Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts pick 18th [Merge]

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have to disagree with this. People like Reitz are the reason Luck got injured so bad this year. Our offensive line was offensive. Decker is a dominate, natural RT. If he fell to us, we'd be lucky. I know I'm being over cautious taking a RT in the 1st, but we can't afford for Luck to get hurt again like this year. Not only won't he get hurt, but he'll have lots of time to pass and can carve up defenses like 2014. I really want Luck to have that chance to do it consistently.

I think a line of Castanzo-Mewhort-Wisnewski-Osemele-Reitz would be one of the best lines in the league. (top 10) And having a beast like Kelechi Osemele next to him would only make Reitz that much better. We could draft a T in the mid rounds to develop. Good may end up being adequate next year too. Reitz isn't a top RT in the NFL by no means. But he isn't a horrible RT either.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I think a line of Castanzo-Mewhort-Wisnewski-Osemele-Reitz would be one of the best lines in the league. (top 10) And having a beast like Kelechi Osemele next to him would only make Reitz that much better. We could draft a T in the mid rounds to develop. Good may end up being adequate next year too. Reitz isn't a top RT in the NFL by no means. But he isn't a horrible RT either.

If we pulled off Wisnewski and Osemele both in FA, that would be quite the coup. Would definitely soften the weakness at RT in Reitz. I really wouldn't mind an all out defensive draft from there.

29 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Exactly, I don't mind picking a player at 18, I mind not being at 18 after trading down from 12 and getting an extra pick that nets us a solid player on day 2 of the draft. It's absolutely ridiculous. We gained nothing from that win, and it's a double loss because the Titans have the no1 pick now.

And the Jaguars have another top 5 pick. If they get Bosa and pair him with Fowler I'll be upset. Or imagine the rage on this board if they draft Smith or Jack.

4 minutes ago, crazyrob said:

Yes, that link says exactly what I said in my original statement.  Won loss record, then by strength of schedule.  Common opponents has nothing to do with it.

Yes. It. Does...  You've got to actually read past the one sentence...

In situations where teams finished the previous season with identical records, the determination of draft position is decided by strength of schedule — the aggregate winning percentage of a team’s opponents. The team that played the schedule with the lowest winning percentage will be awarded the higher pick.

If the teams have the same strength of schedule, their records against common opponents in their division or conference are applied, if applicable. If the divisional or conference tiebreakers are not applicable, ties will be broken by a coin flip.