Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unitaswestand

It Seems Almost Unfair

I can't help but laugh about the (mis) fortune of the Colts about to land Andrew Luck. All those Colt haters out there were just waiting fo the day when Peyton would be hurt or retire so then the Colts would go back to being bad. I have a Dolphin fan friend who was so happy the Colts were bad this year.

But just think how fortunate we are to go from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck. It almost doesn't seem fair to the rest of the NFL!!! hahahahahaha I love it!!

haha me too. I'd love for Grigson to get some big name FA's as well, to help transition the eras. Andrew might fare much better immediately surrounded by vets. Kinda like the Jets, but, you know... with a GOOD quarterback.

haha me too. I'd love for Grigson to get some big name FA's as well, to help transition the eras. Andrew might fare much better immediately surrounded by vets. Kinda like the Jets, but, you know... with a GOOD quarterback.

lol Nice shot at Sanchez!!

I do hope Grigs builds mostly from the draft but adds a few pieces here or there in FA. Don't want to become the "Dream Team".

Its so true. I have friends who are Dolphin fans. 13 years later, still trying to replace Marino with more than a decade of 1-15 - 9-7 futility. We'll go from Manning to Luck. GOAT to future elite QB. Other than winning the super bowl this season, I don't think things could've worked out better for our franchise over the next two decades.

We have no idea if Luck will be a "future elite" QB, or if he will last more than a couple of years; let alone the 15 everyone seems to tag him to. Every team that has ever had a great QB has tried to have a plan of succession in place via the Draft. Only Green Bay has pulled it off (thus far), and Rodgers didn't get hot until his 7th year as a pro. Even then, the Cadillac of a team he's on got to an NFC Championship game the year before it's HOFer left - so we really have no idea how good the replacement is compared to the team itself.

We don't have that kind of a team in place. We are about to lose a pile of guys who have known success. We will be paying through the nose for two QB's, one of whom won't play for some count of years.

This is not a great situation. It's a bummer that Manning missed a year (because he is a PROVEN, sure-thing), and we may be entrusting the future of the franchise to a rookie QB that has lost almost every big game he's played in college.

We should expect it not to go smoothly, because 9 times out of 10, that's how it works in the NFL. The Favre/Rodgers scenario is the least likely to happen. It just doesn't work out that way. We only think it does because it happened recently.

We have no idea if Luck will be a "future elite" QB, or if he will last more than a couple of years; let alone the 15 everyone seems to tag him to. Every team that has ever had a great QB has tried to have a plan of succession in place via the Draft. Only Green Bay has pulled it off (thus far), and Rodgers didn't get hot until his 7th year as a pro. Even then, the Cadillac of a team he's on got to an NFC Championship game the year before it's HOFer left - so we really have no idea how good the replacement is compared to the team itself.

We don't have that kind of a team in place. We are about to lose a pile of guys who have known success. We will be paying through the nose for two QB's, one of whom won't play for some count of years.

This is not a great situation. It's a bummer that Manning missed a year (because he is a PROVEN, sure-thing), and we may be entrusting the future of the franchise to a rookie QB that has lost almost every big game he's played in college.

We should expect it not to go smoothly, because 9 times out of 10, that's how it works in the NFL. The Favre/Rodgers scenario is the least likely to happen. It just doesn't work out that way. We only think it does because it happened recently.

so did peyton

Its so true. I have friends who are Dolphin fans. 13 years later, still trying to replace Marino with more than a decade of 1-15 - 9-7 futility. We'll go from Manning to Luck. GOAT to future elite QB. Other than winning the super bowl this season, I don't think things could've worked out better for our franchise over the next two decades.

This blows my mind. They have had shots at getting a quality QB. Why in the world do they continue playing with scrubs. It still boggles my mind that they didn't get Brees. I thought they would for sure. I know he was having shoulder issues, but a Brees in a full body cast and a respirator would be better than the QBs they've fielded since Marino.

The real kicker is the ineptitude of our coaching staff/management helped seal the deal. I'd be willing to bet that if Dan Orlovsky started the whole season we would have probably won 5+ games.

Slow your roll there. Luck is promising to say the least but he hasn't proven anything yet. NFL QB busts are a dime a dozen. I don't think he will be a bust just saying.

Slow your roll there. Luck is promising to say the least but he hasn't proven anything yet. NFL QB busts are a dime a dozen. I don't think he will be a bust just saying.

It doesn't matter if he busts. We are basically playing with stolen money. If P Money had played this year, we would not be in this position, and really looking down the barrel of a gun. Aging MVP Qb, with a dwindling offense, FA issues, the whole nine.

Not to mention he(luck)doesn't seem to be playing with a full deck of cards.Have you seen this guy try to give an interview?Oh my dear ladygaga!I keep thinking of HANS'(courtney gains),from the movie 'THE BURBS'.He's a smoooth talker for sure~.

"It came with da frame".....HAHAHAHA.

