Pagano agrees to a contract extension, Grigson retained [Mega-merge]

Lef

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm no more bullying? Shows front office is disfunctional. Also shows irsay is a dreamer if he thinks this kiss and make up session will change that . Greesy is a "win now at all cost" guy and that never worked , he is not building for the future, and pagano is a feel good kumbya guy not a motivator. Both should've been fired. 

Edited by Nilescolt
Left out a word

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm expecting the same two coordinators that we finished with.

But I confess I'd like us to look into a better O-line coach/coaches and switching to a zone blocking scheme and less man-to-man blocking.     I think Zone is better on the NFL level.

Gilbert is actually pretty good at teaching, but we need reinforcements.  Two Offensive linemen in the draft...maybe a free Agent not named Herremans....:)  Manusky needs evaluation as well.  Some on this board think it is Pagano that gets us behind.  It is very well Manusky.  Yes huge injuries on the IR...need some good players there too.

I am fine with zone blocking if Harrison is not center...he is in the O-Zone. :)

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the person who created the drama was Irsay.    

That isn't the type of comment that only came because Irsay couldn't think of anything else to say.    That issue is on Irsay's mind.     He's defending his hire who has taken a beating in the last month or so.     That wasn't the comment of someone who simply isn't a professional speaker.    He's the owner of the most important franchise in the state.    He speaks publicly a fair amount.    That wasn't a whoops.     He thought it,  and he said it.

I wish he hadn't.     I don't mind him defending Grigson.    He just didn't have to go there by using Polian's name.

Nah.  That's what the media would say, that its not their fault for writing the opinion they wrote, but Irsay's  nonprofessional way of making the comparison is at fault.  Its a cop out so they don't take the blame for it.  They claim they were reporting real news because they were citing a quote, when its just a tactic to fool the reader into thinking they have some objectivity. 

People are starting to catch on..... 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He made an ill-advised comparison with Ryan Grigson and Bill Polian.     Basically said Grigson's first four years as GM are better than Polians.

I'm very, very sorry he said that.    He looks terrible for saying that.   And Grigson looks bad too.     No one compares those two.     Goodness,  that's a bad, bad mistake.

Here's one story about it...........

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/1/5/10713744/jim-irsay-says-ryan-grigson-has-outdone-bill-polian-to-start-tenure-with-colts

Ill-advised or not, he was spittin facts. It took the Polian/Manning regime 6 seasons to win their first playoff game. And Grigson is a cap-master, whereas Polian put this team in cap hell before being relieved of his services. Regardless of how it's received the masses, it's factually accurate.

41 minutes ago, DougDew said:

You can compare that to Polian/Manning, which is why I think Tobin's record is more impressive, despite not winning as much.

You got me curious about Tobin's W/L record as a player personnel director/ GM. Overall, he was 87-88 with the Bears, Colts, and Lions. He was 56-39 with the Bears, 26-22 with the Colts, and 5-27 with the Lions. It looks like he hit his Waterloo in Detroit. 

The 26-22 is a good record for the Colts , but his overall record pales in comparison with Polian who did well with three teams. Polian was 229-138 overall, 69-42 with the Bills, 26-22 with the Panthers, and

113-74 with the Colts .  He won with all three teams. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the person who created the drama was Irsay.    

That isn't the type of comment that only came because Irsay couldn't think of anything else to say.    That issue is on Irsay's mind.     He's defending his hire who has taken a beating in the last month or so.     That wasn't the comment of someone who simply isn't a professional speaker.    He's the owner of the most important franchise in the state.    He speaks publicly a fair amount.    That wasn't a whoops.     He thought it,  and he said it.

I wish he hadn't.     I don't mind him defending Grigson.    He just didn't have to go there by using Polian's name.

I said in a previous post, Jim should just move on from the Polian/ Peyton era and leave it in the past as part of history. Constantly pining for Super Bowls you thought you should have had, and comparing Manning and Luck and Polian and Grigson is really of no benefit. All franchises can say they left Championships on the table , or should have won more. You just can't keep dwelling on it. 

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

I was so happy the day Na'Polian got fired, I jumped in the air and clicked my heels. That said, Na'Polian was only bad at the end when he tried to hand over the reigns to Chrissy. 

