• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Pick 3 of these:

Sean Payton, Coby Fleener, Jack Mewhort, Djoun Smith

lol Djoun Smith was a bad pick but Coby Fleener and Jack Mewhort weren't bad picks. We can get better talent at #2 than Djoun Smith next time.

I really dislike the idea of Payton as coach, especially if that entails having to give up a high (any) draft pick.

if the Saints are truly floating the idea of trading their coach for a pick, then they're likely donw with Payton anyway.  Just wait for them to release him.

4 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

lol Djoun Smith was a bad pick but Coby Fleener and Jack Mewhort weren't bad picks. We can get better talent at #2 than Djoun Smith next time.

I didn't say they were bad picks. But I'd rather have Payton than either of them. A HC is way more valuable than a great G and mediocre TE.

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

You would rather have Fleener than Mewhort?  wth

No...you said pick 3.  I picked 3, i just wouldnt pick a HC over those 2 at this point, especially Payton who just had a 4-12 season.  4th losing season in a row

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

No...you said pick 3.  I picked 3, i just wouldnt pick a HC over those 2 at this point, especially Payton who just had a 4-12 season.  4th losing season in a row

You said in that order. Whatever that meant.

But I got you now.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  But at least this indicates that Pagano is in Irsay's office right now pleading his case about to get the ax.  But when all the dust settles, Gruden will more than likely be our new coach.  Would be great to have his fire and passion on-board.  His football intellect is off the charts, he was head coach in the NFL for 11 years, his coaching tree is more than impressive, and he has a ring.

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Jesus. If we give up picks to bring him in I'm going to lose my mind. Payton is only as good as, and can only go as far as his DC takes him.

On the bright side, there are some good DC's available 

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No, that would be Mickey Loomis.

Who has the final decision on the roster?

Every NFL club has one, and only one, person with control over the 53-man roster, regardless of title. In most cases, it is either the general manager or head coach. It can't be both. In New Orleans, Sean Payton has final say over all personnel matters. 

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2014/08/an_insiders_look_the_inside_sc.html

7 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  But at least this indicates that Pagano is in Irsay's office right now pleading his case about to get the ax.  But when all the dust settles, Gruden will more than likely be our new coach.  Would be great to have his fire and passion on-board.  His football intellect is off the charts, and he has a ring.

So you want a coach brought is that the players don't care for or like? You will find very few players who have any kind words for Gruden. Even after winning the super bowl the Buc players contacted Dungy. Gruden is all show. Have you ever noticed he lights up like a Christmas tree whenever there is a camera within 50 feet of him?