LucasOilStadium

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

belichick given up with two mins left and down by ten, hes pulled gronk and brady

Well if Denver wins tonight looks like the Broncos will have HF through the whole playoffs This could get very interesting to say the least. 

2 minutes ago, austriancolt said:

Titans never wanted to win this game and lose the nr. 1 pick. A meaningless win for the Colts. Finally the season is over. Goodbye Chuck and I hope Mr. god complex himself is gone too...

Hey, man, I like the way you party.  We gotta' hang out one day.

(not!)

1 minute ago, austriancolt said:

Titans never wanted to win this game and lose the nr. 1 pick. A meaningless win for the Colts. Finally the season is over. Goodbye Chuck and I hope Mr. god complex himself is gone too...

No such thing as a meaningless win. A WIN IS A WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   We dont finish under .500 and we can enjoy the off season knowing we won our last 2 games

1 minute ago, JRnINDY said:

Well I didn't see Chuck get carried off field by players or for that matter no one even running to shake his hand..... Interesting

Colts fans seemed to be apprecitive.  Hard to tell if it was directed to Chuck or the whole team.

...or maybe just happy that the season is over?  Who knows.  The presser should be interesting.

Our Colts finish and conclude their 2015 regular season campaign 8-8, with their 30-24 home win overthe Titans, but took themselves out of  the playoffs with their home loss to the Texans, and are now out of playoff contention. Houston defeated Jacksonville, and claim the 2015 AFC South Division Title, and also finish one game up above the Colts with their 9-7 record.  Colts won't play again until their next game, a preseason game, in August 2016.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It’s hard to get a read from Ballard's presser. It almost seemed liked he co-signed his young DB room and said they’re just going to roll the dice with what they have but maybe add some competition. I get that he feels they can take a leap, but I’m not sure I can be convinced that Flowers or Jones will ever be better than Quinyon Mitchell or Cooper DeJean.   Of all of Ballard’s philosophies regarding team building (specifically related to the draft) the one I have the most issue with is the over confidence and eagerness to bank on low round players and UDFA’s as long term solutions. You have a projected starting secondary consisting a 7th round pick from Yale who did not play well last season, a 7th round corner who well outplayed his draft position, but has clear limitations athletically, a 3rd round safety who is gifted athletically, but we still don’t know if he’s better as FS or SS, and a 2nd round pick who showed great flashes when healthy but is still a question mark.    I get rolling the dice with JuJu, but I don’t see why you wouldn’t look for upgrades for Thomas and Jones/Flowers. I know he said he’d like to add competition there, but drafting a guy 4th round likely isn’t going to give your CB group a boost. I know he said they’re technically not young in his eyes, but they are young. If you’re going to add another “young” corner, add one with high end traits and skills. I’m not dead set on Mitchell or DeJean in round 1 or bust because I also like a couple day 2 corners. I’m just saying I’d much rather take a shot with one of them than just run it back with the same group.   Where we really need talent at for sure though is Edge.
    • This place will implode no matter what. 
    • On DB: Q: "Are you worried you're too young?" A: "No, not anymore, they've grown up."
    • Ballard on character: "Who they are is important. ... We're dealing with young men here, who are not fully developed into men yet. We're talking about 20, 21, 22 year old young men that make mistakes... and I can live with some of those mistakes. ... But to me... when they fail is when they don't love the game. ... You've been around players who are not fully mature off the field, but on the field, they love football, so they're gonna do everything in their power to get better. ... And it's the hardest part to figure out. ... How are they gonna handle their time, cause they've got more of it, and how are they gonna handle their money. ... The hardest thing is getting the character right. ... There's a lot of times we'll pass on guys in the draft and I know people freak out... well there's usually something we found out or didn't like and we ended up passing. It wasn't a good fit for us, it might be a good fit for somebody else and they might make it work, but for us it wasn't."   Football character. 
    • The one thing that scares me about elite wrs is that 4 years later u r paying them 30 mill plus. U have to consider that if u going to trade up for one of the elite guys. I would prefer a role wr who can be replaced if and when his  2nd contract comes around. Say get a guy like Worthy and u r scheming him to get open. That's where a guy like Bowers is in some ways a better pick if u want to move up. Not nearly as expensive long term based on te salaries and he  is a true weapon.
  • Members