For Irsay to say that, he must've been inebriated or something. That is one of the dumber things he's ever said.....and he's had his share. 

I was a fan for awhile.  Chris was pompous..(kind of like grigson)

Grigson:  I gave Satele a ton of money to be our center.

Pagano:  UHHHH...Ok...I will sit AQ.

Grigson. You sure as **** better.

Pagano:  Mcglynn gets taken into the QB 3 out of every 4 times.  I like Reitz.

Grigson:  McGlynn is a true leader!!!

Pagano:  So What are you saying boss?

Grigson:  McGlynn is mean and awesome without pads.  His job.  Reitz came from the previous regime...sit him.

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't buy much of anything the Star has to sell. The Star has become a joke and has been for a long time. JMO

Holder, Kravitz, and Doyel, for all of their connections and sources, were seemingly the 3 least informed people in Indianapolis yesterday. They all were basically telling the story that they thought should be told, as opposed to what was actually taking place. I love the fact that they were so inexplicably wrong, that their entire credibility was brought into question by everyone on this forum, social media, and pretty much everywhere else.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

I think that is a bit overstated.  Bill Tobin changed the culture, IMO.  He was the first competent football hire by the Irsay's, and I think Jimmy was the lead in that hire, but Bob was still the owner.  Tobin was the guy who challenged Mel Kiper during the draft for basically picking on the Colts for being the laughing stock of the NFL.

Tobin was a better GM than Polian, IMO.  He brought the Colts Lindy Infante (who was a very good OC) Vince Tobin, Jim Harbaugh, Will Worford, Kirk Lowdermilk, Tony Bennett...drafted Tony Siragusa, Jeff Herrod, Tarik Glenn, and Marvin Harrison.

Other than Reggie Wayne, the only notable draft choices Polian made were PM, Edgerrin James, and Dwight Freeney, neither of them drafted below slot 11.  Mathis was a fluke.

But this is straying off topic.

He also drafted Clark, Sanders, Castonzo, McAfee, and several linebackers who fit the system well here but they never kept them.  He also drafted Hayden and Jackson who are probably the best cocrner combo the Colts have ever had.  He also drafted Bethea.  Then he found undrafted free agents in Satueday, Brackett, and Rhodes.  

Tobin started the turn around but he was not better than Polian.  

6 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I was a fan for awhile.  Chris was pompous..(kind of like grigson)

Grigson:  I gave Satele a ton of money to be our center.

Pagano:  UHHHH...Ok...I will sit AQ.

Grigson. You sure as **** better.

Pagano:  Mcglynn gets taken into the QB 3 out of every 4 times.  I like Reitz.

Grigson:  McGlynn is a true leader!!!

Pagano:  So What are you saying boss?

Grigson:  McGlynn is mean and awesome without pads.  His job.  Reitz came the previous regime...sit him.

Don't forget Grig's love affair with former Eagles Winston Justice and Herremans, and how awesome they were. 

5 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Holder, Kravitz, and Doyel, for all of their connections and sources, were seemingly the 3 least informed people in Indianapolis yesterday. They all were basically telling the story that they thought should be told, as opposed to what was actually taking place. I love the fact that they were so inexplicably wrong, that their entire credibility was brought into question by everyone on this forum, social media, and pretty much everywhere else.

Kravitz works for WTHR, no longer the Star.

35 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yeah, but you're measuring those players over a longer time period.  Polian didn't light up the draft board in the early years unless it was a high first round pick, and in some ways the EJ pick was just a push with the Faulk trade.  He wasted a lot of high 2nd and 3rd rounders in those early years.

And the early years of Polian's tenure, his vet FA acquisitions were terrible.  Tobin nailed all of them when he started, bringing over a lot from the NFC at the time.  The production of Grigson's veteran acquisitions is at least the same or better than Polian's in the first four years...without the cap hit or potential dead cap hit.

Yeah, I think Irsay's statement is pretty supportable.

