Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

San Diego (+8) @ Denver (1-3-16)

oldunclemark

Jim Nantz, and Phil Simms on CBS....Low 40s and sunny....over-under 41

Phillip Rivers (416 of 626, 4,564 yards, 27 Tds, 12 INts) is 436 short of 5,000 but he has been sacked 37 times  Its a miracle he's played every game.

SD has multiple O-line injuries but may get OT King Dunlap back..SD averages an NFL low 3.4 yards per rush but they get a lot from Danny Woodhead who has 93 runs for 325 yards and 72 catches for 704 yards. OLB Melvin Ingram has 9,.5 of San Diego's 28 QB sacks

RB Melvin Gordon (184 carries, 641 yards) in on injured reserve..  SD has allowed just 16 points a game the last 4 weeks and they are seeing Brock Osweiler for the 2nd time

Denver will have QB Brock Osweiler (156 of 253, 1,735 yards, 9 Tds, 4 INts) starting ahead of Peyton Manning (193 of 322, 2,180 yards, 9 TDs 17 INTs) who is in uniform for the first time in 7 weeks. Demariyus Thomas (100 catches, 1,187 yards) and Emmanuel Sanders ()71 catches, 1,036 yards, 6 TDs_)  RBs Ronnie Hillman (192 runs for 746 yards) and CJ Anderson (137 rushes, 625 yards) are all not 100% but are playing.

Denver is No, 1 in the NFL against the run (82 yards a game) and No,1 in the NFL against the pass (191 yards a game).

The Broncos have 48 QB sacks and have allowed 266 points (17.7) both No.1 in the NFL.

But Denver has won 3 overtime games, meaning they could easily be 8-7 instead of 11-4..

One of the more dramatic games Sunday. A Denver loss and a KC win over Oakland gives the AFC West To KC.

But a Denver win and a New England loss (early in the day) at Miami makes Denver the No,1 overall seed and the AFC favorite.

So if SD jumps to a 10-point lead, with Peyton Manning active but not starting for the first time in 18 years, what happens?

Also this may be the final game ever for San Diego Chargers, who could move to LA later this year...

. SD has had 8 days off since their last game Denver played Monday night and has had just 5 days rest.

Nine points is a large fence to jump for a shaky Denver offense where everybody's playing hurt.  But will SD care, or will they play like a Big-10 team in the Rose Bowl?

I like the Chargers getting 7 or 8 points......but truthfully, I'd leave this game alone....Strange things are possible.

If NE loses early and KC is winning late the freaks could really come out here.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd bet against this spread. I think the Chargers keep it a close game.

Teams coming off Thursday Night football always come out swinging and fresh. Vikings off TNF crushed the Bears, Cardinals off TNF crushed the Eagles, Rams off TNF upset the Seahawks, I am seeing a trend. It is almost like a bye week this late in the season.

Both the Chiefs and the Broncos will have their hands full vs the Raiders and Chargers coming off their respective TNF games, IMO, and that is why I feel the Chargers will beat the spread.

Broncos may win by 3 or 4 or may lose. We will find out if the extra time helped the Chargers. Broncos on the other hand, are coming off a short week.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Sanders fumble..should have been 14-3

Reminds you of the 7-0 lead vs the Chargers in the 2007 playoff game and Marvin in the red zone fumbles after coming back after several games, could have been 14-0. Weird.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

SD seems to be targeting the Bronco safeties  Phillip is looking at Denver's weak spot

I wish he had done it last week vs the Raiders, I had Gates going in FF and he did not look Gates way at all. Maybe the Chargers were being nice to Charles Woodson :), lol.

17 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Another turnover on the Chargers side of the field

This game is over.

The road to the Super Bowl will go through Foxboro.

remember a few weeks ago I said I really liked you....  I take it back   haha