Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Narcosys

consensus on coach and gm

consensus on coach and gm  

97 members have voted

1. 1. which do you prefer?

• #KeepPagano, fire Grigson
    • Fire Both
    • Keep Both, Force Grigson into true GM roles
    • Upon Mjolner's request. FIRE PAGANO KEEP GRIGSON!

Grigs needs to go - PERIOD!

Pags should get one more year with a qualified GM and do things  his way - see how it works out.

17 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Simple:  Grigson had a lot at stake in Richardson's performance.  If he's benched, that means the trade -- Grigson's marquee move -- is formally deemed a bust.  If he's still out on the field, even if he's putting up anemic numbers, it means the jury is still out.

Grigson's intervention, at least in that matter, had nothing to do with a lack of confidence in Chuck Pagano's coaching.  It had to do with covering his own backside.

How do you know that Pagano and Irsay did not discuss and want the trade also...but assume it was the sole decision of Grigson?

Besides, there is nothing marquee about using a first round draft pick on a player...it wasn't the Herschel Walker trade.

Why is he not demanding his butt be covered by forcing Chuck to play 1st round pick Werner?

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

What are her qualifications,  other than being born into wealth

Well, much like Jim, she has grown up in the colts organization under the guide of her dad. What is better than an apprenticeship of the family business over several years time? We don't know how savy she will be or if she is as dedicated to the job as Jim was as a young man.  

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Looks like the same people aren't showing up.  Shows what a couple of days and a win can do for public opinion.

And that is exactly why the organization doesn't listen to the fans for how to handle the hiring and fire of coaches, GM's and players. Too much fair weather and emotional decisions are made without the full facts and knowledge of what is really going on behind the scenes. Jim knows what the agreement was between coach Pagano and GM Grigson. Jim knows if Grigson was dictating who played and who was hired or if the decision was a mutual agreement. Jim knows who wanted TRich and who objected, if anyone. Jim knows if Pagano wanted coaches fired or if he was being forced to keep a GM hire or not. And finally, Jim will know who is most at fault for putting together and adjusting some poorly prepared game plans over the 4 year stretch. Firing Pep mid year suggests he acknowledged poor game plans by the offense but who made the hire and did anyone object? 

If if I am GM and my coach wanted what I felt was a bad coaching hire or at least one I didn't agree was as good as the choice I would have made, I make note of that with my coach at the time of hiring his choice that it is upon the coach to manage his staff and if they don't produce, it will be a reflection of his ability to choose and manage his staff. Same thing would be said from Jim to his GM. Let your guys do their job, offer suggestions and possible solutions but in the end, you get either the congrats or the sword but you own your job that you are to perform. 

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Why is it Grigson's personality?

Because he feels he knows best, which in every instance he hasn't. He was wrong about Richardson. He was wrong about Herremans and Lance Louis. He meddled because he thought he knew more than the coach, not because the coach was incompetent.

Thats why it's his personality.

Keep both and define roles very clearly. The competition would love to see this team implode from the inside, I would not. They'd love it even more if the fans blew it up with dynamite, I would not.

The path forward from my armchair is:

1) Get the balance of power right between Grigs & Pags.

2) Hire a dynamic offensive coordinator and offensive position coaches necessary to move forward.

3) Get the O-line personnel group straightened out, including depth, through both the draft and free agency.

4) Sign a FA CB and draft another development CB.

5) Focus other key draft and FA considerations on the D's front 7 personnel group.

I would fire both and start over, but I know it won't happen.

Pagano is a nice man and has good football knowledge, but too many blowout losses and the defense is still bad.

Already posted why Grigson has to go.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Because he feels he knows best, which in every instance he hasn't. He was wrong about Richardson. He was wrong about Herremans and Lance Louis. He meddled because he thought he knew more than the coach, not because the coach was incompetent.

Thats why it's his personality.

You know that he thought he knew more than the coach?  How do you know that?