consensus on coach and gm

Narcosys

consensus on coach and gm  

97 members have voted

1. 1. which do you prefer?

• #KeepPagano, fire Grigson
    • Fire Both
    • Keep Both, Force Grigson into true GM roles
    • Upon Mjolner's request. FIRE PAGANO KEEP GRIGSON!

5 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Probably because no one wants to image a world where that happens. :)

I am only guessing as to why the OP did not add it as an option. 

Haha, alrighty then. I see it as a viable option myself at least. Adding the option should be done either way imo

Clean house. Expectations were not met on all fronts over the last 4 years or so. 11-5 seasons are deceiving. Our division is so pathetic it was practically an automatic 6 wins every season. Colts teams constantly come out unprepared and fall into a big hole that even Luck has a hard time digging out of. Pagano's record vs good teams is not good at all. The fact that Chuck was brought in to be a "defensive guru" coach and our defense has been mediocre at best for most of his tenure is the final straw.

I think everybody knows the friction in the Grigson/Pagano relationship and Grigson's questionable moves are well documented. Andrew Luck's health alone is a good reason to ditch Grigson. Grigson is just not the "scouting guru" that he was touted as when hired. If he was Andrew wouldn't be watching from the sidelines.

8 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Probably because no one wants to image a world where that happens. :)

I am only guessing as to why the OP did not add it as an option. 

No, because it's harder to prove your opinion as consensus if you leave actually allow for all options. 

45 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Clean house. Expectations were not met on all fronts over the last 4 years or so. 11-5 seasons are deceiving. Our division is so pathetic it was practically an automatic 6 wins every season. Colts teams constantly come out unprepared and fall into a big hole that even Luck has a hard time digging out of. Pagano's record vs good teams is not good at all. The fact that Chuck was brought in to be a "defensive guru" coach and our defense has been mediocre at best for most of his tenure is the final straw.

I think everybody knows the friction in the Grigson/Pagano relationship and Grigson's questionable moves are well documented. Andrew Luck's health alone is a good reason to ditch Grigson. Grigson is just not the "scouting guru" that he was touted as when hired. If he was Andrew wouldn't be watching from the sidelines.

What was your expectation for year one!?!

58 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Grigson has to go one way or another. What HC are you going to attract if Pagano isn't the answer now, or down the road? Even if you keep Pagano Grigson has to go.

"Has to"?  No, Grigson doesn't have to go.  He should go.  But he may very well not go.  And I suspect that whether or not he does will have a lot to do with whether or not Pagano is retained and who the next HC will be if he's not.

If Irsay's going after somebody like Gruden, it's entirely conceivable that the hire could come with conditions.  No way is a coach like Gruden (or Sean Payton, for that matter) going to endure a micromanaging GM.

We'll know what's going to happen soon enough.

2 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

"Has to"?  No, Grigson doesn't have to go.  He should go.  But he may very well not go.  And I suspect that whether or not he does will have a lot to do with whether or not Pagano is retained and who the next HC will be if he's not.

If Irsay's going after somebody like Gruden, it's entirely conceivable that the hire could come with conditions.  No way is a coach like Gruden (or Sean Payton, for that matter) going to endure a micromanaging GM.

We'll know what's going to happen soon enough.

Its doubtful that Grigson would micromanage a competent HC, so the point is moot.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Its doubtful that Grigson would micromanage a competent HC, so the point is moot.

Heh.  Well, one of the big bones of contention between Pagano and Grigson was whether or not to start Trent Richardson last season.  Pagano thought he should be benched, Grigson thought he should start.  Grigson won.

Pagano may or may not be a competent head coach.  But, in that particular instance, he was clearly right.  Grigson, on the other hand, had a dog in that hunt:  he's the one who traded the 1st round draft pick for TR, and it stands to reason that he'd want such a player on the field regardless what the HC said.

I suspect Grigson would've intervened against any head coach in that situation, whether he thought them competent or not.

Looks like the "fire both" is winning.

I seem a poll like this somewhere a week ago (might have been here).  On that one, the "fire both was winning by a much wider margin.   I think it was because many are feeling sorry for Pagano now.

35 minutes ago, Myles said:

I seem a poll like this somewhere a week ago (might have been here).  On that one, the "fire both was winning by a much wider margin.   I think it was because many are feeling sorry for Pagano now.

Keep Pagano and Fire Grigson is winning.

56 minutes ago, Myles said:

Not at all.   There are currently 40 total votes to keep Pagano in some form or another.  Over the 33 to fire him. 

It could also have been bitter feelings still over losing to the texans and rough performance against Miami. 

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Why?

Simple:  Grigson had a lot at stake in Richardson's performance.  If he's benched, that means the trade -- Grigson's marquee move -- is formally deemed a bust.  If he's still out on the field, even if he's putting up anemic numbers, it means the jury is still out.

Grigson's intervention, at least in that matter, had nothing to do with a lack of confidence in Chuck Pagano's coaching.  It had to do with covering his own backside.

It is amazing what sentimentality can do at the last minute.

How soon we forget that lost deer-in-the-headlights look on the sidelines of not knowing what to do...the inability to get the team prepared for a big game or any game...the total inability to make any in-game adjustments when the game wasn't going well.

These shortcomings will still be here next year and the year after and the year after...and Big Jim will have just wasted years off Andrew's career while marking time until he hires a REAL head coach for the team.

We should not confuse 'being liked' for 'being competent'.