Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Would Be The Ultimate....what If We Trade....

Just to test how strong some Draft Luck guys are....

What if we traded our 1st overall to Buccanners for thier 1st, 2nd and third this year, and thier 1st and 3rd next year.....AND....with the third pick we traded down to the 5th and get both clevland first round picks this year and a first round pick next year and thye draft RGIII

So for 2012 we have 1st round pick number #5 and number #30, 2nd round pick number 1 and number 3, 3rd round pick number 1 and number 3

And 2013 2 First round picks Likely in the first 10 picks and another likely in the last 10 picks,

That's 5 first round picks and 3 second round picks in 2 years

Yes but who would we take at 5? I'd guess luck, kalil, Blackman and rg3 would be gone. I'd like Trent Richardson and I guess that's who we would get. But what if Peyton isn't healthy when the season comes along but they think he will be. Another bad season

What if we traded our 1st overall to Buccanners for thier 1st, 2nd and third this year, and thier 1st and 3rd next year.....AND....with the third pick we traded down to the 5th and get both clevland first round picks this year and a first round pick next year and thye draft RGIII

So for 2012 we have 1st round pick number #5 and number #30, 2nd round pick number 1 and number 3, 3rd round pick number 1 and number 3

And 2013 2 First round picks Likely in the first 10 picks and another likely in the last 10 picks,

Tampa is picking a slot 5.. Cleveland at 4.... I am all for the trade down, but these are not the appropriate teams...

Tampa is picking a slot 5.. Cleveland at 4.... I am all for the trade down, but these are not the appropriate teams...

Just how far down do you think we should go though? I'd love to trade down and get Blackman but he may go at #2. I'd be pleased with Foles in the 2nd or 3rd. Seems he's projected around there.

St. Louis is in just as hot a spot as we are. There are NFLN and ESPN scouts now talking about RGIII having EQUAL value to Luck in this draft. The Rams are in position to rake in an equal amount of gold for the only other "sure thing" QB prospect of the draft. They aren't going QB, so teams like Miami, Washington, Seattle, and potentially Cleveland will be all over getting RGIII. They will take their chances on a #2 pick, probably giving up entirely on the notion of getting Luck.

RGIII will probably be pick #2 in this draft. Not Kalil, or Blackmon (and Richardson should be nowhere NEAR #5; I don't know who suggested that). More teams will be trying to get the Rams' 2nd overall pick knowing that they don't plan on taking a QB.

The only way it becomes favorable to us, is if we (wisely) consider trading down.

hahah.. ur answering ur own question who would give u all those pics ...But the most important question is why ...stanford degree we all know hes smart..the most raved qb since elway....the cant miss qb..if he is who they say he is then theres no more talking 10 first rd arent enough...ppl see ohh 5 first rd we dont need that we have a freeagency ...just cuz we have extra pics doesnt mean there going to be good...

Curious scenario.

Let's set an upper range:

Let's say Peyton Manning is in the Draft this year and you know what he is going to become. Someone offers you the same scenario. Do you take Manning or the picks?

As far as I'm concerned, you still take Manning, but if you're willing to take the picks, then I don't see a situation where you ever don't take the picks.

Forgive me..... but why in the world would Tampa Bay want the #1 overall pick with Josh Freeman at QB?

Especially at THAT price.

If I'm the Bucs at #5 overall I'm foaming at the mouth at the prospect of either Claiborne or Blackmon being at that slot, because Luck, RGIII and Kalil will gobble up 3 of the Top 4 spots.

I don't mind contemplating some trade down scenarios but Tampa seems like a VERY unlikely player.

The Falcons gave up their first, second and fourth round picks this year. They also gave up their 2012 first and fourth round picks. for the sixth overall pick in last years draft so that being said we should get loads more picks thank people think.

Exactly. Giants gave up and entire draft for Manning. People keep talking about trading players in the draft....which never happens, and not about huge pick trades, which happens 1 every 2 years.

Is Josh Freemen they solidified man at Tampa?

Exactly. Giants gave up and entire draft for Manning.

where do people get these things from!!!

they swapped the 1st and 4th picks, the chargers also got a 3rd, and the next years 1st and 5th round picks.

that's two 1st's, a 3rd, and a 5th. that's a REAL trade, not the fantasy's fans are hoping for.

The Falcons gave up their first, second and fourth round picks this year. They also gave up their 2012 first and fourth round picks. for the sixth overall pick in last years draft so that being said we should get loads more picks thank people think.

the falcons were picking 27th in the draft. you can't just use rounds to talk about trades. if you use the draft chart is is a very even trade.

I think it would be #4 and #23 this year. Atlants lost in the playoffs to the Giants so they are drafting in the low 20's.

Regardless whether the colts draft Luck or trade the #1 pick to some qb hungry team, the Rams will trade the #2 pick to some other qb hungry team so they can draft RG3. RG3 is not slipping past the 2nd pick.

And you know this as fact? No, it's your opinion. My opinion is that the Rams probably should draft Matt Kalil. Do you really want your quarterback to keep getting beat up and injured?

