Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unitaswestand

With Grigson In Place, Our Next Head Coach Will Be...

I know this topic has been covered, but since we did that before we had a GM, I am curious how the hiring of Grigson changes what people think.

I fear Caldwell will be replaced with Mornhinweg ARGHH!!!!!

But I will say my prediction is that our next head coach is.... Mike Zimmer.

I doubt Morningweg will be the Colts head coach, there are many other possibilities out there for him to choose. I am more worried that Painter stays cause he is a Purdue guy :)

mike zimmer or fisher if hes doesnt go to the fins

Where are all these Mornhinweg rumors coming from? Please someone tell me it's just speculation!!! :(

Anyways, I still think a Zimmer/Clements/Del Rio? is possible. I don't know if Grigson and Spagunolo have any sort of connection from Philly, but it would be great to have him here.

Zimmer/Clements/Spags is a grand slam.

I think with Grigson being so inexperienced, it would serve him well to get an experienced HC. I just hate the thoughts of having Caldwell influence our new GM in any way what so ever. Although I've never been a big fan of his, Brian Billick maybe a good choice. I would rather have Fisher(even though I don't think he's great), but I highly doubt he's gonna wait around till next week to make his decision.

Where are all these Mornhinweg rumors coming from? Please someone tell me it's just speculation!!! :(

Anyways, I still think a Zimmer/Clements/Del Rio? is possible. I don't know if Grigson and Spagunolo have any sort of connection from Philly, but it would be great to have him here.

If Zimmer came I am pretty sure that he'd take over the D coordinator position as well as head coach. Sort of like Rex Ryan.

Who in the heck is Mornhinweg?

Former Lions head coach, and was AWFUL. His most famous blunder was in an overtime game vs the Bears the Lions won the toss but he chose to defer and give the Bears the football and they drove down the field and won the game, causing Lions fans to give him the nickname "^fool^-weg"

EDIT: Mods you can delete it if it's against the rules, but I'm not calling anyone names just stating a fact. His nickname was Mo.ron-weg not fool-weg lol

Spags is now a Jet. God help him. Just not too much.

I'd rather have Caldwell over Mornhinweg.. t-h-u-d

Anyway I hope we hire Rob Chudzinksi or Mike Zimmer. Either one.

Del Rio was a average in Jacksonville, definitely don't want him here. I don't want Spags as a HC, but would love him for a DC.

Also, the Mornhinweg rumors are all speculation because he was in Philly with Grigson and supposedly they had a good relationship.

Speculation because people look at him and see he's one of the few people on the Eagles staff with HC experience and he's a name people will know. We don't even have an opening yet so it's speculation. With that said it's not a reach and I wouldn't be shocked at all if he at least got an interview if we do fire Caldwell. So yeah take that more speculation to be added here lol.

Who in the heck is Mornhinweg?

http://sportsillustr.../content.9.html

^ Rated by that site, and others, as one of the worst coaching hires. He compiled a 5-27 record with the Lions.

From Wikipedia:

"The most notable moment in Mornhinweg's history as a head coach came during a 2002 game against the Chicago Bears. The game went into overtime, and the Lions won the toss. However, Mornhinweg felt that having the wind in his favor was more important than getting the ball, despite having as his kicker Jason Hanson, who hit a then-NCAA record 62-yard field goal in his college days at Washington State University. He elected to kick rather than receive. As it turned out, the Lions never got the ball; on the Bears opening drive, Chicago scored a field goal to win the game. Mornhinweg's decision was that season's runner-up for the Terry Award to Dwayne Rudd's premature helmet toss celebration that cost his Cleveland Browns a victory."

Former Lions head coach, and was AWFUL. His most famous blunder was in an overtime game vs the Bears the Lions won the toss but he chose to defer and give the Bears the football and they drove down the field and won the game, causing Lions fans to give him the nickname "^fool^-weg"

WTH? I think Peyton would snap and run him over with Blue's golf cart.

Where did you get this info? I don't think he's signed anywhere yet...

I just noticed your avatar taps his fingers, lol.

But anyway, I believe Colin Cowherd announced it on his show. As the O.C. not HC. Crap nevermind.

EDIT: Mods you can delete it if it's against the rules, but I'm not calling anyone names just stating a fact. His nickname was Mo.ron-weg not fool-weg lol

Why does our forum censor the word Marty is called, yet doesn't censor the word crap?

But anyway, I believe Colin Cowherd announced it on his show.

I think you're getting Tony Sparano and Steve Spagnuolo mixed up. Spags hasn't signed anywhere yet.

But anyway, I believe Colin Cowherd announced it on his show.

I think he may have had a mushroom induced halucination. I can't find any info on that at all.

If Grigson and Mornhinweg had a good relationship then maybe he should just come in and be QB Coach. I guess he did good getting Michael Vick back in Pro Bowl form and Mike Kafka did decent coming in in that Falcons game. But do not want him anywhere near the HC position lol.