Jerome Pathon

EG Green

Rob Morris

David Macklin

Idrees Bashir

Cory Bird

Larry Triplett

Joe Jefferson

Donald Strickland

Ben Hartsock

Gilbert Gardner

Vincent Burns

Anthony Gonzalez

Tony Ugoh

Donte Hughes

Quinn Pitcock

Mike Pollak

Phillip Wheeler

Donald Brown

Fili Moala

Jerry Hughes

Kevin Thomas

Ben Ijalana 

Drake Nevis

People get nostalgic and have revisionist history when they think back to this days. People criticized Polian every year for his strange draft picks and lack of activity in free agency. That list of just the guys Polian drafted in the early rounds throuout his tenure here who didn't live up to their draft status. There is about 24 guys on the list out of 42 total picks.

He missed on well over half of his early picks.

Grigs has at the very least hit on 7 out of 12 so far. And that is counting Djoun Smith as a miss after just 1 season which is pe mature.

There is no doubt he has been very good in the early rounds of the draft when comparing him to Polian at any time during his tenure, even if hes missed in the first round on a few or not. He has been the best GM we have had through his first four years and its not really close. He has missed on so many FAs because he has had to actually sign a lot of FAs to turnover the roster.

I don't have a problem with Irsays comments at all because they were 100% true, he was asked a question and wanted to defend his GM and the decision to retain his services.

17 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Ill-advised or not, he was spittin facts. It took the Polian/Manning regime 6 seasons to win their first playoff game. And Grigson is a cap-master, whereas Polian put this team in cap hell before being relieved of his services. Regardless of how it's received the masses, it's factually accurate.

I've been a Grigson fan and supporter his first 3 years.    It was only this year where my views changed.

But I've always sung his praises about his ability to get contracts done that are very favorable to the Colts.  He has and I'm sure will continue to keep us out of Salary Cap Hell.      You'll get no argument from me on that issue.   In fact,  you and I are in complete agreement on that issue.

I know this morning we are all surprised at the announcement last night that Jim Irsay decided to extend the contract of Coach Pagano and to keep Ryan Grigson.  Only those three men know what was discussed and what was said during the meeting yesterday.  I've read several articles and watched the press conference, and I liked Irsay's decision to keep things as they are for the upcoming season and beyond.  I especially liked his reasoning to keep the continuity of the Coach-GM set-up of Pagano and Grigson.  I believe Chuck Pagano is the right man for the job...he has had success here, there's no question.  Even the 8-8 season was a measure of success considering the injuries, changes in OC, FA signings not panning out and other factors.  Now, I thought Grigson should have been let go, but the man has worked hard and has made several good moves.  I know most focus on the bad moves, but you name one GM in the NFL who has struck gold with every FA signing and draft pick.  You can't hit a home run every time at bat...in fact, players who fail 70% of the time in baseball are in the Hall of Fame.  I know that percentage doesn't work with trades and signings, but the point is that no one is perfect.  And, Grigson is learning and will make mistakes, but he's also trying and making good moves, too.  Better that than someone just sitting on his hands with his fingers crossed.

Anyway, my point is that maintaining continuity is important.  This group went 11-5 three straight years and even an 8-8 finish this year with a chance to make the playoffs going into week 17 (granted it was a slim chance) says a lot about the character of this team and organization.  I believe there is a new focus and a new energy here now...I am convinced that a lot of what we read about feuds and conflict were exaggerated to sell newspapers.  And, I'm am even more wary of believing anything a "source" says from this day forward.  Unless one of the people directly involved addresses an issue, then I'll wait to see what happens instead of speculating or believing a "source" anymore.

Continuity is vital...just ask the folks in Cleveland, Detroit, Tennessee, Miami and other cities where coaching and GM changes are an annual or semi-annual event.  Changing coaches and General Managers every year or two is a knee jerk reaction and you can never build continuity or stability.  You can't always throw money at a situation and get good results, right Washington?  Dallas?  Look at how quickly things can go downhill when you look at the 49ers, Ravens, Eagles and others.

It is so difficult to win consistently in the NFL, and those who do are the ones who build and maintain...not change all the time.  The Patriots, Steelers, Packers, and Colts are model franchises that are the envy of most of the league.

We should be grateful to support an organization like the Colts...every year we have a legitimate chance to have a successful season.  We have enjoyed great success thanks to the organization's focus, drive, determination and stability.  We had to make changes a few years ago that weren't popular, but they were done and we bounced right back into the playoffs.

