Lef

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saw this on the Saints forums since they were worried about Payton coming here:

Per Adam Schefter - Sean Payton signs 100000 year deal with the Colts. 

Per NFL Network - Sean Payton hires Elvis to be Def Coordinator 

Per Scooby-Doo - Sean Payton shoots down a Russian plane over Turkey

Per Agent Mulder - Sean Payton buys the 49ers and forces them into gladiatorial combat.

lmaolmaolmao 

21 minutes ago, Jules said:

I think the fact the Colts went 8-8 with 4 different QBs made Irsay want to be patient for another season.

I think next year is do or die for them both.

I am somewhat glad the rumors can end now though. 

Good point, & its probably the prudent decision in light of how the season went down...

For the haters & those harping on Irsay, the fact a knee jerk decision wasnt made, is probably the right thing to do...

If Grigs is back we need to riot in the streets of Indy. I'm being serious. He's the dumbest GM in the league and unless Irsay makes it clear that he has to sign better players and FIX the OL, he HAS to go if we want a great team. This * will go out and sign a bunch more mediocrity unless like I said. Irsay makes it clear what he expects.

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

If Grigs is back we need to riot in the streets of Indy. I'm being serious. He's the dumbest GM in the league and unless Irsay makes it clear that he has to sign better players and FIX the OL, he HAS to go if we want a great team. This * will go out and sign a bunch more mediocrity unless like I said. Irsay makes it clear what he expects.

He is not the dumbest GM.   

I don't like that he was meddling with Pagano's decisions, but he hasn't been bad. Not every pick is going to pan out. 

1 minute ago, CamMo said:

How bad could the Grigson/Pagano feud really be if they both are staying? Surely Irsay would have fired one of them if they couldn't get along?

Or... you know.. they could be adult men and squash their problems.  

Maybe Irsay finally leveled the playing field and said listen to each other and work or both of you are gone.  That will squash any problems pretty darn quick.

Oh for heavens sake people, it is one more year. Not the end of the world. If we brought in new personnel, it would set us further back. But maybe, just maybe, we can have a GM and hc with a healthy working relationship, and maybe that fixes things. If it doesnt, we lost a year. Let's get a grip...

4 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Why would Irsay want to allow a toxic relationship to continue? That's the most baffling thing. I think it's past the point where Grigs and Pagano can just smile and mend all the bridges that have been burnt.

Maybe because its not as toxic as the media says

1 minute ago, superrep1967 said:

Pagano has agreed on a contract extension I guess that means a end to Grigson. What does everybody feel about this move by Jim? I have mixed feelings myself. But maybe if we bring in a GM that Pagano and him can common ground maybe it will work. 

Edited by superrep1967

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Oh for heavens sake people, it is one more year. Not the end of the world. If we brought in new personnel, it would set us further back. But maybe, just maybe, we can have a GM and hc with a healthy working relationship, and maybe that fixes things. If it doesnt, we lost a year. Let's get a grip...

Who said its 1 year?

I think this is the best decision right now. Don't need a new regime tearing apart the decent team that is built now. Hopefully Grigson seeing his star quarterback go down makes him go all out on the offensive line. Let Chud run his own offense next year. Defense was a lot better this year and hopefully with a more efficient offense and a good second corner , it will be even better. Either way I'm sticking with the team no matter what and I'm not going to overreact.

7 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Why would Irsay want to allow a toxic relationship to continue? That's the most baffling thing. I think it's past the point where Grigs and Pagano can just smile and mend all the bridges that have been burnt.

Because it wasn't really that toxic.  Kravitz' journalism and ideology are what's toxic.