The Eagles were apparently interested in hiring Spags as their DC. Maybe Grigs and Spags have a connection? Maybe he will bring Spags in as the DC?

I think you're getting Tony Sparano and Steve Spagnuolo mixed up. Spags hasn't signed anywhere yet.

He just said the last name and I confused it with Spags.

Why does our forum censor the word Marty is called, yet doesn't censor the word crap?

I don't know that is weird, I'm guessing ^fool^ is a direct insult while crap is not.

I'd like to see Todd Bowles as our offensive coordinator (Miami Interim Head Coach) and Jim Leavett (49ers linebacker coach) as our defensive coordinator.

I hope whoever they get brings in more of a West Coast offense, which I would expect since the Eagles run a version of it. Manning will succeed in any offense. Luck played in one at Stanford and has done well. The biggest advantage is that you can see players are interchangeable, meaning not everything depends on one player ala Peyton Manning. In Philadelphia, it seems no matter who they have at QB or WR, they do well.

Don't rule out Bruce Ariens. He has grown as a top-flight offensive coordinator, and he was Peyton's QB coach during Peyton's early years here. He helped with Peyton's development and could do the same with Luck. Plus he knows how to let go and let Peyton be Peyton, and could hopefully teach Luck some of the in's and out's of running an offense in the same vein.

Anyone here about Fisher? I thought i saw he was going to announce where he is going to coach tonight. Never heard anything..

If Caldwel goes i want Steve Mariucci. He seems to have a personality that would fit in Indy. He has had good records except Detroit, but who was not bad there, and he has experience with top notch quarterbacks. Also Mike Singletary for DC.

I hope whoever they get brings in more of a West Coast offense, which I would expect since the Eagles run a version of it. Manning will succeed in any offense. Luck played in one at Stanford and has done well. The biggest advantage is that you can see players are interchangeable, meaning not everything depends on one player ala Peyton Manning. In Philadelphia, it seems no matter who they have at QB or WR, they do well.

Right...except that Manning's offense has been better than the Eagles for 10 years. Why go away from what he (Manning) does better than any other offensive system in the NFL? Especially now that he'll have a better line, and will be throwing without pain.

Anyone here about Fisher? I thought i saw he was going to announce where he is going to coach tonight. Never heard anything..

Fisher will likely be in St. Louis. He took a 2nd, extended tour there, and that organization will grant him the freedom to choose a GM of his own. Not to mention, a studly, young QB who has at least proven himself in the NFL (unlike Luck).

It's probably for the best; he's an overrated coach anyway.

Isn't this board going to be fun next week?

If Grigson keeps Caldwell, him and Isray will immediately be scorned as * by many.

If he makes a change, we'll get to read all the 'should have been more aggressive and gotten blah, blah, blah', or 'I can't believe we chose that guy'.

Ah, this is shaping up to be a heck of an off season.

I doubt Morningweg will be the Colts head coach, there are many other possibilities out there for him to choose. I am more worried that Painter stays cause he is a Purdue guy :)

nah, painter tossing the ball to the other team at the worst time in the game and overthrowing everyone started way before he ever got drafted. purdue guys would have rather had a ham sandwich for a qb than painter-- believe me .

it almost seemed like for all the fun that brees gave us, painter was the fates paying us back.

If Grigson keeps Caldwell, him and Isray will immediately be scorned as * by many.

If he makes a change, we'll get to read all the 'should have been more aggressive and gotten blah, blah, blah', or 'I can't believe we chose that guy'.

Well put! Like you can see the furutre or something! haha!

Well put! Like you can see the furutre or something! haha!

:)

Yes, but I promise I won't come back making 'I told you so' threads.

Wouldn't be fair.

They change their opinions more than fashion girls change their uggs.

Don't rule out Bruce Ariens. He has grown as a top-flight offensive coordinator, and he was Peyton's QB coach during Peyton's early years here. He helped with Peyton's development and could do the same with Luck. Plus he knows how to let go and let Peyton be Peyton, and could hopefully teach Luck some of the in's and out's of running an offense in the same vein.

Really hated to see Bruce go to the Browns. I hope this is a good call, cause I like it too.

Right...except that Manning's offense has been better than the Eagles for 10 years. Why go away from what he (Manning) does better than any other offensive system in the NFL? Especially now that he'll have a better line, and will be throwing without pain.

Fisher will likely be in St. Louis. He took a 2nd, extended tour there, and that organization will grant him the freedom to choose a GM of his own. Not to mention, a studly, young QB who has at least proven himself in the NFL (unlike Luck).

It's probably for the best; he's an overrated coach anyway.

a studly young QB who has proven himself (to still be very injury prone) in the NFL (unlike Luck).

*there, i fixed it for you

Spags as HC! Singletary as DC! Bruce Ariens as OC!

I'm a big Spagnuolo fan. He and Singletary would make our defense outstanding!

Our next HC is already on staff. We're switching Jims'. Going from Jimmy C to Jimmy T. We gave him the booth job last year to give him time to learn about and evaluate the team and staff.