I may get criticized for looking through rose colored glasses and not being realistic, but I do know that this team has my 100% support, win or lose.  I'm excited about having Andrew Luck healthy, about Coach Pagano being back and about the upcoming free agent period and draft.  Let's keep building toward our ultimate goal and enjoy the ride!

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I've been a Grigson fan and supporter his first 3 years.    It was only this year where my views changed.

But I've always sung his praises about his ability to get contracts done that are very favorable to the Colts.  He has and I'm sure will continue to keep us out of Salary Cap Hell.      You'll get no argument from me on that issue.   In fact,  you and I are in complete agreement on that issue.

Mike Bluem is the mastermind behind the contract structures. 

2 hours ago, ricker182 said:

Irsay is 100% right.   

Grigson, in his first four years with the Colts, has outdone what Polian did in his first four years with the Colts.   

That's a fact. 

Yes sir. Correct. However, it's the next 4 & beyond that'd going to count. 

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Irsay could've said all sorts of nice things about Grigson WITHOUT using Polian's name.    It was simply unnecessary.     There's a strong case for Grigson without using Polian's name.    I wrote a "for example...."  elsewhere in this thread....    think I was responding to Doug Dew.     

Instead Irsay looks like he's taking a shot at Polian.     It's just unnecessary.    Let Grigson's work stand on his own.

Yeah, it is like praising Peyton by dragging Brady's name down, no different to me. Each one stands on their own merits - Polian and Grigson. For a first time GM, Irsay could have challenged everyone to find another first time GM who has done a similar job in his first 4 years, that would have been ample defense of Grigson, IMO. Instead, he chose to drag Polian's name into it, whether the facts bear it out or not.

The fact that our team is starting to be built differently than the QB centric ways of old is a good start to me. But you need the additional 4 years to see it through. If we don't win a SB in 4 years, we can then re-visit it again. :)

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

This dude was in the same boat as holder and everyone else when it came to Pagano and Irsay being gone.  Now that they are wrong,  they are back tracking. Dan dakich ftw

Good read though. 

Is it 12 pm yet?!  I can't wait to hear what Dan says about this

11 hours ago, BOTT said:

Well, now that God has informed me that it's 100% crap and nonsense I have changed my mind. 

Chuck, if you are reading, I was very impressed with your wins over those turds. I take it all back.

You sir are freaking killing me and might possibly take all of my likes hahalmao have been on a damn roll this entire thread 

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, it is like praising Peyton by dragging Brady's name down, no different to me. Each one stands on their own merits - Polian and Grigson. For a first time GM, Irsay could have challenged everyone to find another first time GM who has done a similar job in his first 4 years, that would have been ample defense of Grigson, IMO. Instead, he chose to drag Polian's name into it, whether the facts bear it out or not.

The fact that our team is starting to be built differently than the QB centric ways of old is a good start to me. But you need the additional 4 years to see it through. If we don't win a SB in 4 years, we can then re-visit it again. :)

Very well written. 

I just think of CVE and other teams spit out the coach or a GM every year...every other year.  I have said throughout...Be careful what you wish for.  

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Chuck: "Hey Grigs, let's play nice and maybe we can get to keep our jobs" 

Grigs: "Ok, I'll put in a good word for you, and you do the same" 

Chuck: "Done deal" 

Hey look, a better written article than Doyle's haha 

In 4 years Luck will be 30 and probably not have even played in a Super Bowl. And then we'll all sit back and remember this day.

Bank on it. The division will get better, bad teams that we usually beat will get better. Just remember this day.

I'll open 2016 assuming the Colts make the playoffs, but when we get stomped in whatever round we make it to I won't be surprised.

lol Doyel is garbage however I do agree from the visual presentation and what was said

and not said at the presser, I could definitely see a change in power. Irsay made sure

he let the media know that it was Chuck's idea to extend Grigson. Chuck got what he wanted and he played his cards exactly the way they needed to be played. He is a smart man. I honestly need to give him more credit.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's not that it's TECHNICALLY WRONG,  it's not.    Grigson's first years have been better.    But it looks like we're taking another shot (cheap shot) at Polian,  who served this team well.    The man was just elected into the HoF on the FIRST BALLOT!!       Is Irsay expecting that Grigson is on his way to Hall of Fame career?

It was unnecessary.     It looks petty and small.     It looks unappreciative of what Polian did for Indy.

