Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Future of the afc south

runthepost

The potential of 3 top 10 QBs from the afc south within the next few years is likely going to happen.

Andrew Luck - we know how good he is top 10 not top 5 yet

Blake Bortles - 2nd in touchdown passes at 35

Marcus  Mariota - Has the tools and potential to be great just needs protection

Thoughts?

Except Houston.  I want the Colts to be the primary culprit as to why they never win the division and when they do, as long as we can say that it took a lacerated kidney for them to win, that'd just be icing on the cake.  Maybe there will be a day when Houston owns the division, I just want it to be after I'm dead.  

39 minutes ago, 18Manning said:

Sure would be nice to not have someone throwing that in your face all the time.

We in the AFC East hear you and agree with that. (Matter fact Colt fans threw that in our faces for years lol) But always good have a competitive division makes the games more fun to watch.

6 hours ago, JimJaime said:

We in the AFC East hear you and agree with that. (Matter fact Colt fans threw that in our faces for years lol) But always good have a competitive division makes the games more fun to watch.

Can you imagine if Indy had not been transplanted out of the AFC East and Indy and NE were division rivals for the past 15 years???  It would have completely changed the face of the AFC.

9 hours ago, JCPatriot said:

Can you imagine if Indy had not been transplanted out of the AFC East and Indy and NE were division rivals for the past 15 years???  It would have completely changed the face of the AFC.

or a more logical grouping geographically:

East-NE, NYJ, Buffalo, Baltimore

North-Pittsburgh, Cincy, Cleveland, Indy

South-Tenn, Houston, Jacksonville, Miami

Now that's really a bad AFC south!

On 12/29/2015 at 1:17 PM, runthepost said:

The potential of 3 top 10 QBs from the afc south within the next few years is likely going to happen.

Thoughts?

I was saying similar before the season started.

This is why it is so important for Luck to get straightened out for us to keep our advantage. If not, Luck may soon be only 3rd best qb in our division.

2 hours ago, colts_100nascar17fan said:

That won't happen anytime soon,not with all those weapons. If they fix the defense,they will win the division several times. All houston needs is a qb and they are solid. Not sure how u can make the statement u did.

No this is jacksonville we're talking about they had plenty of weapons before and didn't do much with them bortles is just a 2.0 gabbert

On 12/29/2015 at 1:17 PM, runthepost said:

Thoughts?

I've talked about this on other posts. And don't forget the current rumor mill of Peyton Manning playing one more year for the Texans.  =)

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2015 at 6:56 AM, coltsva said:

or a more logical grouping geographically:

East-NE, NYJ, Buffalo, Baltimore

North-Pittsburgh, Cincy, Cleveland, Indy

South-Tenn, Houston, Jacksonville, Miami

Now that's really a bad AFC south!

This is the way it was supposed to be, but Miami & Baltimore complained; Miami wanted to be with the Jets because of a so-called rivalry & Art Modell, who had just dumped on Cleveland & owned Baltimore at the time pleaded with Tagliabue to "put us in the same division with my good friend Art Rooney."  The commissioner caved on Baltimore & Miami & Dallas got their way to stay in the respective East divisions because at the time they were the big draws.  The Colts were somewhat indifferent, having always wanted to be in the NFC North (Central earlier) with Chicago.  That actually went to a vote back when Tampa Bay was in the NFC Central, but Chicago & Green Bay voted against another dome team (Minnesota & Detroit) in the division.  They wanted a rivalry with Cincinnati but were just as optimistic for one with Tennessee.

I don't see Bortles or Mariotta being at Luck's level; but both will be maybe top 15.  The real problem is 2 historically poorly run franchises.  Houston will continue to be our main competition even though I'm not sure they will ever get that true franchise QB.  They had the chance to get Bortles, but why they took Clowney baffles me.  They could have had Derek Carr in the 2nd round, but didn't because they had picked his brother David Carr back in 2002.  Great logic, so you kind of have to question this team's front office as well.  Someone said they won the division because of a lacerated kidney, just like in 2011 with Manning's neck & 2012 as Indy went through a very short rebuild.  So now Houston has 3 AFCS division titles, Tennessee has 2, & Indy has 9.