Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

First Time Chose To Not Watch The Colts Game

King Colt

I watched the Jets/ Pats game over the Colts yesterday and in view of how the game went I am glad I did. There were several great games and the Colts/Miami game was not one of them for obvious reasons. The upcoming Colts/Titans game will be skipped as well. It is over for 2015.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

I watched the Jets/ Pats game over the Colts yesterday and in view of how the game went I am glad I did. There were several great games and the Colts/Miami game was not one of them for obvious reasons. The upcoming Colts/Titans game will be skipped as well. It is over for 2015.

Hope the fall off the wagon didn't hurt too much

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Who cares? Are we supposed to care that "King Colt" didn't watch the game yesterday? 

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

I feel your pain.  I've been a fan almost as long as you, but there have been waaaay more frustrating seasons than this and I wouldn't miss a game if I could help it.

You're correct, there were many better games on.  That could be said a lot of weeks when we were really good.  That's not the point nor relevant.

I hope you can get over it.  Try saying to yourself "At least I'm not a Browns fan".

I pay a ridiculous amount for NFL Ticket so I can watch the best games of the week and the best games this week were, NE/Jets, Pittsburgh/Balt., Carolina/Atl. and Rams/Seahawks. I reserve watching my scrub teams for the summer as I am a lifelong Cubs fan (and a Bears fan after the Colts went to the American Conference from being in the same division as the Bears). Understand, no team in any sport gives a flip who is watching them on the * box. Attendance at games matters somewhat, not loud mouths with a beer and chips in one hand and the remote in the other. You don't matter, their paychecks do.

44 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I pay a ridiculous amount for NFL Ticket so I can watch the best games of the week and the best games this week were, NE/Jets, Pittsburgh/Balt., Carolina/Atl. and Rams/Seahawks. I reserve watching my scrub teams for the summer as I am a lifelong Cubs fan (and a Bears fan after the Colts went to the American Conference from being in the same division as the Bears). Understand, no team in any sport gives a flip who is watching them on the * box. Attendance at games matters somewhat, not loud mouths with a beer and chips in one hand and the remote in the other. You don't matter, their paychecks do.

Actually, you are wrong.  The television audience matters much more than those that attend the game.  It is the tv money that pays the majority their paychecks.

10 hours ago, King Colt said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok.....

0cea341dd568ed096c1cede1fb5d42b0beb32298

I watched every single snap of the 2011 season (mess that Colts fans that had to call football for a season) so while this season has not been one to look back on and remember at all....and quite honestly I just want to get it over at this point.....This season is nothing compared to the sick and twisted nightmare that we could not wake up from for 5 months in 2011 and that does not even go into the chaos that ensued after the season

13 hours ago, King Colt said:

Who cares?

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

Dear God...

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

I watched every single snap of the 2011 season (mess that Colts fans that had to call football for a season) so while this season has not been one to look back on and remember at all....and quite honestly I just want to get it over at this point.....This season is nothing compared to the sick and twisted nightmare that we could not wake up from for 5 months in 2011 and that does not even go into the chaos that ensued after the season

It could be because this season was filled with high expectations, or because #12's injury, but this season was a lot tougher than 2011. I still watched every game in 2011

King Colt, I feel your pain. I have been a fan since 1965. I went to their first two superbowls 3 and 5. Never missed a game until this year. I think, rather I know I have changed. Football is no longer the end all be all. I used to have a great week at work after a win, or a bad couple of days after a loss. In the movie North Dallas Forty, The coach said to Nick Nolty " You must know when to give up childish things". I think this is what is happening. With the players attitudes, sports betting, bad or suspect ref calls, and the game heading for pay per view per game, 39.95 a week comming soon, its hard to get excited. Does championship wrestling come to mind? Any way, don't let a bunch of 15 year season ticket holders call you a bandwagoner. Your just tired.

22 hours ago, King Colt said:

Have you thought about changing your name here from King Colt to something more appropriate?

Perhaps Fairweather Colt?

18 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

King Colt, I feel your pain. I have been a fan since 1965. I went to their first two superbowls 3 and 5. Never missed a game until this year. I think, rather I know I have changed. Football is no longer the end all be all. I used to have a great week at work after a win, or a bad couple of days after a loss. In the movie North Dallas Forty, The coach said to Nick Nolty " You must know when to give up childish things". I think this is what is happening. With the players attitudes, sports betting, bad or suspect ref calls, and the game heading for pay per view per game, 39.95 a week comming soon, its hard to get excited. Does championship wrestling come to mind? Any way, don't let a bunch of 15 year season ticket holders call you a bandwagoner. Your just tired.

You guys have been fans a lot longer than me. I became one in 1984 when the Colts came to Indy. Losses still bother me a lot eventhough I keep telling myself I wont let it bother me if the Colts lose. When the Colts win my week goes much better, when they lose I think about it until basically Thursday before I move on. Just in my blood I guess. I have been to a bunch of games over the years and I cant even recall if I have ever missed a game as far as watching it or listening to Lamey on the radio.