Well it wasn't a good comment but he didn't fix the team either when we needed upgrades so ya irsay is right to a point. But I don't like some of the moves that Grigson has made I'm not really sold on Pagano as coach either he has a lot of proving that he deserved to stay because right now I'm scratching my head that not one of them were fired of the two I think Grigson needed to be out the door most.

During NFL Network coverage yesterday, one of the talking heads mentioned that he was very concerned about Chuck's behavior. He said he deals with Grigson a lot and the guy never had a bad word to say about Chuck. Conversely tons of stuff was being leaked about how terrible Grigson is. Combined with Chuck's show of love for Grigson yesterday when jobs were on the line and maybe that talking head is onto something. Chuck has the big smile, the kind words and the cancer survivor story but that doesn't mean he couldn't also be a sneaky weasel. Or, maybe you guys are right and every reporter is a lying piece of scum. 

When Irsay expressly debunked the bullying speculations, I think he revealed his annoyance toward some of Indy's sports media for fabricating stories about Grigson meddling in coaching decisions and "bullying" Pagano into starting certain players who weren't good enough, namely Trent Richardson, Bjoern Werner, and Jonathan Harrison.  Unfortunately, once these rumors get started, they're impossible to kill.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Well it wasn't a good comment but he didn't fix the team either when we needed upgrades so ya irsay is right to a point. But I don't like some of the moves that Grigson has made I'm not really sold on Pagano as coach either he has a lot of proving that he deserved to stay because right now I'm scratching my head that not one of them were fired of the two I think Grigson needed to be out the door most.

I hear you.....  and I feel your pain.    I thought the stuff was going to hit the fan yesterday...  and was as surprised as anyone that it didn't.

We're just going to have to ride things out and hope that the three-headed monster, Irsay/Grigson/Pagano can learn from their mistakes and get it right this time around....

Not sure what else we as fans can do?

35 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

You got me curious about Tobin's W/L record as a player personnel director/ GM. Overall, he was 87-88 with the Bears, Colts, and Lions. He was 56-39 with the Bears, 26-22 with the Colts, and 5-27 with the Lions. It looks like he hit his Waterloo in Detroit. 

The 26-22 is a good record for the Colts , but his overall record pales in comparison with Polian who did well with three teams. Polian was 229-138 overall, 69-42 with the Bills, 26-22 with the Panthers, and

113-74 with the Colts .  He won with all three teams. 

I said in a previous post, Jim should just move on from the Polian/ Peyton era and leave it in the past as part of history. Constantly pining for Super Bowls you thought you should have had, and comparing Manning and Luck and Polian and Grigson is really of no benefit. All franchises can say they left Championships on the table , or should have won more. You just can't keep dwelling on it. 

Tobin went 3-13 his last year which ushered in the Polian era.  I still remember what I think was a big part of it.  Being stubborn during free agency and the cap sort of did him in.  His last two drafts produced Tarik Glenn at #18 and Harrison at #22 (I think).

He lost Siragusa and jeff Herrod to free agency because they wanted a $1M/year deal and he was too stubborn to give in.  Siragusa went to the Ravens.  Also, due to the cap, he had to choose between LB Quentin Coryatt and LT Will Worfolk in the same free agency offseason and chose Coryatt, where despite never living up to his potential, had one good season..his contract season.  Coryatt busted soon after signing the big deal.  Basically, Tobin let 3 valuable FA go, but didn't have anybody to replace them..and made Tarik Glenn play G rather than LT because Glenn held out of TC wanting a bigger rookie contract.  Harbaugh got killed and the Colts started losing.  I don't know what happened in Detroit.

I think Jimmy is just giving props to Grigson.  Its no big deal, IMO.

9 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

All we can do is speculate since the Indy media doesn't seem to have very reliable sources. I for one don't really buy all the "Grigson is an evil dictator" talk. As far as I can tell, the media blew that way out of proportion. If it was anywhere near as bad as they made it sound, Pagano wouldn't have even wanted the extension, he would've just taken an offer somewhere else and washed his hands of Irsay and Grigson. Not only were they dead wrong about that, but were wrong about Chuck getting fired today as well. They were certain of it, reports coming out about it all over the place. That's 2 HUGE Colts stories within 7 days, fed from "sources close to the team," that basically ended up being completely wrong.