I'll put it this way. Let's say the colts had the #2 pick and they still had Charlie Johnson at LT. The blocking there has gotten pretty subpar. I am pretty sure that most fans on here would clammer for Matt Kalil to be the next colts LT, not trade away the pick.

the falcons were picking 27th in the draft. you can't just use rounds to talk about trades. if you use the draft chart is is a very even trade who says you have to go on the draft chart value it up to you as a team so than dont matter and thats alot fo give up for the sixth overall pick

So we're trading Andrew Luck for Claiborne or Blackmon or Richardson at the 5 spot? LIkely Richardson will drop lower than 5 as most RBs do.

We are in transition folks, and the only way I would trade away our QB future is if I'm getting Kalil, Claiborne AND Richardson, which is not going to happen.

And you know this as fact? No, it's your opinion. My opinion is that the Rams probably should draft Matt Kalil. Do you really want your quarterback to keep getting beat up and injured?

I'll put it this way. Let's say the colts had the #2 pick and they still had Charlie Johnson at LT. The blocking there has gotten pretty subpar. I am pretty sure that most fans on here would clammer for Matt Kalil to be the next colts LT, not trade away the pick.

Are the Rams going to value Kalil over a boatload of picks?

Just how far down do you think we should go though? I'd love to trade down and get Blackman but he may go at #2. I'd be pleased with Foles in the 2nd or 3rd. Seems he's projected around there.

Well Cleveland ideally, I ment he had the order wrong, but Cleveland would be a great trade partner.

60 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:03 AM

View Postcolts17, on 12 January 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

Exactly. Giants gave up and entire draft for Manning. People keep talking about trading players in the draft....which never happens, and not about huge pick trades, which happens 1 every 2 years.

The Giants have a SB with Eli?

60 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:03 AM

View Postcolts17, on 12 January 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

The Giants have a SB with Eli?

Pats won 3 superbowls and went to 4. They have 2 picks in the first fround for the last 3 or 4 years

I have one better. Why not trade number one to the Vikings for Ponder and Petersen. You get the missing piece on offense and a QB in waiting. Can you imagine the year Manning and Peterrsen could have? It would be unbelievable!! The Vikings could get Richardson at 3. Sounds like a win win.

I have one better. Why not trade number one to the Vikings for Ponder and Petersen. You get the missing piece on offense and a QB in waiting. Can you imagine the year Manning and Peterrsen could have? It would be unbelievable!! The Vikings could get Richardson at 3. Sounds like a win win.

Nobody every packages players for Draft picks on draft day. This isn't MLB

first incase you haven't noticed we ARE taking Andrew Luck

2nd Ok peyton comes back and plays 2 to 3 yrs then what we suffer through another 2-14 season i know i dont want to

3 the bucs have their QB and the name is Freeman remenber they used a high 1st rd pick on him

4 peyton may never play again 1 hit could possibly make him paralyzed

5 the question shouldnt be trade the pick but more importantly whos might be leaving (reggie, mathis, manning saturday clark garcon)

so stop whining about trading the pick and just accept it

Luck jerseys will get real popular soon

first incase you haven't noticed we ARE taking Andrew Luck

2nd Ok peyton comes back and plays 2 to 3 yrs then what we suffer through another 2-14 season i know i dont want to

3 the bucs have their QB and the name is Freeman remenber they used a high 1st rd pick on him

5 the question shouldnt be trade the pick but more importantly whos might be leaving (reggie, mathis, manning saturday clark garcon)

so stop whining about trading the pick and just accept it

Luck jerseys will get real popular soon

You sure are overconfident... you have no proof as most people don't.

just for 1 second take your mind of peyton

what it was perhaps tony romo who is 36 coming off 3 neck surgeries and you had a chance to pick a guy like Luck

you would do it because its a MONEY MAKING BUSINESS it doesnt matter if hes a good guy you have to do whats best for the franchise. so before you think but peyton bulit this place yes but montana left and so did farve but even better we are giving manning an option to stay.

for you that say luck could be a bust so could any of the picks that we trade down for

2) I think that Peyton might be good for a lot more than 2-3 years, and the thought of future 2-14 seasons afterwards is pretty trivial actually. It's a cycle, it happens. It's what you do during the "up" periods of the cycle that matters, and throwing away "the greatest QB in the history of the game" in hopes of maybe avoiding some minor discomfort later doesn't make much sense to me. There is only one Peyton Manning, don't take him for granted.

4) Peyton has absolutely no more chance of being paralyzed by one hit than any other player in the league.

unless luck refuses to play for indy they will take him the father took elway jim took manning and hes not going to pass up on a pick like this

I don't think it would be smart to pass up on the players that you could draft instead of Andrew Luck... It's your opinion, just like adding lots of talent to this team through trading the pick is my opinion, although it seems like common sense to me when you add in things like that rookie contracts are for 4 years and that Peyton Manning has 4 years left on his contract.