Head Coach and GM contract is fully guaranteed.  They can be fired, but Irsay still has to pay them their full amount.  Unless, another team hires them and there is offset language (again, almost always is) in their contract where the new team now pays them, and the Colts only make up any shortfall (if any).

That's chump change to an NFL team.  

Money won't dissuade him from firing anyone.

Good for Coach. Sometimes continuity is all that is needed. Plus the lack of quality/qualified coaching replacements is disturbing. Here's  to hoping all of the dis functional talk can be settled, and we can get back to our winning ways. My only concern is our record outside of the devision.  Hopefully we will see that statistic improved. 2016 here we come!

Just now, ALucksNeckBeard said:

I like hearing Jim say we have to get younger. No more 30+ free agent signings.

It's sad that the owner has to point that out to the GM.  It's always been such a great strategy in the past....

A contract extension!

A 3 year contract extension to stay "tied at the hip" to Pagano.

Just a few days ago things between these two were described as "toxic" and now we are doubling down with them.

This one is high up there on the list of strange turn of events, folks. Right up near the top.