In fact, weren't people making fun of Chuck for saying he would fight like heck to stay here, because he likes it?  That certainly doesn't support the idea that whatever was going on was all that bad or out of line..or not adjustable.

I keep saying, sources close to the team are probably AQ Shipley and Donald Brown. 

Doyel and Kravitz themselves are "close" to the team.  Maybe they use each other as sources.haha

33 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I know this morning we are all surprised at the announcement last night that Jim Irsay decided to extend the contract of Coach Pagano and to keep Ryan Grigson.  Only those three men know what was discussed and what was said during the meeting yesterday.  I've read several articles and watched the press conference, and I liked Irsay's decision to keep things as they are for the upcoming season and beyond.  I especially liked his reasoning to keep the continuity of the Coach-GM set-up of Pagano and Grigson.  I believe Chuck Pagano is the right man for the job...he has had success here, there's no question.  Even the 8-8 season was a measure of success considering the injuries, changes in OC, FA signings not panning out and other factors.  Now, I thought Grigson should have been let go, but the man has worked hard and has made several good moves.  I know most focus on the bad moves, but you name one GM in the NFL who has struck gold with every FA signing and draft pick.  You can't hit a home run every time at bat...in fact, players who fail 70% of the time in baseball are in the Hall of Fame.  I know that percentage doesn't work with trades and signings, but the point is that no one is perfect.  And, Grigson is learning and will make mistakes, but he's also trying and making good moves, too.  Better that than someone just sitting on his hands with his fingers crossed.

Anyway, my point is that maintaining continuity is important.  This group went 11-5 three straight years and even an 8-8 finish this year with a chance to make the playoffs going into week 17 (granted it was a slim chance) says a lot about the character of this team and organization.  I believe there is a new focus and a new energy here now...I am convinced that a lot of what we read about feuds and conflict were exaggerated to sell newspapers.  And, I'm am even more wary of believing anything a "source" says from this day forward.  Unless one of the people directly involved addresses an issue, then I'll wait to see what happens instead of speculating or believing a "source" anymore.

Continuity is vital...just ask the folks in Cleveland, Detroit, Tennessee, Miami and other cities where coaching and GM changes are an annual or semi-annual event.  Changing coaches and General Managers every year or two is a knee jerk reaction and you can never build continuity or stability.  You can't always throw money at a situation and get good results, right Washington?  Dallas?  Look at how quickly things can go downhill when you look at the 49ers, Ravens, Eagles and others.

It is so difficult to win consistently in the NFL, and those who do are the ones who build and maintain...not change all the time.  The Patriots, Steelers, Packers, and Colts are model franchises that are the envy of most of the league.

We should be grateful to support an organization like the Colts...every year we have a legitimate chance to have a successful season.  We have enjoyed great success thanks to the organization's focus, drive, determination and stability.  We had to make changes a few years ago that weren't popular, but they were done and we bounced right back into the playoffs.

I may get criticized for looking through rose colored glasses and not being realistic, but I do know that this team has my 100% support, win or lose.  I'm excited about having Andrew Luck healthy, about Coach Pagano being back and about the upcoming free agent period and draft.  Let's keep building toward our ultimate goal and enjoy the ride!

Yea I'm excited going forward seems like Grigson had bin put in his place and understands that he is here because of Chuck etc....

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I hear you.....  and I feel your pain.    I thought the stuff was going to hit the fan yesterday...  and was as surprised as anyone that it didn't.

We're just going to have to ride things out and hope that the three-headed monster, Irsay/Grigson/Pagano can learn from their mistakes and get it right this time around....

Not sure what else we as fans can do?

The same things we as fans have been doing since we became fans, Cheer on our team and criticize decisions we don't necessarily like and hope 4 years from now when the end of Paganos contract comes around hope that the team is in a much better place from both a winning standpoint (particularly playoffs and just more wins overall and personnel) then where the team is today...I'm actually hoping for a SB appearance in the next 4 years and to watch the team hoist the Lombardi

49 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I don't buy that for one second.  Every media outlet - national or local - was proclaiming there were issues between Grigson & Pagano.  Literally everyone had Pagano out of work.  I don't believe for a second that everyone had it wrong.  I just think the story changed throughout the day yesterday.