Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Griff Whalen waived

JRnINDY

Honestly why do this now?? I get really tired of Grigsons roster moves & this with 1 game left. Makes no sense to me. I honestly think Grigson does this % to look like he doing something. Just WAY TO MANY moves. People use to complain about Pollian's lack of moves, but at least you knew who was on the team! I would prefer maybe something in the middle!

21 hours ago, ColtsSouljah said:

I'm usually the last guy to pile on about a player's poor performance, but Griff made two absolutely inexcusable plays at crucial points this year. His play in the new england game cost us a chance at winning, and his fumble in the Houston game lost us the AFC South. So, yeah, Griff was not high on my "we better keep" list.

2 costly mistakes, but he had some moments as well. There is PLENTY OF BLAME for this years debacle to go around for sure!! If we win this week getting back to 500 is pretty great considering how this year has gone.

Really weird roster move, IMO. He's on IR, not taking up a roster spot. He's on a minimum contract, and gets paid for this week because he was on the roster on Tuesday. So it doesn't save money, and doesn't save a roster spot. He can't play, because he just had a pretty significant injury.

This.

Something feels quite odd about this one, especially since he's a guy we haven't let get too far from us through the years.

9 hours ago, MR. Blueblood said:

Let somebody hit you hard enough to break ribs and lets see how well you hold on to the football.

My guess is you probably wouldn't have got back up and made the tackle either.

Getting hit is an excuse for fumbling? Ok then. Don't think too many coaches are gonna agree with you, though.

1 hour ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Getting hit is an excuse for fumbling? Ok then. Don't think too many coaches are gonna agree with you, though.

Ok let's see you get hit by a 300+ lb defender and see how well you hang on the ball.  Whalen did NOT and I will repeat again, DID NOT cost us the Houston game.  If you believe that, then I have a bridge to sell somewhere  LOL.

On Friday, January 01, 2016 at 10:54 AM, aaron11 said:

He has twice as many career fumbles as TDs

This means nothing.  If the play isn't for him or he isn't even lined up for end zone duties most of the time,  then how can you realistically use that as your argument.  He catches,  he gets yards,  and he gets first downs.  The only task fumbles he had was in return duties. Not receiving.

2 hours ago, ColtsSouljah said:

this wasn't an ordinary hit.  It's a hit that was hard enough to break parts of the body.  I can cut a guy a little slack for coughing up the ball when he gets injured on the play.

The fact you can't distinguish between the two is on you.

I still would like to see you take a hit hard enough to break your ribs and see if you still hold on to the football or not.  I'm still guessing the answer would be no.  I'm guessing that you probably wouldn't have even caught it to take the hit in the first place.

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

This means nothing.  If the play isn't for him or he isn't even lined up for end zone duties most of the time,  then how can you realistically use that as your argument.  He catches,  he gets yards,  and he gets first downs.  The only task fumbles he had was in return duties. Not receiving.

it matters,  it limits his usefulness.  he's not a redzone target, he's a possession receiver that's small, slow, and fumble prone.

8 hours ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Honestly why do this now?? I get really tired of Grigsons roster moves & this with 1 game left. Makes no sense to me. I honestly think Grigson does this % to look like he doing something. Just WAY TO MANY moves. People use to complain about Pollian's lack of moves, but at least you knew who was on the team! I would prefer maybe something in the middle!

Griff wasn't happy with the turmoil, and asked to be released?

15 hours ago, aaron11 said:

it matters,  it limits his usefulness.  he's not a redzone target, he's a possession receiver that's small, slow, and fumble prone.

There's plenty of those players on all teams.  He has great hands and gets first downs.  Our biggest problem this year.