P.S.Rent that movie(THE BURBS),if you get the chance,because its awesome!

Not to mention he(luck)doesn't seem to be playing with a full deck of cards.Have you seen this guy try to give an interview?Oh my dear ladygaga!I keep thinking of HANS'(courtney gains),from the movie 'THE BURBS'.He's a smoooth talker for sure~.

"It came with da frame".....HAHAHAHA.

P.S.Rent that movie(THE BURBS),if you get the chance,because its awesome!

Full deck of cards? He's graduating from Stanford with a degree in architectural design.

Wow almost as bad as Archie Manning for President.

He might have sound like Buffalo Bill from The Silence of the Lambs but he has a full deck of cards.

Full deck of cards? He's graduating from Stanford with a degree in architectural design.

He might have sound like Buffalo Bill from The Silence of the Lambs but he has a full deck of cards.

Not to mention that he received the American Footall Academic All-America Team Award for 2011. An award that Peyton Manning also won in 1997.

If that's not playing with a full deck, I would hate to count the cards in my deck.

Exactly I've seen Andrew Luck interviewed and no he's not great at it but you know what a lot of athletes aren't great with interviews. Not everyone is blessed like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady to know how to handle the media. It's something I am sure Andrew Luck will work on but let's be real about this we aren't going to be looking very hard at his media interview skills when we draft him. We are going to draft him because of how well he plays QB.

He lacks composure and it shows.This is 'why' he often comes-up short in big games.He doesn't handle pressure well(Example:Interviews).This will also show on the football field,especially on an NFL football field.I've seen enough of him that warrents us trading the pick.Just another david klingler,but with less talent.

He lacks composure and it shows.This is 'why' he often comes-up short in big games.He doesn't handle pressure well(Example:Interviews).This will also show on the football field,especially on an NFL football field.I've seen enough of him that warrents us trading the pick.Just another david klingler,but with less talent.

Are you listening to yourself?

Comes up short in big games? What have you been watching. Lacks composure? This kid is clutch in the 4th.

Manning came up "short" in more big games than this kid has.

Its obvious you just want the pick traded. Thats fine but your arguments about Luck are simply not true.

lol Nice shot at Sanchez!!

I do hope Grigs builds mostly from the draft but adds a few pieces here or there in FA. Don't want to become the "Dream Team".

:D

You know, ANdrew went 27/31 and 347 yds in the Fiesta Bowl.... HE had a good game, got them into range to win it with a chip shop FG and his kicker missed. 3 TIMES the kid missed. That's not Luck's fault. If anything, it's eery how Luck did so well yet lost, just like Peyton with us so many times (yeah I'm looking at you, 2008 playoff OT loss to the bolts). What I'm saying is, don't bash the kid because he lost bowl games. Peyton has had great games that WE STILL LOST.

I can't help but laugh about the (mis) fortune of the Colts about to land Andrew Luck. All those Colt haters out there were just waiting fo the day when Peyton would be hurt or retire so then the Colts would go back to being bad. I have a Dolphin fan friend who was so happy the Colts were bad this year.

But just think how fortunate we are to go from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck. It almost doesn't seem fair to the rest of the NFL!!! hahahahahaha I love it!!

Much potential for another long run of winning seasons here....but, I caution you to hold your laughter long enough to see how well this thing shakes out. Think of the teams out there whom haven't been to or won a playoff game in ages, some of which have been revolving through QB's for years and years. Detroit, 1 playoff win in the last 53 years. Miami hasn't had a viable QB since Marino. The list goes on and on. If what many are saying about Luck is true, we have a real chance of repeating the unlikely occurrence of back-to-back HoF QB's. I say repeating because of what we saw in SF with Montana/Young.

So I ask you, again (hoping to get an answer)... at what point in Manning's HOF/GOAT career did you get past the ridiculous "yeah, but he can't win the big game" shingle? Most of his critics held on to that until the AFC Championship win, you? Have you ever met anyone from Stanford? To suggest that Luck is dumb reveals a deeper, subjective issue that you just don't like him. If you don't like him, that's fine, but don't suggest a young man who is graduating from Stanford is any way lacking in intelligence. For God's sake, on the football field, he called his own plays for two seasons, in COLLEGE. I bet you're already not a Grigson fan because he wasn't an obvious fireside chat orator in yesterday's press conference?

What games have you been watching? David Klingler, but with less talent? Maybe you should check your deck, because that does not make any sense. Luck may be great or he may be a bust or somewhere in between. However, to say that he doesn't handle pressure well and comparing him to David Klingler is just inane.

Man, he really IS just like Peyton Manning.

What games have you been watching? David Klingler, but with less talent? Maybe you should check your deck, because that does not make any sense. Luck may be great or he may be a bust or somewhere in between. However, to say that he doesn't handle pressure well and comparing him to David Klingler is just inane.

Actually,its a great comparision.He's very...very similiar to david klingler.But klingler was a much more gifted passer than luck...no question.Did any of you actually watch klingler play?Check him out on youtube,then tell me that he's not similiar to luck.Its an accurate comparision.

So I ask you, again (hoping to get an answer)... at what point in Manning's HOF/GOAT career did you get past the ridiculous "yeah, but he can't win the big game" shingle? Most of his critics held on to that until the AFC Championship win, you? Have you ever met anyone from Stanford? To suggest that Luck is dumb reveals a deeper, subjective issue that you just don't like him. If you don't like him, that's fine, but don't suggest a young man who is graduating from Stanford is any way lacking in intelligence. For God's sake, on the football field, he called his own plays for two seasons, in COLLEGE. I bet you're already not a Grigson fan because he wasn't an obvious fireside chat orator in yesterday's press conference?

Yes,i've met two people from stanford actually(john elway/heather langenkamp).I have no comment on grigson at the moment,because i'm not familiar with him,so i'll withhold myself from forming opinions just yet.I'll wait until i hear him talk a couple of times before i gauge if he's suitable.At the moment i'm neutral.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 12, 2012 - Personal Comment should not be in forum
Hidden by Nadine, January 12, 2012 - Personal Comment should not be in forum

Are you listening to yourself?

Comes up short in big games? What have you been watching. Lacks composure? This kid is clutch in the 4th.

Manning came up "short" in more big games than this kid has.

Its obvious you just want the pick traded. Thats fine but your arguments about Luck are simply not true.

I don't like you very much to be honest,so you'll go into the ignore pile.You're not worthy of any replies.

Yes,i've met two people from stanford actually(john elway/heather langenkamp).I have no comment on grigson at the moment,because i'm not familiar with him,so i'll withhold myself from forming opinions just yet.I'll wait until i hear him talk a couple of times before i gauge if he's suitable.At the moment i'm neutral.

Wasn't she the chick from Nightmare on Elm street?

Of Luck's qualities that make him so attractive to NFL teams, one of his better attributes is his mind and his ability to call a game from the line of scrimmage.

So please, stop with this craziness. It is just flat wrong.

Way to take a shot at 'peyton' jaric.Are you so much in love with 'luck' that you're willing to take shots at manning?

He wasn't taking a shot at PM. It was a joke. A funny one at that.

Actually,its a great comparision.He's very...very similiar to david klingler.But klingler was a much more gifted passer than luck...no question.Did any of you actually watch klingler play?Check him out on youtube,then tell me that he's not similiar to luck.Its an accurate comparision.

Yes I did, no need for youtube. He ran a run and shoot offense at Houston, which is not what Luck run's. A better comparison to Klingler is the current QB at Houston, Case Keenum. Klingler is in no way as good a prospect as Luck, not even close.

You know, ANdrew went 27/31 and 347 yds in the Fiesta Bowl.... HE had a good game, got them into range to win it with a chip shop FG and his kicker missed. 3 TIMES the kid missed. That's not Luck's fault. If anything, it's eery how Luck did so well yet lost, just like Peyton with us so many times (yeah I'm looking at you, 2008 playoff OT loss to the bolts). What I'm saying is, don't bash the kid because he lost bowl games. Peyton has had great games that WE STILL LOST.

Agreed! I don't think there's a qb in college maybe some in the pros that could have run a better 2 minute drill in that fiesta bowl.

Wasn't she the chick from Nightmare on Elm street?

Yes...you're correct!I met her at a horror movie convention once,and we talked for about an hour...in russian.Both of us speak fluent russian.In fact,her major was russian studies at stanford.

and we may be entrusting the future of the franchise to a rookie QB that has lost almost every big game he's played in college.

Hopefully it works out as well as the last time the franchise tried the same approach......

Yes...you're correct!I met her at a horror movie convention once,and we talked for about an hour...in russian.Both of us speak fluent russian.In fact,her major was russian studies at stanford.

Had a crush on her back in the day. How can you not crush on a teen chick that killed Freddy Krueger?

Had a crush on her back in the day. How can you not crush on a teen chick that killed Freddy Krueger?

So did i~.I knew my ability to speak russian would be a huge advantage.She was thrilled that i could speak russian fluently.She's highly intelligent and witty.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 12, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, January 12, 2012 - personal shot

So did i~.I knew my ability to speak russian would be a huge advantage.She was thrilled that i could speak russian fluently.She's highly intelligent and witty.

Well then, I guess opposites DO attract....

Ваши посты на Эндрю Лаке - абсолютно смешной ....., посылают мне игнорирующейся груде, куда я посылаю Вам товарища.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 12, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, January 12, 2012 - inflammatory

Well then, I guess opposites DO attract....

Ваши посты на Эндрю Лаке - абсолютно смешной ....., посылают мне игнорирующейся груде, куда я посылаю Вам товарища.

Мы оба знаем, что Андрей удача будет провал.